CeeDee Lamb or bust.

ScorpionZero

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Their third (Pick 86)  would get you from 22 to 18-19..  a bit below your target area... He might go this if they are super keen on a guy still there and to get ahead of Eagles.. I would be surprised if he gave up more to move up for a WR but I'll wait and see...

Dont forget the pick he traded to move up for Edmunds was 65...

we don't have many true needs, many can potentially be solved in UFA. Many of the later rounds picks won't make the team either. I'm not saying we should definitely trade up either, I would if the player is available at realistic pick (I'm not trading up #2 for Young)

26 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

the gap between the top 3 and the rest is pretty big and #22 is a tough spot to be in, most likely yes WRs drafted in later rounds will develop nicely, but they will take more work and very likely more time (1-2 years), which shrinks the impact they can have this season and help us understand if Josh is the guy or not. Diggs makes a lot of sense, mainly due to his young age and he is proven...

There are a few others that could potentially start day 1, but they don’t check all the boxes. Van Jefferson and J Jefferson for example could be plug and play. Flipside is high floor, lower ceiling. Reagor can probably start, but he’s similar to John Brown. Shenault and Bowden would instantly take McKenzies spot, but they’re likely not day 1 outside receivers. 22 might be a rough spot to be for WR. Of course, Beane could always go another rout if talent drops. Hopefully some of these WRs separate themselves during the combine. 

1 hour ago, ScorpionZero said:

You don't remember all the prognosticators calling the Falcons nuts for moving up to draft Jones. How is this any different. 

The Falcons didn't mortgage their future, and send their franchise into another 4-5 year tailspin of gloom and frustration. Other than that, no different. 

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

we don't have many true needs, many can potentially be solved in UFA. Many of the later rounds picks won't make the team either. I'm not saying we should definitely trade up either, I would if the player is available at realistic pick (I'm not trading up #2 for Young)

Lot of people are mentioning about all these picks in the 5th and 6th not making the team.. Thats maybe true, but their trade value is limited ...

Picks 155, 167, 188, 201 and 207 have a combined value of about 90 points  on the draft chart which is around the value of Pick 103...

Given that they have done Ok drafting in the later rounds , I'd rather they throw a few darts and see if they can get a hit or three.. 

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I think if both Lamb and Ruggs make it to Denver at 15 we should seriously consider trading up to 16. It would probably take our 2nd. I love both of those prospects so much, part of me wouldn't even hate trading next year's 1st if that's what it takes to get above Denver. I know people would hate it because of how Sammy Watkins worked out but both Lamb and Ruggs are better prospects than he was IMO.

One thing to watch is what moves Beane makes after the start of the new league year.  If he makes some trades packaging players with late round picks for earlier round picks, well, we’ll know he wants draft ammunition to move around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How often have the bills added talent that hasn't worked out. Wasting first round picks and then some trying to get that next best player. Our team is filled with what iff's We traded down and got tre white, we traded up to get Allen and Edmonds. Why isn't it feasible to go and get a reciever that can change the face of the offense 

52 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

the gap between the top 3 and the rest is pretty big and #22 is a tough spot to be in, most likely yes WRs drafted in later rounds will develop nicely, but they will take more work and very likely more time (1-2 years), which shrinks the impact they can have this season and help us understand if Josh is the guy or not. Diggs makes a lot of sense, mainly due to his young age and he is proven...

This is where i am at generally speaking.

I perhaps should not even post here, as i do not want  WR in the 1st.

3 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

How often have the bills added talent that hasn't worked out. Wasting first round picks and then some trying to get that next best player. Our team is filled with what iff's We traded down and got tre white, we traded up to get Allen and Edmonds. Why isn't it feasible to go and get a reciever that can change the face of the offense 

Either we have better talent evaluation now, or we’re doomed anyway

It’s feasible to go up and get Lamb if Beane and his guys agree with you he’s a Julio Jones/AJ Green type guy.  I’m neither saying it’s right or wrong

I just don’t see Beane doing it.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

Trading our 1st, 2nd and next year's 1st for a WR in a WR heavy draft is a very bad idea

or even our 1st and  anything at all.

