Need an alternative to AT&T for the Sunday ticket

oldmanfan

We have DTV and AT&T because a little redundancy never hurt. The bill might hurt, but I like backup and needs it at times. They both stink, but it’s my best options. I just have to hope my wife does not read any of what is about to be posted here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

We have DTV and AT&T because a little redundancy never hurt. The bill might hurt, but I like backup and needs it at times. They both stink, but it’s my best options. I just have to hope my wife does not read any of what is about to be posted here. 

Augie, can you explain as DTV is owned by AT&T, so they are the same thing, unless you mean you se them for Cel., and DTV.   I’m not asking other than confused as I had DTV for twenty years, but can’t now as I’m in a place where we can’t get the right angle to get a signal.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Who can we use other than AT&T as a carrier for my Sunday Ticket?  Our WiFi for AT@T constantly goes down and it’s driving my wife and I nuts, but we keep them to get the ticket. Help!!!!

How is WiFi impacting your directv?  Maybe you need to get your router replaced

17 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

How is WiFi impacting your directv?  Maybe you need to get your router replaced

Can't tell you how many times we've changed the router, twice in the past six months.  But we keep having our Internet and everything else just die.

• Sad 1

On 2/20/2020 at 7:28 PM, Augie said:

DTV and AT&T - the WORST corporate merger in U.S. history. They don't even have a single unified platform - and the merger went down in 2015

Neither company will ever see a dime from me again. I signed a new 2 yr agreement when I moved to FL and got SundayTicket & CenterIce free......then I tried to turn on the Bills game one Sunday and DTV prompted me to pay $49.99. It happened week after week (I never paid it) so I had to go to a nearby sports bar.

And DTV claimed the $49.99 charge was not happening......insane

On top of that I never got the $200 gift card for signing a new agreement - and every time I called they would have to transfer me to find me in their "system"

Edited by BuffaninATL
additional explanation
  • Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, BuffaninATL said:

DTV and AT&T - the WORST corporate merger in U.S. history. They don't even have a single unified platform - and the merger went down in 2015

Neither company will ever see a dime from me again. I signed a new 2 yr agreement when I moved to FL and got SundayTicket & CenterIce free......then I tried to turn on the Bills game one Sunday and DTV prompted me to pay $49.99. It happened week after week (I never paid it) so I had to go to a nearby sports bar.

And DTV claimed the $49.99 charge was not happening......insane

I concur...they are awful...having said that...I call every few months and get discounts on my bill....it's a pain but it works...my movie channels are always free or discounted and when I called last week they offered a Center Ice discount without me asking. It's convenient with DVR, on demand and movies so I don't have to go to a theater to watch

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

I concur...they are awful...having said that...I call every few months and get discounts on my bill....it's a pain but it works...my movie channels are always free or discounted and when I called last week they offered a Center Ice discount without me asking. It's convenient with DVR, on demand and movies so I don't have to go to a theater to watch

I used to do exactly the same thing  - until my experience with them got so bad, e.g., they could not even find my account in their system & I would get passed back and forth between DTV & ATT "customer care" reps - what a f***ing joke

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaninATL said:

I used to do exactly the same thing  - until my experience with them got so bad, e.g., they could not even find my account in their system & I would get passed back and forth between DTV & ATT "customer care" reps - what a f***ing joke

Yep, it's bad....sorry to hear that....I haven't had something that bad happen yet

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Can't tell you how many times we've changed the router, twice in the past six months.  But we keep having our Internet and everything else just die.

You've probably thought of this, but make sure the modem is up to date as well.  One of my friends was having a similar issue and I suggested she check her modem.  It turns out the modem was eight years old.  She brought it to the Spectrum store for a free swap and hasn't had one issue since.  I'm sure AT&T does something similar...they can't be worse than Spectrum, can they??

7 minutes ago, NHBills said:

You've probably thought of this, but make sure the modem is up to date as well.  One of my friends was having a similar issue and I suggested she check her modem.  It turns out the modem was eight years old.  She brought it to the Spectrum store for a free swap and hasn't had one issue since.  I'm sure AT&T does something similar...they can't be worse than Spectrum, can they??

if the modem is leased, the SP has an obligation to keep you up to date with current HW

• Like (+1) 1

There’ve been innuendos on NFLRadio that the new CBA will open up many different and new venues to watch games which may be offered as early as next season. You might want to hold off dumping AT&T/DTV if you otherwise like the service. I dumped DTV last year after having since ‘93 and went to steaming the games. 

If we are piling on, I got DirecTV when I bought my house this time last year. They promised me a $200 Visa gift card, Sunday Ticket, movie channels, etc... I never got the gift card. I called a couple of times and they didn’t see it in their system. Eventually they sent me a $100 gift card. I didn’t feel like arguing anymore so I let it go. I go to the Bills bar for the games so I don’t really use my Sunday Ticket. On the Bills bye week, I had a dozen or so people over and smoked chicken. I figured we could hang here, eat, drink, play cornhole and watch football. I came to learn at about noon, that they never turned on my Sunday Ticket for the first 6 weeks!! What a mess!! At any rate, I’m planning to use their incompetence to get it for free this year. Fingers crossed