Trade our first round pick

dbfla10

Just now, John from Riverside said:

You do realize that getting a pro bowler at the 27th pick is NOT the norm....right?

That's why I said if there's a good option.  I think I would put my faith in developing someone into the system rather than trading for someone that might not fit in.  They have shown the ability to draft well and develop.

1 minute ago, Billzgobowlin said:

That's why I said if there's a good option.  I think I would put my faith in developing someone into the system rather than trading for someone that might not fit in.  They have shown the ability to draft well and develop.

I guess the problem with this is we are in a position now where we are no longer rebiulding......we are a playoff contender.   Do we really have the time to "develop" right now?

We need difference makers......like NOW

That is why I want to get a good vet and draft a guy

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would consider it for Diggs or Golladay, but also don't really think we would need to offer more than a 2nd for them.

I would do it for sure if some top end player at DE or WR was obtainable.  But, looking round the league, there isn't really anyone I can think of that is likely to be available that would be worthy of our first round pick. 

Wonder if the Bears would ever consider trading Khalil Mack.  Their cap situation sucks, and their QB situation is worse.  They aren't going anywhere the way that team is currently built.  I seriously doubt they would trade Mack, but he is a guy I would at least make a call about if I was Beane.  Then again, I thought there was no way Raiders would trade him either lol, so who knows.  

Get Mack back to Buffalo!    Mack is exactly what we need.  Offer them pick 22.  Sweeten the pot if that is not enough

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'll see your Aaron Maybin and raise you Mike Williams!

Now that is stiff competition right there, ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wow, good find.  Thanks for that.  I cant see the Skins going that direction instead of taking Chase Young given the contract size differences and Young is probably the best prospect in the whole draft.  

But, good indication that Chicago is desperate to fix the QB situation.  I doubt our #22 pick is going to move the needle enough for them in their quest for a QB at top of draft, but if I am Beane I am making the call to inquire.  We can absorb his salary no problem.  

22 and Trent for Mack if need be.  20% of the Bears salary cap is tied up in edge with Leonard Floyd and Mack.  So therefore, I think Mack might not even cost that much.   He only had 4 sacks and 1 forced fumble after week 4 last year.  Chicago would shed much cap, so we are helping them out too.  I love the idea of adding David Johnson, taking on his cap, and adding draft pick, and adding Mack.  One great play maker on offense, one great play maker on defense

• Like (+1) 1

It's not a given with Beane but i don't see him giving up his #1 pick especially when there area as many good WR & pass rush players coming out 1 of them will be here when it comes time to pull the trigger & if their guy isn't there & he see's it as a reach then he may but not thinkin so .

3 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

Often times players this late in the draft have a 2nd round grade. Is this the year to trade it for a young proven player. Who in your opinion would be that young player that is worth it?  Could get a good player from a cap strapped team.

I think what you're talking about is similar to something Beane has said, that they may only have 15-20 players in a year on whom they have a first round grade.

The thing is, different talent evaluators on different teams inevitably have both overlap and differences, so the chances are pretty good that when the Bills pick, there will still be undrafted players they have on their board as first round grades even if they only have 12-15 first round grades.

I personally think Beane would rather trade away his left nut*  than a first round draft pick.  He feels his staff does a good job at talent e v a l and a first round pick is a chance to get a difference maker for 4 years of reasonable cap hit. 

He won't give that away for a "good player".  It would have to be someone he perceives as a generational difference maker - a Bosa/Watt in his prime/Khalil Mack type guy.

*and just to clarify, no personal knowledge but I'm pretty sure he does value that part of himself quite highly

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ocemur said:

Tre'Davious White was ranked by some of the big media guys as the fourth or fifth corner coming out and selected with the 27th pick of the first round. Now what's the problem with selecting where we are again?

Beane's drafting has been pretty good even deep in the draft.  I agree, the #22 pick is not a throwaway.  

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wow, good find.  Thanks for that.  I cant see the Skins going that direction instead of taking Chase Young given the contract size differences and Young is probably the best prospect in the whole draft.  

But, good indication that Chicago is desperate to fix the QB situation.  I doubt our #22 pick is going to move the needle enough for them in their quest for a QB at top of draft, but if I am Beane I am making the call to inquire.  We can absorb his salary no problem.  

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

Get Mack back to Buffalo!    Mack is exactly what we need.  Offer them pick 22.  Sweeten the pot if that is not enough

This will never happen.

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

there is a report out there that they have offered Mack for the 'Skins #2 overall.

https://twitter.com/DanSileoShow/status/1226634414534221825

Yeah, OK.....this is from February 9th and there's nothing more about it in this guy's feed.  I'm thinking his "source" sobered up and said "Actually, Nah".

13 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

While you can get an all pro or a bust with any pick in any round, I would definitely trade a bottom third 1st rounder for a known quantity at an age that gives me a possibility of at least five seasons of prime production. 

I get it that's how a lot of folks feel and I understand the % of 1st round picks who do not work out.  I'm just saying how I personally believe Beane thinks about it: a good "known quantity" isn't enough, he would want a multi-probowl difference-making player.

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Keep the pick and hope that Beane gets it right this time.

2 thoughts here:

1) what 1st round pick hasn’t Beane gotten right in your opinion?

2) if Beane has a track record of not getting it right, doesn’t it make more sense to trade said pick for a known commodity?

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, OK.....this is from February 9th and there's nothing more about it in this guy's feed.  I'm thinking his "source" sobered up and said "Actually, Nah".

I get it that's how a lot of folks feel and I understand the % of 1st round picks who do not work out.  I'm just saying how I personally believe Beane thinks about it: a good "known quantity" isn't enough, he would want a multi-probowl difference-making player.

Agreed. It’s what I meant by “known quantity” bot I should’ve said elite difference maker.