Trade our first round pick

dbfla10

Often times players this late in the draft have a 2nd round grade. Is this the year to trade it for a young proven player. Who in your opinion would be that young player that is worth it?  Could get a good player from a cap strapped team.

6 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

Often times players this late in the draft have a 2nd round grade. Is this the year to trade it for a young proven player. Who in your opinion would be that young player that is worth it?  Could get a good player from a cap strapped team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

I would consider it for Diggs or Golladay, but also don't really think we would need to offer more than a 2nd for them.

I would do it for sure if some top end player at DE or WR was obtainable.  But, looking round the league, there isn't really anyone I can think of that is likely to be available that would be worthy of our first round pick. 

Wonder if the Bears would ever consider trading Khalil Mack.  Their cap situation sucks, and their QB situation is worse.  They aren't going anywhere the way that team is currently built.  I seriously doubt they would trade Mack, but he is a guy I would at least make a call about if I was Beane.  Then again, I thought there was no way Raiders would trade him either lol, so who knows.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4

I disagree that "often times players this late in the draft have a 2nd round grade".  The bottom third of the first round is an excellent spot to pick up OLers, especially guards and centers.  With RBs being seriously discounted in this era, great RBs can be had there, and there are a couple in this draft class.  Certainly great CBs and Ss can be found in this area, too.   Teams get into problems when they decide that they NEED to draft a QB or WR or DE in the first round, and settle for a lesser prospect at a specific position rather than taking a much better prospect at another position -- and that can happen at any spot in the draft.  The classic Bills blunder in this manner occurred in 2009 when the Bills, with the #11 pick, took bust Aaron Maybin because they needed an edge rusher while leaving much better prospects like Brian Orapko and Clay Matthews on the board.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

... Wonder if the Bears would ever consider trading Khalil Mack.  Their cap situation sucks, and their QB situation is worse.  They aren't going anywhere the way that team is currently built.  I seriously doubt they would trade Mack, but he is a guy I would at least make a call about if I was Beane.  Then again, I thought there was no way Raiders would trade him either lol, so who knows.  

there is a report out there that they have offered Mack for the 'Skins #2 overall.

https://twitter.com/DanSileoShow/status/1226634414534221825

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

there is a report out there that they have offered Mack for the 'Skins #2 overall.

Not a chance of this. The Bears would have to want to trade Mack so badly that they actually absorb an additional $4M cap hit over and above Mack’s $26M hit just to trade him—and that’s AFTER trading 2 first round picks for him and giving him $132M.

Just no.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

It would be a smart move for Chicago (as in OAK, Khalil is a great player that doesn't bring a lot of value to the team he is on), but I don't see Washington giving up #2 for anything but a boatload of picks from a team looking to move up.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Not a chance of this. The Bears would have to want to trade Mack so badly that they actually absorb an additional $4M cap hit over and above Mack’s $26M hit just to trade him—and that’s AFTER trading 2 first round picks for him and giving him $132M.

Just no.

The Bears are a trainwreck of an organization. It'd be hard for any team to have success selling the farm for Mack like that, you'd really have to hit on nearly every remaining draft pick you didn't trade away. But then they also tied their hopes to Mitch, not to mention traded more draft assets to needlessly move up 1 spot for that right. This is not how contenders are built.

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Wow, good find.  Thanks for that.  I cant see the Skins going that direction instead of taking Chase Young given the contract size differences and Young is probably the best prospect in the whole draft.  

But, good indication that Chicago is desperate to fix the QB situation.  I doubt our #22 pick is going to move the needle enough for them in their quest for a QB at top of draft, but if I am Beane I am making the call to inquire.  We can absorb his salary no problem.  

• Like (+1) 3

If I could get Khalil Mack for that pick or even that pick and an additional 3rd I would do it in a minute. We could have him for two years and 30 million which would be a steak for guy of his caliber but the Bears would have to admit that they royally screwed the pooch to do that and GMs rarely last who admit that.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I disagree that "often times players this late in the draft have a 2nd round grade".  The bottom third of the first round is an excellent spot to pick up OLers, especially guards and centers.  With RBs being seriously discounted in this era, great RBs can be had there, and there are a couple in this draft class.  Certainly great CBs and Ss can be found in this area, too.   Teams get into problems when they decide that they NEED to draft a QB or WR or DE in the first round, and settle for a lesser prospect at a specific position rather than taking a much better prospect at another position -- and that can happen at any spot in the draft.  The classic Bills blunder in this manner occurred in 2009 when the Bills, with the #11 pick, took bust Aaron Maybin because they needed an edge rusher while leaving much better prospects like Brian Orapko and Clay Matthews on the board.  

I'll see your Aaron Maybin and raise you Mike Williams!

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If I could get Khalil Mack for that pick or even that pick and an additional 3rd I would do it in a minute. We could have him for two years and 30 million which would be a steak for guy of his caliber but the Bears would have to admit that they royally screwed the pooch to do that and GMs rarely last who admit that.

What kind of steak?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would consider it for Diggs or Golladay, but also don't really think we would need to offer more than a 2nd for them.

I would do it for sure if some top end player at DE or WR was obtainable.  But, looking round the league, there isn't really anyone I can think of that is likely to be available that would be worthy of our first round pick. 

Wonder if the Bears would ever consider trading Khalil Mack.  Their cap situation sucks, and their QB situation is worse.  They aren't going anywhere the way that team is currently built.  I seriously doubt they would trade Mack, but he is a guy I would at least make a call about if I was Beane.  Then again, I thought there was no way Raiders would trade him either lol, so who knows.  

I'd do first for Golladay or Mack, 2nd or a combo of 2nd and something else for Diggs.  

• Like (+1) 1