One "drought era" Bill on today's roster?

whatdrought

I've seen threads like this before, but not sure one has popped up this offseason. 

If you could bring one drought era Buffalo Bill (someone who never played in the playoffs with the Bills) in their prime, and drop them on this roster, who would it be? 

**Edit: For the sake of argument, let's say that "prime" means the high point of their career with the Bills. So for instance, whatever Gilmores best year was when wearing the red white and blue, not last year. 

This is what got me started down this rabbit hole: 

Freddy seems like an obvious choice, but Mario might be my pick. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 5

Nice topic and thank you for defining “drought era” because every other time we’ve tried to do this people took their own interpretation. 

I like Mario as an option but think that I’ll go in a different direction and say Takeo Spikes. That LB group would be, by miles, the best in the league.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like Mario as an option but think that I’ll go in a different direction and say Takeo Spikes. That LB group would be, by miles, the best in the league.

Takeo and London were both on my short list, I just wasn't sure about the positional need given what we have at the position.

Also, Gilmore makes sense but his "prime" with Buffalo wasn't that great, and I don't think he's nearly as good in a zone first scheme. 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Lee with Allen is a sexy idea... 

Absolutely!  The Miami game where he and Chambers went off, is as close as we’ll know to what that guy could do.   But a chance to get Fletcher on a McD roster....    ?

I’m surprised there aren’t more calls for Chris Kelsay.....

?

Edited by DFT
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, DFT said:

Absolutely!  The Miami game where he and Chambers went off, is as close as we’ll know to what that guy could do.   But a chance to get Fletcher on a McD roster....    ?

The Houston game where he and Losman connected on two 60+ td passes was pretty. Him across from Brown would be difficult to defend. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Give me Aaron Schobel in a McDermott defense, please. Edge problem solved. 

You beat me to it.  I was just going to say Aaron Schobel.  A good portion of our DE/edge problems would be solved if he was here.  A completely underrated DE who gave Brady fits...NE hated Schobel.

• Like (+1) 1

Eric Moulds please!

provided it is acceptable that he was in fact on the roster just before the dawn of the drought. I consider his prime to have come after the MCM.. where in 6 seasons he caught almost 500 balls for over 6000 yards. 

edit: ok above is a fail.  Therefore Fjax or Lynch I suppose. Also Robert Woods! 

further down the list I think Stevie might click with Allen. 

I can’t think of a defensive player I’d rather than the current crew. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
Because I read what I wanted to instead of what was written
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Eric Moulds and it’s not close for me 

provided it is acceptable that he was in fact on the roster just before the dawn of the drought. I consider his prime to have come well after the MCM..

Technically he would not be eligible because he was on a Bills roster that went to the Postseason. I thought of him at first too, but alas. 

• Like (+1) 2