QB Carrousel for the Fins, Is Tag a Fitz in Miami ? Is there a Bad Moon Risen in Rosen's Future ?

T master

Okay it's the off season, I'm bored, there's not a ton of new stuff to talk about but what could happen in the draft & where some mocks have players going especially at the top of the draft, there is a ton of speculation where a lot of the QB's not only in FA but in the draft will go this year & the Fins QB situation has been troublesome to say the least since before last season .

The guy they let go took his team to the play offs, the guy they brought in to be a possible future fit at QB for them sat the bench mostly & Fitz the consummate all teams (8 to be exact) veteran comes in to save face for the Fins .

What Fitz did for the Fins last season was basically keep them from having the #1 over all pick in this years draft I'm not sure if that was a good thing or not but it sure was fun watching him get out there & give it his all once more for the game he loves to play ! Got to give it to him the guy is a gamer & you know he'll give his all for the team he plays for when ever he's on the field ! 

Now seeing as the Fins have the 5th over all pick in the draft this year there should be a couple of QB's that they just can't afford to pass on & with Fitz coming back it could give them the choice to sit a new rookie QB for the season, if their pick is Tag he could benefit by sitting not only as far as learning the scheme but health wise too knowing that he is coming off that what was once seen as a career ending type injury .

Bo Knows hip injuries !! ?

Tagovailoa is projected to them in some early mocks at 5 but Herbert could be there too, if so either could be considered a better future for the team than Rosen & then what happens ? Did Rosen show enough of anything to anyone in Miami to consider keeping him around, if not what if anything would he be worth to another team .

Could the Bills pick him up if they decide not to keep Barkley ? --------------- NAH !! 

We all know the Rosen saga since he's been in the league is he worth a 4th round pick, could he be used in a trade to upgrade another position for the Fins & be gone to his 3rd team or could they just keep him as a practice squad arm to give them a third guy in camp for some competition ?

So many unanswered questions when it comes to this guy, another is has he had a fair shake, we all know to well what changing schemes and coaches can do to a young QB in the league the Bills have been in QB hell for years until they chose Josh ?

There are also a lot of QB's that will be hitting the FA market this year that have a ton more experience so will this be Rosen's last stand ? Flame away Bills fans .

13 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

What?

I speak some runon, let me help

He said he thinks the Fins are gonna keep Fitz and draft Tua or Herbert, so he's asking what will happen to Rosen?

Could he be a backup in B'lo (nah)?  They could trade him for a pick, if a team feels he hasn't had a fair shake.  But, there are a lot of FA QB's this year, so perhaps Rosen won't have much value.  Is he even worth a 4th?

Or they could keep him as a practice-squad arm.

• Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think the Dolphins were trying to tank without being too obvious.  Benching Rosen for Fitzpatrick seemed like a safe short-term plan, but then Fitz started playing well.  At that point, having traded away most of their good players & turned Kalen Ballage into their 3-down back (?!?), the coaches may have feared a locker room revolt had they gone back to Rosen.  Players generally don't buy into tanking, and if they did, you wouldn't want them on your team.  Still, the fact that the 'phins pulled the plug on Rosen so quickly doesn't bode well for his future, at least in Miami's opinion. They'd either seen enough to know there wasn't a future there & didn't want his trade value further diminished by allowing the NFL to see more of him, or the Dolphins don't know what they're doing.  

Rosen has every excuse in the book not to have found success to this point, as it's hard to think of another 1st round QB whose first 2 years were played under such adverse circumstances.  I won't be shocked if someone takes that into heavy consideration & is willing to take another shot on him.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo86 said:

Rosen has every excuse in the book not to have found success to this point, as it's hard to think of another 1st round QB whose first 2 years were played under such adverse circumstances.  I won't be shocked if someone takes that into heavy consideration & is willing to take another shot on him.

The thing about the “ Wrong Josh” is he seems like a weeney....yet I still feel bad for the kid.

He doesn’t seems like Clausen, it seems like he’s got to At Least be back up material. I agree that he will get at least one more shot but if he ends up in another crappy situation I guess it must be karma.

1 hour ago, Buffalo86 said:

I think the Dolphins were trying to tank without being too obvious.  Benching Rosen for Fitzpatrick seemed like a safe short-term plan, but then Fitz started playing well.  At that point, having traded away most of their good players & turned Kalen Ballage into their 3-down back (?!?), the coaches may have feared a locker room revolt had they gone back to Rosen.  Players generally don't buy into tanking, and if they did, you wouldn't want them on your team.  Still, the fact that the 'phins pulled the plug on Rosen so quickly doesn't bode well for his future, at least in Miami's opinion. They'd either seen enough to know there wasn't a future there & didn't want his trade value further diminished by allowing the NFL to see more of him, or the Dolphins don't know what they're doing.  

