WTH? CBS with worst mock yet.. Off the EDGE

Just because you don’t see this as a popular pick in the media this far doesn’t make it a bad pick. 

The injuries hurt, but this guy has elite length and a freaky twitch too him.  He’s uber athletic and could very well and realistically go before Epenesa and Gross-Matos. 

The media isn’t always right come draft time, in fact rarely so, you can’t discredit a member of the media for going against the mainstream ideas.  Watch the player yourself and form an opinion. 

Personally, I have Lewis above both Epenesa and Gross-Matos. He’s going to really impress at the combine and test off of the charts. 

It seems like a bad pick now because you haven’t seen him in a lot of 1 round mock drafts, but reality is that 1 round mock drafts paint a tough picture and can make some players start to seem higher in value than they are.  those that watch and study the film on the prospects know that once  you get out of the top 15-20, the next 20-40 guys are all very closely talented and essentially interchangeable, it’s all your preferred flavor at that point. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, elijah said:

Just because you don’t see this as a popular pick in the media this far doesn’t make it a bad pick. 

The injuries hurt, but this guy has elite length and a freaky twitch too him.  He’s uber athletic and could very well and realistically go before Epenesa and Gross-Matos. 

The media isn’t always right come draft time, in fact rarely so, you can’t discredit a member of the media for going against the mainstream ideas.  Watch the player yourself and form an opinion. 

Personally, I have Lewis above both Epenesa and Gross-Matos. He’s going to really impress at the combine and test off of the charts. 

It seems like a bad pick now because you haven’t seen him in a lot of 1 round mock drafts, but reality is that 1 round mock drafts paint a tough picture and can make some players start to seem higher in value than they are.  those that watch and study the film on the prospects know that once  you get out of the top 15-20, the next 20-40 guys are all very closely talented and essentially interchangeable, it’s all your preferred flavor at that point. 

Thanks, Good explanation, but he still seems like one of those guys that is injury prone and a little on the small side. I guess the combine will shake a lot of things up. Then FA. But for the first time in a long time, I actually feel like the Bills will pick the right players and not end up with another Aaron Maybin if we go edge. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, elijah said:

That’s a fair take.  My issues with Lewis going in the first are the injury history and the lack of production this season when he was finally healthy all year.  Who knows though, maybe he wasn’t all the way back from the ACL. He’s an intriguing prospect though. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s a fair take.  My issues with Lewis going in the first are the injury history and the lack of production this season when he was finally healthy all year.  Who knows though, maybe he wasn’t all the way back from the ACL. He’s an intriguing prospect though. 

Does anyone have good intel on his coverage skills?  If he's the type to takeover Lorax position and can cover athletic TE's then it is intriguing, but if he is supposed to be a DE who can get to the QB and set the Edge instead of Murphy or Shaq, then it's more of a concern. These 250 lb guys just don't hold up well, especially given a history of season ending injuries. Guys who are 275-290 that are quick to the QB and can exploit an OT are more of what we need.

This guy is obviously not a Bills fan and is hoping that the better talent falls to teams he likes better.  He therefore chooses the player who is ranked 5th at his position, versus the ones ranked 2nd and 4th.  It's early though, and player rankings are sometimes only as good as the paper they're printed on.  Each of these players have their strengths.  The combine should reveal a lot.  I do like the idea of going Edge in the first and waiting for receivers.  

This one is worse - Bills take a G.  I can imagine the meltdown here if this really happened. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102631/article/threeround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-20-trades-shake-up-round-1

PICK 22 Cesar Ruiz - OL

School: Michigan | Year: Junior
The Bills' guard play was less than stellar in 2019. Ruiz started at guard early in his career at Michigan, but moved to center with Ben Bredeson and Michael Onwenu manning either side of him.

The Buffalo HC is a defensive minded guy and he tends to think that way. Last season the Bills lost DT Kyle Williams and replaced him with DT Ed Oliver. 

This season they lose LBer #57 and locker room leader Lorax. I can see them drafting a LBer in the first round.  Lorax will be missed as both a LBer  who saw 495 snaps, 47.78% and as a special teamer who saw 56.76 snaps. 

However, CPS sports lists the guy as the 38th best prospect and the 5th best edge player in the draft. If this is the case they might be better off selecting a WR with that #1 and trading up into the second to get this edge rusher.

Kinda way to early to be thinking who the Bills are looking at right now though. 

5 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

This one from NFL.com is clearly the worst Mock I saw so far. Has the Bills taking a guard, because according to the writer, Spain and Feliciano were “less than stellar”.

Yeah that one is pretty bad. He's like the 70th prospect ranked and 6th graded OL in the draft but we're taking him in the 1st? Yet Higgins, Gross-Matos and swift are still on the board. What a joke!!

Edited by billsbackto81

9 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

This one from NFL.com is clearly the worst Mock I saw so far. Has the Bills taking a guard, because according to the writer, Spain and Feliciano were “less than stellar”.

OWWWWW!  That breaks the WTF barrier at warp speed. I hope no one paid this assclown for his articles. I'm surprised NFL.com would even publicly post such nonsense.

Reminds me of that horrible 2012 nightmare trade up in the 3rd. I was jumping up and saying "We're getting Russel Wilson, we are picking Russel Wilson."  Pick 69 - I heard them call out T.J. Graham.  And just like that, " we suck again"

giphy.gif

Edited by BillsRdue