CeeDee Lamb or bust.

ScorpionZero

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Come back to Earth

That and the acid isn't as good as it used to be. 

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

fantasyland

It's fantasy island, jeez get it right

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

fantasyland

It's fantasy island, jeez get it right

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

***** Matt Miller, he's famunda cheese

The jets are going OL.

If they are smart they go OL. 

But this is the Jets we are talking about 

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

my last argument for Lamb after trading for Diggs. 

This year's 2nd and 4th, next year's 1st and 3rd to move up with Cleveland to 10 and grab Lamb. When playing out of 4 wide, brown and him could be interchangeable. Lamb outside running a 15 yard comeback route while brown runs a seem post, Diggs running a 9 on the left and Beasley running a crosser. Who do you double, who do you cover. If you double outside in a 2 deep look, browns got a touchdown. If you quarters Beasley is open, if you 3 deep Lamb is open on the come back.

With Lamb in the offense, we become unstoppable. With a roster as complete as ours, its time to take chances for impact players. I know you'll say it affects us long term from a draft standpoint but only for one year. The way that Beane uses free agency the draft becomes less important. 

So that would leave us with a third this year and a second next year as our only 2 picks in the top 4 rounds. Brilliant!

Just now, Pbomb said:

So that would leave us with a third this year and a second next year as our only 2 picks in the top 4 rounds. Brilliant!

Thank you, I try. But instead of brilliant you might say genius. But that's you not me. 

1 minute ago, Pbomb said:

If he throws in a couple extra top picks in 2022, I might be persuaded! It just might be so crazy it would work!   :)

1 hour ago, ScorpionZero said:

This year's 2nd and 4th, next year's 1st and 3rd to move up with Cleveland to 10 and grab Lamb. When playing out of 4 wide, brown and him could be interchangeable. Lamb outside running a 15 yard comeback route while brown runs a seem post, Diggs running a 9 on the left and Beasley running a crosser. Who do you double, who do you cover. If you double outside in a 2 deep look, browns got a touchdown. If you quarters Beasley is open, if you 3 deep Lamb is open on the come back.

With Lamb in the offense, we become unstoppable. With a roster as complete as ours, its time to take chances for impact players. I know you'll say it affects us long term from a draft standpoint but only for one year. The way that Beane uses free agency the draft becomes less important.

Beane has flat out said "Diggs is our first round pick".  So I think you actually can bet the rent that he won't be trading up to #10 for anyone, much less a WR

Im gonna let this go because we have so many GM's on here without a job. But in a couple years, bring your forks and knives for the crow you'll be eating. Bad quarterback play and offensive coordinators don't count for evaluation purposes. So don't forget your A1 sauce. And im not saying all my choices are right in trying to get Lamb, I just think he's gonna be that good of a player. The jury is now sequestered. 

1 minute ago, ScorpionZero said:

Im gonna let this go because we have so many GM's on here without a job. But in a couple years, bring your forks and knives for the crow you'll be eating. Bad quarterback play and offensive coordinators don't count for evaluation purposes. So don't forget your A1 sauce. And im not saying all my choices are right in trying to get Lamb, I just think he's gonna be that good of a player. The jury is now sequestered. 

1. It would most likely cost MORE to get Lamb than it did to get Diggs.
  2. Diggs is already a top 10 WR in the NFL, and could arguably be in the top 5 conversation.
  3. Diggs is an elite route runner, elite contested catch WR and also a massive deep threat.

I like Lamb and Juedy a lot, but at the end of the day, the odds of them being as good as Diggs will be over the next 2 seasons are quite low, and I would even say less than 5%.  The odds of them being as good as Diggs over their career are not all that great either historically, and that is just because Diggs is that good and not many get to that level even when coming out, even as top tier prospects.  

At the end of the day, Lamb and Juedy no longer matter...we have an elite WR in Diggs already whose got 4 years on his contract and is only 26.  Why do people still care about any of the top rookie WR's?  Lamb could go on to be a great himself...but who cares, we just got a young PROVEN WR is actually already one of the best in the NFL right now that will do more for Allen this year than any rookie would.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScorpionZero said:

Agreed.  I think he’s going to be special if his qb/OC situation is stable 

On 4/4/2020 at 5:15 PM, ScorpionZero said:

Dear Robert Kraft,

Please stop posting on our boards, trying to convince the Bills to do things which will give the Patriots a chance at beating them over the next decade.

Thanks,

The Mgmt

Trading the Bills' 2nd and 4th this year and 1st and 3rd next year (the value of those 2 picks in each year are the same, since picks the following year are worth the same as picks a round lower the previous year) don't even get you to 20th overall.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/4/2020 at 4:15 PM, ScorpionZero said:

1)  We would probably need to give up our 2021 and 2022 first rounders (at the very least) to move up that high.

2)  While this would certainly make our WRs very difficult for defenses to cover, it would not make our offense unstoppable.  We still need to get good blocking from the O-Line (especially if we are going 4-wide all the time) and we need Josh Allen to make the right decision on where to go with his throws.

3)  No prospect is bust-proof.  As much as I like Lamb, he still has a chance to under-perform to expectations once he gets to the big leagues.  Sammy Watkins is a great example.  

This is exactly why teams don't fall in love with one guy "or bust". You'd think fans would've figured this out by now, too. Unless you're picking first overall, there is no guarantee that you're getting your guy. And how often does the team's vision align with your own? This isn't fantasy football.