Diggs on the block? Rumor is a 2nd rd pick (year old thread)

BillsMafi$

7 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I like Diggs a lot but we have a version of Diggs in Brown. We need a big body. 

we need talented Weapons. Diggs immediately becomes the most talented weapon on the team and would only cost the 54th pick if Rumors of value are true. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I think Thielen is WAY more physical, he simply isn't going to be denied when the football is even in his vicinity.

Diggs just doesn't seem interested in contact while Thielen welcomes it.

I've seen Diggs not try often if a ball doesn't drop right into his hands while Thielen would be the dude who would dive full speed just for a chance at a catch anytime.

Doesn't make many contested catches... Thielen is just selfless while Diggs seems to be going Diva Selfish route which is a shame.

Bad take IMO.  How much hae you seen of him?

Diggs will go up for a jump ball knowing he is going to get laid out.

• Like (+1) 1

im all in on this if it is possible.  2nd for diggs and some new money hitting the cap this year (i assume that would be required to get it all done).

diggs, brown, beez, and someone with size (FA TE, FA WR, drafted WR i don't care) and instead of being match up beggars we are match up dictators.

also -- sherlock holmes is more advanced than it seems like many give him credit for.  i think if he talked about lunch pail and hard hat, or motor, it would be a bit too obvious.  cracks me up! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

can we get diggs and eversen griffin?  now that would be great. 

Yes. Griffen is almost certainly going to hit the market—they don’t even have to cut him; it’s a team option and they gain 100% cap relief if they don’t pick it up.

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yes. Griffen is almost certainly going to hit the market—they don’t even have to cut him; it’s a team option and they gain 100% cap relief if they don’t pick it up.

if we go 2nd rounder i want both those guys. they get a ton of cap relief and we solve two issues.

28 minutes ago, frogger said:

We would almost be doing the Vikings a favor, they need cap room, a 2020 2nd and a 2021 3rd is as high as I’d go.

There's some stuff written up on this by the Denver ESPN guy (their Marcel L-J) suggesting a 3rd is the highest appropriate.

The Vikes have a couple guys they could move on from and clear $12-13M cap.  Trading Diggs would only get them $5.5

22 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm not sure that's correct.  I couldn't copy it but if you mouse over 2020 on his OvertheCap entry it says it's a player option to void the contract - Feb 25th

https://overthecap.com/player/everson-griffen/1774/

IMO Griffen would be foolish to do that.  He can still ball, no question, but I do think he's declined a bit last 2 years.  He might renegotiate again though.