Good post.  Rosen's best outcome is that some team misses out on the QB game of musical chairs and he becomes the consolation prize for a desperate team.  He might also get a chance if a team loses a QB in preseason.  As unlikely as any of this may be, such is the life of Josh Rosen.  Personally, I wasn't high on him coming out of college and I'm not shocked by any of this.

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The thing about the “ Wrong Josh” is he seems like a weeney....yet I still feel bad for the kid.

He doesn’t seems like Clausen, it seems like he’s got to At Least be back up material. I agree that he will get at least one more shot but if he ends up in another crappy situation I guess it must be karma.

Crappy situations are what you make of them. Fitz (a 38 yr old career backup) seemed to do ok with that Dolphins team. Why do you assume the Fins were a “crappy situation”? Have you been reading too many “Right Josh” excuse threads?

55 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Crappy situations are what you make of them. Fitz (a 38 yr old career backup) seemed to do ok with that Dolphins team. Why do you assume the Fins were a “crappy situation”? Have you been reading too many “Right Josh” excuse threads?

Fitz is what, a 14 year vet?  I don’t think he looked so good on a bad team as a rookie 14 years ago.  He’s learned a few things.

It probably is a valid point that Rosen doesn’t seem to have that capability to inspire and elevate the players around him, which Fitz has had since his first start.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Rosen has every excuse in the book not to have found success to this point, as it's hard to think of another 1st round QB whose first 2 years were played under such adverse circumstances.  

Putting aside I don't give a rat's crap about Miami's QB situation so long as it stays bad:

Joey Harrington comes to mind.  Not Jimmy Clausen because a lot (meaning a lot) of people thought he was a marginal talent to begin with and the Carolina situation wasn't as bad as AZ and Miami.  (Cue the Notre Dame defenders; ND hasn't produced a decent NFL QB since ... Steve Beuerlein?)

Edited by Ennjay

6 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

giphy.gif

GB, now that’s funny.  I’m laughing not at the obvious reference, but we adopted my third from China 15 years ago.  This is exactly what it’s like over there.  We were stuck in this city, Naning, and was described to us this is common over there so you brought back a couple of memories.

T Master, not trying to pile on, but I can’t even understand what you were trying to say.   I guess some kind of speculation on the Fish.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The best thing that can happen to Rosen is for the Packers to give up a 7th round pick or something for him.  Rodgers and him seemed close before the draft so Rodgers may not actually be a dick and help him develop until he retires.  It's a low risk potential high reward move for the Packers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, T master said:

Okay it's the off season, I'm bored, there's not a ton of new stuff to talk about but what could happen in the draft & where some mocks have players going especially at the top of the draft, there is a ton of speculation where a lot of the QB's not only in FA but in the draft will go this year & the Fins QB situation has been troublesome to say the least since before last season .

The guy they let go took his team to the play offs, the guy they brought in to be a possible future fit at QB for them sat the bench mostly & Fitz the consummate all teams (8 to be exact) veteran comes in to save face for the Fins .

What Fitz did for the Fins last season was basically keep them from having the #1 over all pick in this years draft I'm not sure if that was a good thing or not but it sure was fun watching him get out there & give it his all once more for the game he loves to play ! Got to give it to him the guy is a gamer & you know he'll give his all for the team he plays for when ever he's on the field ! 

Now seeing as the Fins have the 5th over all pick in the draft this year there should be a couple of QB's that they just can't afford to pass on & with Fitz coming back it could give them the choice to sit a new rookie QB for the season, if their pick is Tag he could benefit by sitting not only as far as learning the scheme but health wise too knowing that he is coming off that what was once seen as a career ending type injury .

Bo Knows hip injuries !! ?

Tagovailoa is projected to them in some early mocks at 5 but Herbert could be there too, if so either could be considered a better future for the team than Rosen & then what happens ? Did Rosen show enough of anything to anyone in Miami to consider keeping him around, if not what if anything would he be worth to another team .

Could the Bills pick him up if they decide not to keep Barkley ? --------------- NAH !! 

We all know the Rosen saga since he's been in the league is he worth a 4th round pick, could he be used in a trade to upgrade another position for the Fins & be gone to his 3rd team or could they just keep him as a practice squad arm to give them a third guy in camp for some competition ?

So many unanswered questions when it comes to this guy, another is has he had a fair shake, we all know to well what changing schemes and coaches can do to a young QB in the league the Bills have been in QB hell for years until they chose Josh ?

There are also a lot of QB's that will be hitting the FA market this year that have a ton more experience so will this be Rosen's last stand ? Flame away Bills fans .

I agree 100% it is the offseason 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1