Diggs on the block? Rumor is a 2nd rd pick (year old thread)

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

His age is the biggest plus for Diggs...also his speed, other than that he doesn't do anything better than Thielen.

He's universally regarded as one of the best route runners in football.. makes defenders look silly. Thielen is also very good in that area, but it's easier to create separation in the slot, where Thielen does most of his work. 

I don't have the numbers to back this up (aka don't feel like going back), but IIRC Thielen gets shut down in games Diggs hasn't played over the past few seasons, whereas Diggs still put up pretty big numbers in games that Thielen missed. 

All in all - definitely worth a 2nd rounder to find our #1 WR.. then we can take a CB/Edge at 22 to really round out the roster.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So very true. We don't have the time or luxury to wait 2-3 years for a young wr to develop.  We have to strike now over these next 3-4 years before big contracts come up. Trade for Diggs, sign Hunter Henry to compliment Knox and draft Tee Higgins or Reagor to learn. Our offense would explode.

I imagine this is overblown. We have been in rebuilding mode and in the early stages of rebuilding with young talent you do not spend a ton on older players. Layer a few in to help the younger players adapt. As we are now in the win it mode I think he might look for some selective big ticket purchases that help put us over the top (e.g., Antonio Brown). I personally am not a big fan of paying top dollar for others players, but this does not strike me as top dollar and he definitely would fit a need so I am in favor (not that Beane and McDermott give a flying fig what I think - nor should they).

10 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

His age is the biggest plus for Diggs...also his speed, other than that he doesn't do anything better than Thielen.

but what exactly does thielen do better than Diggs? I like Thielen, he’s one of my favorite players and has a great story. But Diggs is a better receiver. Thielen seems like more of a “straight arrow” so he’s got that going for him. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Theilen was hurt early in Game 7 and didn't come back to full snaps until game 15.  Before he was hurt, Theilen was pulling in 61 ypg.  That's less than Diggs ended up with (75) but it's not 3x less.

Diggs did have a pahty in some of those Theilan-lessgames, but in others he got shut down. When they were both there, it was kind of "pick your poison" for other teams.

Don't mistake me I like Diggs.  If they want to trade him, we should be "IN".

Nothing against Thielen, he’s a good player. I just think Diggs is probably seen as the better WR with the higher ceiling. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I mean, yeah, he was unhappy when he had 2, 1, and 3 receptions, missed a practice, got fined.

Then he played 14 more games and it seems like he made it up

*shrug*

I guess time will tell

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

but what exactly does thielen do better than Diggs? I like Thielen, he’s one of my favorite players and has a great story. But Diggs is a better receiver. Thielen seems like more of a “straight arrow” so he’s got that going for him. 

I think Thielen is WAY more physical, he simply isn't going to be denied when the football is even in his vicinity.

Diggs just doesn't seem interested in contact while Thielen welcomes it.

I've seen Diggs not try often if a ball doesn't drop right into his hands while Thielen would be the dude who would dive full speed just for a chance at a catch anytime.

Doesn't make many contested catches... Thielen is just selfless while Diggs seems to be going Diva Selfish route which is a shame.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I think Thielen is WAY more physical, he simply isn't going to be denied when the football is even in his vicinity.

Diggs just doesn't seem interested in contact while Thielen welcomes it.

I've seen Diggs not try often if a ball doesn't drop right into his hands while Thielen would be the dude who would dive full speed just for a chance at a catch anytime.

Doesn't make many contested catches... Thielen is just selfless while Diggs seems to be going Diva Selfish route which is a shame.

Dude...doesn’t make contested catches? Diggs?

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking-the-nfls-top-receivers-in-contested-catch-situations

I mean, I know it’s PFF and all, but, dude...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Thielen is excellent with his release against press coverage as he'll physically manhandle CB's with his upper body.  Other than that Diggs is his equal or better in pretty much every aspect.  Especially in and out of breaks and tracking the deep ball.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Dude...doesn’t make contested catches? Diggs?

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking-the-nfls-top-receivers-in-contested-catch-situations

I mean, I know it’s PFF and all, but, dude...

Wow, well apparently I've only seen the plays he quit on...or maybe my eyes were just glued to Thielen's rump too often:wub:

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Conlan93 said:

Nothing can happen till March 18th at 4:00 pm. This isnt the first time Diggs deleted Vikings content of his IG account. Stay the course men dont loose sleep over it??

Not saying anything is going down, but trades can be agreed upon in principle and leaked to the media now. They just can’t become official or announced by the team until 3/18. 

• Like (+1) 1