Sammy Haggar was a better lead singer for Van Halen than David Lee Roth

On 2/21/2020 at 9:22 PM, Doc said:

You are welcome.

And then there's this:

BTW, George Lynch (Dokken) said that he and Eddie went to the Starwood in the late 70's and they saw a guy playing there named Harvey Mandel who was tapping before Eddie was doing it and that Eddie copied him.

Any reactions to either of these?  Everyone seen/heard them before? 

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Any reactions to either of these?  Everyone seen/heard them before? 

I'm listening............these are cool! 

I think that the best inventions ever are, in no particular order:

1. Internal combustion engine

2. Internet

3. RedZone channel

4. Yoga pants

5. YouTube

Edited by Seasons1992
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'm listening............these are cool! 

I think that the best inventions ever are, in no particular order:

1. Internal combustion engine

2. Internet

3. RedZone channel

4. Yoga pants

5. YouTube

You have to think big picture! I would add the wheel and dinosaur repellent. I think my young friend @plenzmd1 would agree, as he also greatly benefitted when both were discovered. 

BTW - if it’s no particular order, why did you number them 1-5? It makes me feel the internal combustion engine is greater than yoga pants for some reason.....and I feel that is misleading. 

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

You have to think big picture! I would add the wheel and dinosaur repellent. I think my young friend @plenzmd1 would agree, as he also greatly benefitted when both were discovered. 

BTW - if it’s no particular order, why did you number them 1-5? It makes me feel the internal combustion engine is greater than yoga pants for some reason.....and I feel that is misleading. 

Does this make you feel better?

Image result for girl yoga pants engine

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Hagar is a better singer. But VH put out better material with Dave.

Not necessarily better.  I think both Michael Anthony and Alex Van Halen did a lot more with their respective instruments during the Hagar-era.

I like both eras.  A lot.  Both turned out fantastic albums that were completely different.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

any other handicapped people you kind of mock

this is sorta in the doosh-chills territory...

It's a joke that even Stevie is in on. It started when Shaq, who's friends with him, started making comments about how he can catch things that are thrown at him. Also, Elton John said in his autobiography that he and Stevie went out on a snowmobile ride in the 70s, and Stevie insisted on driving, and drove perfectly. 

24 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

It's a joke that even Stevie is in on. It started when Shaq, who's friends with him, started making comments about how he can catch things that are thrown at him. Also, Elton John said in his autobiography that he and Stevie went out on a snowmobile ride in the 70s, and Stevie insisted on driving, and drove perfectly. 

I'm sure that Stevie and Sammy had to put up with a ton of "jokes" that they pretended were funny

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

I'm sure that Stevie and Sammy had to put up with a ton of "jokes" that they pretended were funny

It's not a joke.  Steveland ain't blind.

• Like (+1) 1

okay Hagar fans, what compares to this in full context?  as in they seem to have a great time goofing around as well as high-level performance

this is just the first of 2 dozen, by the way....

there is no possible way to play these tunes too loud

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Sammy was probably the better singer/misician, but Diamond Dave is, well... Diamond Dave!  One of the best front men in Rock and Roll history.

Who would some of the other best be? Just curious as to peoples tastes.