Diggs on the block? Rumor is a 2nd rd pick (year old thread)

BillsMafi$

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I would love to have Lamb...

I just dont know if that is possible.

Jeudy would probably have to go first and then you just hope he slides to the late teens and trade with someone who doesn't want a WR. 

....or we could start a rumor that Lamb is rude to hamsters and not a "team guy". Watch him fall. Any chance his high school twitter account reveals him to be a dub step fan?

On 2/22/2020 at 8:46 AM, Buffalo03 said:

Diggs is kinda overrated to me. He disappears for a few games at a time and gets hurt too much. I'd rather sign AJ Green for a year without giving up a pick and still draft a WR in one of the first 3 rounds

When’s the last time Green played a full season? Guys old and injury prone. Rather us go after Cooper

I would think that WR's in this FA class have no leverage whatsoever when they know that the 2020 draft is loaded with WR's who could potentially produce right away.

But as I type this, there are STILL going to be teams stupid enough to overpay for WR's in this FA class (or any other class for that matter).

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd be into AJ Green 5 years ago. But now... tough one. IMO, he will be completely ineffective and if he takes the right hit could even be a mid-season retire.

I disagree. I think he's ready for a 1200 yard season and I want it to be our football team

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Reads an awful lot like I want teams to up their offers.

I still think the Vikings have flexibility to free up $$$ outside of Diggs that makes more sense. The fact they have been quite uninhibited handing out those contracts though is finally catching up with them. They have more than a couple of bad ones, but Diggs isn't one of them tbh. Just cutting Linval Joseph and Xavier Rhodes could free up something like $18,000,000 for them I believe. 

On 2/24/2020 at 6:09 AM, nucci said:

and Green doesn't get hurt too much? Diggs has missed 4 games over the last 3 seasons....I don't think he gets hurt too much

It seems like Diggs has been more hurt than that and missed more games but either way Diggs is also a lot more inconsistent than Green is. 

...well there you go.....MUST be true...BUT....I'll wait for LaCanfora to confirm......

Vikings are not trying to move on from WR Stefon Diggs, says GM Rick Spielman

Courtney Cronin  ESPN Staff Writer-2:45 PM

INDIANAPOLIS -- Stefon Diggs is very much a part of the Minnesota Vikings' plans for the 2020 season.

In the wake of recent trade rumors and speculation over the wide receiver's future, Vikings general manager Rick Spielman dispelled the notion that the team is attempting to move on from Diggs.

"He's not only a major part of our offense and a major part of our organization winning games, but he also does a lot of things for this organization off the field," Spielman said Tuesday at the NFL scouting combine.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28780245/vikings-not-trying-move-wr-stefon-diggs-says-gm-rick-spielman

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...well there you go.....MUST be true...BUT....I'll wait for LaCanfora to confirm......

Vikings are not trying to move on from WR Stefon Diggs, says GM Rick Spielman

Courtney Cronin  ESPN Staff Writer-2:45 PM

INDIANAPOLIS -- Stefon Diggs is very much a part of the Minnesota Vikings' plans for the 2020 season.

In the wake of recent trade rumors and speculation over the wide receiver's future, Vikings general manager Rick Spielman dispelled the notion that the team is attempting to move on from Diggs.

"He's not only a major part of our offense and a major part of our organization winning games, but he also does a lot of things for this organization off the field," Spielman said Tuesday at the NFL scouting combine.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28780245/vikings-not-trying-move-wr-stefon-diggs-says-gm-rick-spielman

TBH, the Vikes FO looked like damned fools having given so much to 30 yr old Kirk Cousins and finishing 8-7-1 out of the playoffs

They looked a bit smarter this year at 10-6 and division round, but they were still playing on the road as a WC winner.

This is their last year o' Captain Kirk, then they're gonna have to make a decision

They'd be genuinely smart not to trade one of his primary weapons away and give him every opportunity to show them what he's got.

• Like (+1) 2