Need an alternative to AT&T for the Sunday ticket

oldmanfan

7 hours ago, Mr Info said:

I mentioned this in another Sunday Ticket thread and may be applicable to some of you.  

As a season ticket holder, I receive an email every year for $100 Sunday ticket Max. Perhaps I can get a better discount if I call Directv & speak with the proper rep but now taking the easy way and just fill out the form for $100...no more calls. I have both regular seats & clubs so I do not know which one gets that discount sent to me. 

Full disclosure. I am a long time Directv & ATT wireless customer. 

I would sign up,for 100$ a year ST MAX in a heartbeat

23 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I  actually surprised at how DTV has started acting about the Sunday ticket, they make it so that it is cheaper to just go to a bar and have a couple drinks. 

and THAT is really saying something. Bars with ST are a terrible experience and ridiculously expensive. Food is crap and drinks overpriced. Can’t hear your game and asshat fans of the opposition combined with leaving with an empty wallet diminish even your teams biggest wins of the season. 

At least that’s been my experience when being on the road.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

and THAT is really saying something. Bars with ST are a terrible experience and ridiculously expensive. Food is crap and drinks overpriced. Can’t hear your game and asshat fans of the opposition combined with leaving with an empty wallet diminish even your teams biggest wins of the season. 

At least that’s been my experience when being on the road.

When I traveled I made sure I went to bills bar whenever possible or as a second choice Hooters- they always put on the game for me and most people there were more interested in the women than the game, not that I ignored the women but game came first 

There could be changes to how we can access Sunday Ticket after 2022, when broadcast rights come up for renewal.

According to this story, "AT&T has signaled both publicly and privately is too expensive to profitably renew at $1.5 billion per year." That could open the door to any number of would-be (streaming and broadcast) suitors.

However, the story also says: "But it also means the NFL knows it has all the leverage in these discussions, and will likely wring every drop of money it can from desperate media companies who simply can’t afford to lose the most popular thing on television." 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/22/nfl-tv-rights-up-for-renewal-in-2022-and-big-media-will-pay-more.html

On 2/21/2020 at 12:44 PM, Steptide said:

As much as I hate directv since they merged with AT&T, I just can't bring myself to cancel their service. It's way too convenient having the ticket on my TV. This past year was the 1st time in 9 years I paid for the Sunday ticket. Like some others have said, they just would not budge this year. Also with the NFL showing some games in 4k, I can't let directv go, yet. Not only has their customer service gone down, but their reliability has also. The first dvr I had lasted me like 6 years. The newest boxes I have I've replaced 3 times. They'll just randomly crap the bed. 

My biggest problem is finding a streaming service that offers all the tv channels my wife watches, plus being able to have local tv channels here in rural Iowa, along with decent DVR services. I think Sling TV's most expensive package might just get the job done, I just need to pull the trigger sometime. 

On 2/21/2020 at 10:38 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You can purchase NFL ST user/pass from college students on EBay.  My niece is a sophomore at RIT, doesn’t care about football, and “sold her subscription” on EBay in August.  I think she said she paid $100 and sold it for 150 or 175.

This is an emerging trend and very appealing...can the NFL, or eBay for that matter, crack down on this?