2nd/3rd Tier Draft Wide Reciever Rankings

Dkollidas

1 hour ago, DFT said:

I rank Reagor beyond some of the talent you have listed in the top tier (and beyond any in the second tier).  His potential is just off the charts.  That’s just me though.  If the Bills pass on trading up for a WR like JJ, and don’t take Viska, it comes down to Ruggs or Reagor for me.

its probably a good thing that I’m not running the team though...  ?

Me too!!!   

I like Reagor too.  Not to mention he is a great returner

• Like (+1) 1

I hope we get one from each list. Ideally one big, large catch radius guy and one speedster. This is what i want:

1. Henry Ruggs - Alabama

2. Michael Pittman Jr. - USC

or

1. Tee Higgins - Clemson

2. Aiyuk / Reagor - ASU / TCU

Edited by wppete

12 hours ago, BillsCuse said:

I've seen a lot of people down on Higgins in multiple different threads here.  What are people's issues with him?  (Idk enough about him, just wondering)

His performances against Ohio St and LSU left something to be desired. Those games left a lot of people questioning if he's soft. 

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Agree to disagree I guess...I’m not saying that Shenault and Higgins won’t go 4 and 5 but there is a consensus top 3 it seems. As an example Daniel Jeremiah has Jefferson and Ayiuk at 4 and 5. Word around the senior bowl is pretty much every team had a first round grade on him. I think there’s a VERY good chance that Ayiuk is the 4th receiver taken.

I said that I won’t derail it though so here are my WR rankings (subject to change):

- Jeudy

- Ruggs

- Lamb

- Raegor

- Ayiuk

- Shenault

- Justin Jefferson

- Higgins

- Pittman

- Edwards

- Van Jefferson (almost forgot him)

- Gandy-Golden

- Mims

- Peoples-Jones 

I’m similar. Right now the top-3 are Lamb/JJ/Ruggs. Then a gap followed by:

Jefferson

Aiyuk

Hamler

Reagor

another gap:

Higgins

Laviska 

another gap:

Ty Johnson

Pittman

Van Jefferson

Quartney Davis

Isaiah Hodgins

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I’m similar. Right now the top-3 are Lamb/JJ/Ruggs. Then a gap followed by:

Jefferson

Aiyuk

Hamler

Reagor

another gap:

Higgins

Laviska 

another gap:

Ty Johnson

Pittman

Van Jefferson

Quartney Davis

Isaiah Hodgins

I forgot about Hamler!! He’s in that Higgins-Pittman-Edwards group for me

We need a #1. Either in the draft or FA. Not sure how much adding another contributor does to this offense. I already see Brown and Beasley as contributors. Another contributor could help but I dont feel it is enough. 

Look at the past 10 years drafts - each draft class really only has maybe 2-3 at most stud WR's and handful of contributor types. With that, if you cant land who you feel is a top 3 WR in this class then you wait to the 3rd or 4th at least and grab one or two of the contributor types (Pittman, GG, or if one of the higher guys (Jefferson, Aiyuk, etc) fall. In the first and second go Edge and OL...

15 hours ago, Baba Booey said:

What about the kid from Norte Dame, Chase Claypool? Anyone know anything? I thought he played well. 

Hes at the top of that second tier for me. Kid is going to be a beast. Surprised hes not on any of those lists. Guess people don't watch much ND football these days. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

All I know is its a good year to need a wide receiver

It's insane. Theres 15-20 guys I'd take a look at.  Some lesser known talents...

Isiah Hodgins 

Omar Bayless

Omar's highlight reel is ridiculous. 

Apparently his route running is garbage tho. 

I personally love Van Jefferson. He did enough at the Senior Bowl for me to push him into 2-3. 

Sorry for the ADHD....I'm just excited :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I was wondering how everyone ranks the wide receivers outside of the “consensus” top-5 they are projected to go in the 2nd’ish round.

