Expected Comp Picks

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

I mean - we traded a lot of players before contracts ended.  If phillips, lawson, johnson and spain all sign market deals we'd be in line for a couple in 2021.  Depends if buffalo retains any, or where the replacement players contracts fall on the salary scale.  

Would you rather cut murphy and keep lawson, or keep murphy and get say a 4th round pick in 2021?  Targeting players who are cut also allows you to get your comp picks.  Or trading for players that teams are considering cutting due to salary cap constraints.  

The only way it would work is if all 4 of our free agents sign elsewhere, and buffalo only say signs 2 big deal free agents.  Meanwhile they extend milano, white, and maybe poyer.  

They'd still hit a net loss of 4-2.  I wouldn't focus on it unless one or 2 get above market deals though.  I'm not limiting my team because i might get a 2021 6th round pick.  You won't get the 3rd unless they're in the top 10 of contracts, and they wont be.  

I do expect at least one trade that brings a player here this off-season.  Just how FA looks like it’s going to fall leads me to think that way. 

Yup.  It’s a narrow path and it’s not worth working toward at the start of this off-season.  If we are well into free agency and things happen to fall that way, then sure. 

Edited by BarleyNY