Diggs on the block? Rumor is a 2nd rd pick (year old thread)

BillsMafi$

On 2/22/2020 at 10:56 AM, 32ABBA said:

You compare Dan Marino to Kirk Cousins?

You're blocked.

I have lived in Miami, and watched a ton of Marino games and many in person.   He was an amazingly talented passer, but not a  great QB if your goal is to win the game.  A very over rated player.   There are several QBs from the 80's - 90's that I would choose over Marino. 

1 minute ago, Reks Ryan said:

I have lived in Miami, and watched a ton of Marino games and many in person.   He was an amazingly talented passer, but not a  great QB if your goal is to win the game.  A very over rated player.   There are several QBs from the 80's - 90's that I would choose over Marino. 

Other than Joe Montana, who exactly was Marino worse than in the 80's and 90's?

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/25/2020 at 11:55 AM, Buffalo03 said:

It seems like Diggs has been more hurt than that and missed more games but either way Diggs is also a lot more inconsistent than Green is. 

Green has played 8 seasons, and his highest catch rate is 66%.  That would be the worst of Diggs’s career excluding his rookie season.   Diggs has a catch rate of 68.4% for his career compared to Green’s 58.7%.  They have an identical 8.7 yards per target for their careers.   If Green is better, it’s not by much and that’s if he’s healthy.

On 2/25/2020 at 12:37 PM, H2o said:

I still think the Vikings have flexibility to free up $$$ outside of Diggs that makes more sense. The fact they have been quite uninhibited handing out those contracts though is finally catching up with them. They have more than a couple of bad ones, but Diggs isn't one of them tbh. Just cutting Linval Joseph and Xavier Rhodes could free up something like $18,000,000 for them I believe. 

Just a quick question, can we sign Xavier Rhodes if Minny cuts him? I'd love to have 2 of the 10 best CBs in the league.

17 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Other than Joe Montana, who exactly was Marino worse than in the 80's and 90's?

I'm curious too. Steve Young? John Elway? In the conversation. Jim Kelly? But I'm a homer.

What would SF, Dallas, Buffalo, Denver or KC have done in the 80s-90s with their respective teams and Dan Marino?

It feels like multiple rings to me.

Edited by RocCityRoller

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Just a quick question, can we sign Xavier Rhodes if Minny cuts him? I'd love to have 2 of the 10 best CBs in the league.

I'm curious too. Steve Young? John Elway? In the conversation. Jim Kelly? But I'm a homer.

What would SF, Dallas, Buffalo, Denver or KC have done in the 80s-90s with their respective teams and Dan Marino?

It feels like multiple rings to me.

I find the Marino bashing funny.

Where was his Thurman Thomas, Emmitt Smith, Terrell Davis, Ricky Watters, Roger Craig, Ernest Byner, Marshall Faulk?

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Billl said:

Green has played 8 seasons, and his highest catch rate is 66%.  That would be the worst of Diggs’s career excluding his rookie season.   Diggs has a catch rate of 68.4% for his career compared to Green’s 58.7%.  They have an identical 8.7 yards per target for their careers.   If Green is better, it’s not by much and that’s if he’s healthy.

I'm not talking about catch radius, I'm talking about production on a game to game basis. Diggs disappears for multiple games at a time frequently. Green might have a bad game here and there but is all around more consistent. AJ Green when completely healthy can be a top 5 receiver. Diggs at his best right now is maybe between 10-15

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Haha (+1) 3

• 11 months later...

I sure hope we end up signing Diggs. I think he might develop chemistry with Josh very quickly, and could probably even have the best receiving year in Bills franchise history! This guy would be a legitimate #1 in the right offense. I mean, he could carry us to the AFC Championship Game! (I think they still might not be able to get past KC, though.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

I sure hope we end up signing Diggs. I think he might develop chemistry with Josh very quickly, and could probably even have the best receiving year in Bills franchise history! This guy would be a legitimate #1 in the right offense. I mean, he could carry us to the AFC Championship Game! (I think they still might not be able to get past KC, though.)

Yea ok......I don’t see any of that happening. Diggs is overrated IMO , much better/cheaper options in the draft. If Beane makes this trade I’d be highly disappointed!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Yea ok......I don’t see any of that happening. Diggs is overrated IMO , much better/cheaper options in the draft. If Beane makes this trade I’d be highly disappointed!

Clearly a locker room cancer.  Hope Beane moves on from this nonsense.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I'm prepared to make a rather significant wager on this. I say he gets between 70-80 catches, might clear 1,000 yards but I'm not that willing to put that much money on the yardage part. I'm thinking like "Peak Stevie Johnson".

• Haha (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Diggs on the block? Rumor is a 2nd rd pick (year old thread)

Always fun to retrospectively look back at what folk said , and how sure they were in their opinions..., 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Some freezing cold takes in this thread. LOLZ at the people who thought Thielen was better than Diggs

I never thought this myself for one second. And really couldn't understand why those that did came to that conclusion. 

Edited by Patrick_Duffy