Mighty Taco looks to add alcohol

ricojes

https://buffalonews.com/2020/02/21/how-about-a-beer-with-that-super-mighty-mighty-taco-looking-to-add-alcoholic-beverages-to-its-menu/

Soon taco eaters may be washing down their burritos with beer at most Mighty Taco restaurants Western New York, according to a spokesman for the chain.

The fast-food chain, known for its quirky ad campaigns, has taken the first step to obtaining a liquor license from the State Liquor Authority for 19 of its 21 local restaurants, confirmed Mighty Taco CEO Russell Jasulevich.

“What’s better than a burrito and beer?” asked Jasulevich. “A taco and beer. It adds another dimension to our business.”

The liquor license would also allow the sale of wine and hard cider, said Jasulevich.

Edited by ricojes
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ricojes said:

https://buffalonews.com/2020/02/21/how-about-a-beer-with-that-super-mighty-mighty-taco-looking-to-add-alcoholic-beverages-to-its-menu/

Soon taco eaters may be washing down their burritos with beer at most Mighty Taco restaurants Western New York, according to a spokesman for the chain.

The fast-food chain, known for its quirky ad campaigns, has taken the first step to obtaining a liquor license from the State Liquor Authority for 19 of its 21 local restaurants, confirmed Mighty Taco CEO Russell Jasulevich.

“What’s better than a burrito and beer?” asked Jasulevich. “A taco and beer. It adds another dimension to our business.”

The liquor license would also allow the sale of wine and hard cider, said Jasulevich.

Yikes. Talk about asking for legal liability.

Are high school minimum wage fast-food workers going to properly check IDs during a lunch or dinner rush?

Are they going to recognize someone who is too drunk to serve when they're busy, putting the entire restaurant at risk liability under dram shop laws?

Are they going to serve real beer, or Bud Light?

Finally, is this the first step in their bid to win the Franchise Wars, and make Demolition Man come true?

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Yikes. Talk about asking for legal liability.

Are high school minimum wage fast-food workers going to properly check IDs during a lunch or dinner rush?

Are they going to recognize someone who is too drunk to serve when they're busy, putting the entire restaurant at risk liability under dram shop laws?

Are they going to serve real beer, or Bud Light?

Finally, is this the first step in their bid to win the Franchise Wars, and make Demolition Man come true?

I’m sure the quality management will handle this just fine......or at least as well as the order/pick up arrangement. There may or may not have been evenings (aka early mornings post bar hopping) when some people I may have known (aka drove their with me) skipped the “order line” and went straight to the “pick up line”, then waited for an order that sounded good and didn’t get an immediate response from someone waiting to grab it and eat. Most of the diners were too messed up to have any idea what happened. 

I don’t think it will be any worse from a liability standpoint than any of the other establishments who would serve us when I was 16-17 years old. You knew where to go, when to go and who’s table to sit at. Where there is a will (and a pitcher) there is a way! 

7 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

The poor employees who have to go and clean the bathrooms on the night shifts....

Every chain restaurant I ever worked at the manager was the one who had to clean the bathrooms. They wouldn't let the employees clean them said it was a health risk if you were handling customers food. This was about 15 years ago.

Edited by Hardhatharry

Back in the 70s, the workers were more wasted than the customers.   A friend and I went to the Bailey location and ordered two Mightys apiece. Opened the bag and there were 8 in it! They were so wasted they made the order twice.

• Haha (+1) 2