Diggs on the block? Rumor is a 2nd rd pick (year old thread)

BillsMafi$

13 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Glad to see I was on the right side of this one 😂

lol, you and some others. Think it was a no brainer at the time. I mean to at least attempt to get him. Obviously we needed more help with passing game. However I didn't think Bills would get him though. Thought he would have went with another team. Very glad to see Bills as a very desirable team to play for now.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I was a wrong josh guy, glad I redeemed myself here lol

Lol, I was a Baker guy at that time, but obviously knew he wouldn't last when Bills picked. Very happy how it turned out though.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Id take a 2nd rder for him...  would really help us get that middling running back we need.... someone real.... 3.2 ypc'ey 🙄

BEANE WAKE UP! GET NEW ENGLAND ON THE PHONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Travis Henry busy?  All those book bags, sneakers, iPads have to be costing a fair amount.  Good motivation!

On 2/19/2020 at 2:01 AM, hjnick said:

Diggs is good, but I wouldn't give a 1st for him with that contract AND he might be unhappy with it.

For this year, I'd like to keep our 1st and 2nd round pick.  I'd see if they would take a 2020 3rd and 2021 3rd round pick for Diggs.

That way we can draft for needs in the 1st and 2nd.  Still would like to get another WR in the draft.

This was the weirdest take for me at the time.  Was a great contract for someone widely regarded as a top 10 WR.

On 2/19/2020 at 2:54 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

just a third, if Minnesota  wants to get rid of him no need to overpay.

Offering a third for Diggs would have been like all the cheapskates lowballing me with $500 offers for my Mustang.  Becomes a "I'll tow it to a scrap yard before I take such an insulting offer" situation.  As if other teams wouldn't be willing to do better than a 3rd.  You don't spit in someone's face and then say you did them a favor by moisturizing their dry skin.

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

This was the weirdest take for me at the time.  Was a great contract for someone widely regarded as a top 10 WR.

Offering a third for Diggs would have been like all the cheapskates lowballing me with $500 offers for my Mustang.  Becomes a "I'll tow it to a scrap yard before I take such an insulting offer" situation.  As if other teams wouldn't be willing to do better than a 3rd.  You don't spit in someone's face and then say you did them a favor by moisturizing their dry skin.

That's classic.  Oughtta be a proverb.  Hope you don't mind if I steal it.

I think most of the opinions were pretty valid at the time. Diggs had a breakout year. Yeah, everyone knew he was a good receiver, but at the time there was not evidence of him being an All-Pro receiver and being able to lead the league in receptions and receiving yards.

And those who thought Thielen was better were justified in how the Vikings used them both. Thielen seemed to be the go-to receiver there with Diggs used as a deep threat.

At the time of the trade there were tons of people saying we overpaid, including Bills fans. Turns out we did not overpay and Diggs was a huge difference maker and proved he could be one of the best receivers in the league. But at the time, Diggs had had a couple of 1,000 yard seasons and showed he was a great route runner, but he had not shown that he was an All-Pro caliber receiver yet.

I was not against the trade when it happened and I was hopeful of what Diggs could mean to the offense, but I don't think it was wrong for others to have been worried about the move and think we gave up too much at the time.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's classic.  Oughtta be a proverb.  Hope you don't mind if I steal it.

Go ahead I guess, I just modified it from "Don't spit on me and tell me it's raining" to fit the idea of "doing them a favor" by taking something valuable from them.

Phew.  Was worried I was going to hate on it.  I hadn’t seen much of Diggs the prior season and wasn’t a big fan of him, due to my buddy (a huge Vikings fan) always telling me how amazing his was.  

Turns out, my scenario would’ve been best case.  Trade down, accumulate more picks, than trade our first pick for Diggs.  😊