WTH? CBS with worst mock yet.. Off the EDGE

38 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yeah, they're pointless before the combine.     But still draw clicks from people with too much time on their hands (95% of us)...

They are actually just pointless clickbait period.

i mean ranking prospects?

Sure, predicting what teams boards look like? May as well attempt to project the next 6 months’ of “soup of the day”s at the local diner.

59 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Harder for me to get into them as much with so many variables as to who will still be on the board when we pick.

I think that’s what it is. There are some players I like, but no one knows who will still be there when we pick or what our “needs” will be after FA. Hopefully its a BPA situation but just don’t know who will be there. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, DFT said:

How dare you sully the good names of Erik Flowers, Mike Williams, Aaron Maybin and John McCargo!  Not everyone can be an elite “Chris Watson” caliber talent.  These gentleman are just about ready to hit their strides!  They just needed a decade or two...

Don't forget drafting Terrel Troupe one pick before NE took Gronk. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

For some reason I just can’t get into the mock drafts this year. Maybe it’s just too early.

Yup.  I really don’t think they’re worth much at this point except for getting an idea of what part of the draft players are likely to go and team needs.  Things will clear up a lot after FA gets going.  Then they’ll be worth debating.  

With that all said, Terrell Lewis at 22 is ridiculous.  That’s like two rounds early.  I’d expect some major explanation to go with that pick.  It really wasn’t given.  DE at 22, sure.  Lewis at 22, uhhh, no.  

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DFT said:

It’s a scientific fact that a steady diet consisting of Mock drafts and Ovaltine can help prevent erectile disfunction for those that reside in the pacific north west.   Argue with science...   I dare you, Jay.   

Bro, our Ovaltine is organic and made with real sheep’s wool and dirt up here. I’d rather spend 7 minutes alone with a guy doing nothing but Fortnite dances.

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Bro, our Ovaltine is organic and made with real sheep’s wool and dirt up here. I’d rather spend 7 minutes alone with a guy doing nothing but Fortnite dances.

Sheep wool powder and that rich, possibly coffee or wine producing soil are both gluten free.  It’s like your health doesn’t even matter to you these days.   And Fortnite dance offs are how my obliques look how they do.  Chiseled from gold, mixed with the laughter of children.  

Its beach season Jay...   and when you’re confident in your obliques, glutes and traps...   you don’t care about the ills of society and what delicious “orphan Annie” inspired drinks are made of.  so confident that you use apostrophes and Capital Letters as you damn well feel like it!  

sorry for yelling.   ?

36 minutes ago, DFT said:

Sheep wool powder and that rich, possibly coffee or wine producing soil are both gluten free.  It’s like your health doesn’t even matter to you these days.   And Fortnite dance offs are how my obliques look how they do.  Chiseled from gold, mixed with the laughter of children.  

Its beach season Jay...   and when you’re confident in your obliques, glutes and traps...   you don’t care about the ills of society and what delicious “orphan Annie” inspired drinks are made of.  so confident that you use apostrophes and Capital Letters as you damn well feel like it!  

sorry for yelling.   ?

Just so Shenault, your post made me Brandon Aiyuk something Gross-Matos.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Would you be considered insane if you sat down and created a 7 round mock for all 32 teams?

Someone started a thread on that and you can go to a simulator and do a 7 round mock. It was pretty cool. I don't know how he dropped but I ended up drafting Jeudy in the 1st. Wish we had that luck.

12 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Someone started a thread on that and you can go to a simulator and do a 7 round mock. It was pretty cool. I don't know how he dropped but I ended up drafting Jeudy in the 1st. Wish we had that luck.

I don't live too far from Tuscaloosa....I could plant a bag of drugs in his car.  Nothing that will get him arrested but something that would make him drop to #22.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think some times some who create mock drafts get the notion of wanting a certain player to go to a certain team (ie. Gross-Mattos to the Seahawks and Shenault to Green Bay) and just plug in players on some other teams so the matchups they want for the later teams can happen.  "Oh, maybe I can make a case for Terrell Lewis to Buffalo."

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the thought is "It's the Bills, let's have them do something unpredictable and kind of dumb"

The stench lingers after the floor was swept 3 years back.

I kind of feel drafting "sleepers" (aka "thinking we're smarter than everyone else in the room") systematically stymied the Bills for years.  I'm for staying away from players who "flash" and have "unknown upside" and a bad injury history.

I do feel Beane & Co have been generally drafting very well and less "sleeper"-ish, but of course, the Jury is ultimately still out on QB.

Yup, the damage done by a disinterested owner, and bad team management will take at least two more years of continued success for the current owner and team management to rid itself of the “stench” as you put it, that seventeen years of stupid inflicted on this team. 

I do think that BB Is painfully aware that this draft, and FA absolutely must hit the nail on the head for this team to move forward and reach the goals that they have in mind, I don’t believe sleeper types are  on their agenda,. Yes the jury is still out..., kind of the elephant in the room so to speak. ?

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the thought is "It's the Bills, let's have them do something unpredictable and kind of dumb"

The stench lingers after the floor was swept 3 years back.

Well we did select Tre White over Mahomes when we were in need of a QB so it's justifiable. 

FTR, I really like Josh, but I'm sure if we could all go back? Well, you know.....