Diggs on the block? Rumor is a 2nd rd pick (year old thread)

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

This has Patriots written all over it.  Not sure Josh is ready to handle a diva receiver at this point in his career.  

Sad but true.....would give Marcia his #1 wideout and all the Cheatriots would need is a TE and BINGO......yet another SB for the cheaters.....

47 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I think Thielen is WAY more physical, he simply isn't going to be denied when the football is even in his vicinity.

Diggs just doesn't seem interested in contact while Thielen welcomes it.

I've seen Diggs not try often if a ball doesn't drop right into his hands while Thielen would be the dude who would dive full speed just for a chance at a catch anytime.

Doesn't make many contested catches... Thielen is just selfless while Diggs seems to be going Diva Selfish route which is a shame.

None of this is accurate. Like not even close. He plays big.

Diggs is worth a first. He’s a top 10 guy imo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I don’t hate the idea, but there’s a lot of red flags. 

- why is a team wanting to give up its best weapon?

- what differentiates him from other diva receivers we’ve seen moved lately? (Moves that at the time seemed like no-brainers for the buyers, but turned out to be huge wins for the sellers) 

- is he going to want more money? If so, how much?

- is it better to trade commodities and pay him as opposed to getting someone in this loaded draft class?

Trade for Diggs and draft a WR.  We need to overload on offensive talent.  Then watch your young QB develop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I think Thielen is WAY more physical, he simply isn't going to be denied when the football is even in his vicinity.

Diggs just doesn't seem interested in contact while Thielen welcomes it.

I've seen Diggs not try often if a ball doesn't drop right into his hands while Thielen would be the dude who would dive full speed just for a chance at a catch anytime.

Doesn't make many contested catches... Thielen is just selfless while Diggs seems to be going Diva Selfish route which is a shame.

You’re using play style to create arbitrary distinctions.

Thielen is an X receiver who is asked to be big on the boundary, fight one on one with DB’s, and do more things that lend itself to contact. Diggs is more Z receiver, which moves him around, plays off the LOS and runs more deep routes which preclude jump balls. Furthermore, while Thielen is fighting through guys, Diggs is often times running by them. And, If you go look at highlights from this year (which I just did) you’ll see a huge number of examples where Diggs fights for extra yardage, taking on multiple defenders after the catch. I don’t know where you’re getting the idea that Diggs is not tough. He is a diva, that’s true, but he also has had to fight to make it in the NFL as a 7th round pick. 

As I said- I have nothing wrong with Thielen, love the guy. With the only exception being some of his attitude concerns, I think most informed people would consider Diggs a better receiver. It’s not a huge gap when they’re both healthy, and they’ve been very lucky to play off each other, but Diggs is more talented. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But he was still better than healthy Theilen.  I know cuz I drafted Theilen in fantasy and he was grossly under performing even when healthy.  

Theilen is a fantastic receiver and more versatile weapon on offense. He simply had an injury plagued year.

I know this is a very crazy thought but imagine this. We trade a 2nd and maybe another later rnd pick for Diggs. Then sign 1 of Hooper or Hunter Henry. Use our 1st on the best DE that falls to us. I feel like our biggest issue would be RT then.

1) Beane is a master of negotiation and value. Diggs was drafted in the 6th round...no way he offers a second round pick. He’ll offer two 7th rounders. 

2) There is no way in hell Diggs wears #14 here in Buffalo. That‘s Sammy’s number!!! .....should have been retired when he left. 

• Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

1) Beane is a master of negotiation and value. Diggs was drafted in the 6th round...no way he offers a second round pick. He’ll offer two 7th rounders. 

2) There is no way in hell Diggs wears #14 here in Buffalo. That‘s Sammy’s number!!! .....should have been retired when he left. 

1.)  Diggs was drafted in the 5th round and Spielman is an above average GM who won't give him away for peanuts.  It will be at least for a 1st round pick.

2.)  The #14 will always be Frank Reich's number.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

This has Patriots written all over it..  

He might want to play for a winner though next season...

I would be all in on Diggs... Pick 54 won’t get it done though..

What about giving them 22 and getting 89 back from them in change?

At least that puts us ahead of the bottom feeders at the top of the 2nd like Bengals and Dolphins..

21 minutes ago, MJS said:

Theilen is a fantastic receiver and more versatile weapon on offense. He simply had an injury plagued year.

I love Thielen.  But he was having a down year before the injury.  Diggs had the better year is all I was saying 

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Just to inject a little logic here. He's angry with the Vikings because they are now a run heavy offense and they don't throw him the ball enough. How exactly would coming here solve that problem for him?

We’re not really a run heavy offense anymore. At least daboll has shown this isn’t his only approach.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Ferguson, you’re obviously not getting enough ruffage in your diet, enough sleep nor getting out enough. 

Normally I just click on these threads to shake my head and get a chuckle out of a fan base that seemingly wants every single player out there...but Diggs, on that current contract, for a 2nd? Seems way too good to be true. Click-bait?

Edited by QCity
  • Like (+1) 1