Diggs on the block? Rumor is a 2nd rd pick (year old thread)

BillsMafi$

Diggs is good, but I wouldn't give a 1st for him with that contract AND he might be unhappy with it.

For this year, I'd like to keep our 1st and 2nd round pick.  I'd see if they would take a 2020 3rd and 2021 3rd round pick for Diggs.

That way we can draft for needs in the 1st and 2nd.  Still would like to get another WR in the draft.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, hjnick said:

Diggs is good, but I wouldn't give a 1st for him with that contract AND he might be unhappy with it.

For this year, I'd like to keep our 1st and 2nd round pick.  I'd see if they would take a 2020 3rd and 2021 3rd round pick for Diggs.

That way we can draft for needs in the 1st and 2nd.  Still would like to get another WR in the draft.

Bills Super bowl window is open for business in 2020 with JA, Tre, Dawkins and others still on rookie deals..

I think it’s now time to be bringing in established difference makers like Diggs where they have a need at the position..

Beane seems to have a reasonable eye for talent in the draft but you are rolling the dice with picks 22 and 54 and and you will probably need to have some patience with the results ...

I could see him trading that Pick 22 ... not necessarily only  for Diggs but for someone that is going to come in and make an immeadiate difference..

• Like (+1) 2

I wish people would stop with the “adding diva WR’s” from other teams theme.

Adding Diggs could easily turn south in the way OBJ did for Cleveland.

I can see both sides of the argument here.

I’m in the minority here because adding a diva WR to team that is trying to win can go south in a hurry. Just ask Cleveland.

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Does Diggs share that opinion?

.....allegedly not a "happy Vikings camper".............

Adam Patrick -FANSIDED:

"The relationship between Diggs and the Vikings really took a turn after their Week 4 loss to the Chicago Bears last year when the receiver decided to skip a day of practice without letting anyone know. He later claimed his absence was due to having a cold, but then Minnesota fined him $200,000. So they obviously didn’t believe his story."

6 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Wow, well apparently I've only seen the plays he quit on...or maybe my eyes were just glued to Thielen's rump too often:wub:

Happens...the peepers fail sometimes. I remember when I said that Everson Griffen couldn’t win one-on-ones and was grossly overpaid at $7M ?

Speaking of grossly overpaid, how ‘bout the Cards giving DJ Humphries $15M AAV?!?!

53 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

A 2nd and a 6th.  I wouldn’t give up a 1st for him, not when you have this deep of a WR draft.  I’d still draft another.  He’s a proven commodity and Allen with an experienced but still young WR coupled with a TE in free agency would help this offense to be potent this year.

Permit me to challenge that thought process just a smidgen?

Isn't a deep WR class a good reason to deal a 1st? The idea being that you can very likely get a long-term starter in round 2?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Speaking of grossly overpaid, how ‘bout the Cards giving DJ Humphries $15M AAV?!?!

Nonsensical. He is still a decent right tackle masquerading as a left tackle to my mind. I think it probably does tilt me more towards them going WR at #8 though.

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

None of this is accurate. Like not even close. He plays big.

Diggs is worth a first. He’s a top 10 guy imo.

Agree. He is more talented than Theilen and I have said that consistently. Theilen might be a bit more consistent and less tempramental.... but Diggs has top end talent. He can do things that Theilen can't do.

7 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Wow, well apparently I've only seen the plays he quit on...or maybe my eyes were just glued to Thielen's rump too often:wub:

Not only are you wrong on who is the better receiver.... but you are wrong on whose rump to stare at too. My eyes are on Diggs a lot.

• Haha (+1) 1