Top-5 are:

Jeudy

Lamb

Ruggs III

Shenault

Higgins

I feel like the next group consists of the following:

Reagor

Jefferson

Aiyuk

Hamlin

Mims

Peoples-Jones

Edwards

Pittman Jr 

How would You rank those 8 receivers that come after the initial 5? 

I want to see some combine results before I do that ranking.  I want to see measurables for all of them and some drill results for most of them.

38 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

It's insane. Theres 15-20 guys I'd take a look at.  Some lesser known talents...

Isiah Hodgins 

Omar Bayless

Omar's highlight reel is ridiculous. 

Apparently his route running is garbage tho. 

I personally love Van Jefferson. He did enough at the Senior Bowl for me to push him into 2-3. 

Sorry for the ADHD....I'm just excited :)

As I said in the CF WR thread: Omar is the player that all of Bills Mafia wishes Duke Williams would be.

Hodgins is, to me, another Geronimo Allison type. Not a bad thing at all.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

As I said in the CF WR thread: Omar is the player that all of Bills Mafia wishes Duke Williams would be.

Hodgins is, to me, another Geronimo Allison type. Not a bad thing at all.

I want 2 WR's out of this draft.....I dont even care if we bring in so many that we cant keep them all......

If we are going to run 5 wide......get some ***** players that can make a play on a ball

My fear is this being one of the strongest wr drafts in over a decade, teams might start an earlier run on these guys. You'll be forced to jump on a tier 2,3 or 4 guy earlier then you'd like. Jeremiah says Ruggs might run a 4.25? Obviously I want us to draft 2 receivers in the first 4 picks. The question is who?

19 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

My 2nd Tier WRs 

Justin Jefferson (2)
Brandon Aiyuk (2)

Jalen Reagor (2)

Bryan Edwards (2-3)

Gabriel Davis (2-3)

Van Jefferson (2-3)

Michael Pittman (2-3)

Denzel Mims (2-3)

Quartney Davis (3)

Im a big fan on Gabriel Davis and Quartney Davis... I think they will be solid pros that most are overlooking 

Peoples-Jones I feel is a round 5 guy, and Tyler Johnson should go round 3 at latest but rumor is character issues.

KJ Hill is in the discussion too, I’m not as high on Aiyuk, see him more as a round 3 guy. 

I am keeping an eye on Lawrence Cager out of UGA at the combine and his pro day. Cager is 6’5 and 220 pounds and has a huge catch radius. Cager will be a day three or UDFA target as it stands now due to injuries his senior season. If Cager puts up A sub 4.6 forty he might start popping up on teams radar.

19 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t mean to derail this but I’m not sure that’s the consensus top 5. The consensus top 3 seems pretty clear but there are absolutely teams that will have Reagor, Aiyuk and maybe others ahead of Shenault and Higgins. 

I certainly do. In order... Reagor, Shenault, Aiyuk, Higgins. I only have Shenault ahead of Aiyuk due to potential, but it’s extremely close. I think Higgins is slightly limited. I also have Lynn Bowden ahead of half of the OPs 2nd tier list. He was forgotten about after switching to QB (30/348 in 4.5 games), but the previous season he put up 67/745 in the SEC. Granted he ran for 1,200 yards in 7 games after the switch.... Bowden, Aiyuk, and Reagor are, to me, the guys most likely to be electric. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I certainly do. In order... Reagor, Shenault, Aiyuk, Higgins. I only have Shenault ahead of Aiyuk due to potential, but it’s extremely close. I think Higgins is slightly limited. I also have Lynn Bowden ahead of half of the OPs 2nd tier list. He was forgotten about after switching to QB (30/348 in 4.5 games), but the previous season he put up 67/745 in the SEC. Granted he ran for 1,200 yards in 7 games after the switch.... Bowden, Aiyuk, and Reagor are, to me, the guys most likely to be electric. 

Bowden is a guy that could be a better Taysom Hill than Taysom Hill IMO.

• Like (+1) 1