Not for WR this year.

41 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Take DK Metcalf, oh wait...that was last year

even hindsight is not 20 /20

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah I am gonna say I dont endorse that unless he seriously drops

Beane has just shown he is too good with these draft picks to give up what it would take to get him in a WR draft that probably runs 3 rounds deep with starters

You get average at best talent drafting skill position players in mid rounds.  Everyone on here talks about how Allen and Mahomes would look if you switched their supporting casts.  Then when there’s a potentially elite target that costs what potentially elite targets cost, suddenly everyone’s fine with Great Value brand weapons.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Remember the last time we traded up in a deep WR class? 

What does that have to do with anything?  The Chiefs didn’t draft a QB in the first round for 34 years because the last one busted so hard.  Should they have passed on Mahomes because a previous GM made a bad pick?  If McBeane thinks he’s the goods, then pull the trigger.  The team was a hair away from winning the first playoff game in 25 years.  The offense put up 19 points in 5 quarters against a team that gave up 7 TDs in 3 quarters a week later.  Adding a true #1 receiver makes every other matchup on the field more favorable.  The team’s window is officially open.  If Josh is the guy, he’s going to start getting really expensive in 2 years.  It’s time to put a finished product on the field now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Give me Diggs for a 2nd rounder instead 

Diggs would cost pick 22 at a minimum.  Number 1 receivers who are 26 years old with below market contracts don’t come cheap despite what some tweet said.

15 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Simply because of cost. Moving up in the first to get a desired player carries more risk. and Bill lose their leverage in later rounds an perhaps into next season,

Trading up in the second is more palatable.
Now that Bills are picking later in the round, we need to be more cautious than aggressive please.

Thats said? I want a top DE  in round one  lol

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

Diggs would cost pick 22 at a minimum.  Number 1 receivers who are 26 years old with below market contracts don’t come cheap despite what some tweet said.

Not sure about that

50 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I get what you are saying and it’s not far fetched. Maybe Beane goes after Greene if Cincy can’t lock him up, or pulls a trade off for someone we aren’t even thinking about yet. I think Beane is hesitant on drafting wideouts high because he knows they take awhile to develop. I’m not saying it won’t happen, I am making assumptions based on what I have seen thus far from Beane.

I do want AJ Green but I suspect Cincinnati won't let him go. There aren't any #1 WRs that will be available in free agency so it's either cross our fingers that Green or Diggs become tradeable, or we draft one.

Beane has said over and over again that he needs to find a weapon Allen can trust on every down. Lamb is that weapon. He has insane catch radius and YAC ability. Supposedly he is very competitive too. If we have an opportunity to draft him I don't think Beane will hesitate to trade next year's 1st. This is the year to win. We can't hedge our bets forever.

Ruggs I would also like a lot, probably not enough to sacrifice the future though. I'm not sure he fits our offense's biggest need.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I do want AJ Green but I suspect Cincinnati won't let him go. There aren't any #1 WRs that will be available in free agency so it's either cross our fingers that Green or Diggs become tradeable, or we draft one.

Beane has said over and over again that he needs to find a weapon Allen can trust on every down. Lamb is that weapon. He has insane catch radius and YAC ability. Supposedly he is very competitive too. If we have an opportunity to draft him I don't think Beane will hesitate to trade next year's 1st. This is the year to win. We can't hedge our bets forever.

Ruggs I would also like a lot, probably not enough to sacrifice the future though. I'm not sure he fits our offense's biggest need.

I put that on Allen. He might already have one or two of those after watching last season.

Off season hopefully will improve the symbiosis. of Allen Brown Beasley Knox et cetera.

Bringing the whole WR room up can be done without drafting for one hard early in the first round imho.

No.

There are a ton of WR’s in this draft class that can be terrific, so trading up for a WR in this class is about the dumbest thing the Bills can do.

Just have to wait and see what the Bills do in FA and the trade market to see where their most pressing needs are and if they wanna trade up in the draft or not.

The Bills could easily trade up, but it’s not for a WR in loaded WR draft. That I can assure you of.