Olsen to Seattle!

BillsMafi$

56 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Better at what? QB? Nope. Winning games? They haven't been below 9 wins since 2011, we are just now getting 9-10 wins within the same decade. They have been in the playoffs 6 out of the last 7 years. 

Or are we better something that doesn't effect wins and losses like how often the players go bowling or drinking a lot of beer at a sabres game...don't get me wrong, I believe in team chemistry and good culture but you still have to play and win games. 

This is something we need to really start getting straight. We are acting like we are THE team after a nice season but what did we really accomplish? Got booted out of the wildcard round twice in three years. Slow down my friend. 

We are not better.....but we are good.  Two playoffs in 3 years and the team is trending up.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If the Bills don’t bring in at least two good FAs with all the cap room they have I’ll be disappointed and perplexed..... And Sweeney was an undrafted FA signing and barely played last year who showed some good things in a meaningless finale against the Jets... can’t imagine he would’ve taken many snaps away from Olsen. 

The offense needs some really good players and they need them like yesterday..... expecting some low level FA signings and the draft to get them there is wishful thinking, IMO. 

I want to see quality guys at the positions that make the OC's offense go since they decided to keep him.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If the Bills don’t bring in at least two good FAs with all the cap room they have I’ll be disappointed and perplexed..... And Sweeney was an undrafted FA signing and barely played last year who showed some good things in a meaningless finale against the Jets... can’t imagine he would’ve taken many snaps away from Olsen. 

The offense needs some really good players and they need them like yesterday..... expecting some low level FA signings and the draft to get them there is wishful thinking, IMO. 

We drafted Sweeney.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Excuse me. 7th round pick*.

What difference does that make AFTER he was drafted.......are you not seeing the fact that he can block and catch?  The fact that Beane hit on this late round picks like Sweeney and Johnson make it all the better.

Edited by John from Riverside

2 hours ago, quincy said:

Since 2012 - 8 years - Seattle has always had a winning record and finshed 1st or 2nd in the NFC West, qualifying for the playoffs in 7 out those 8 years, only missing out in 2017 when they finished 9-7. They have won the NFC West 3 times in that span.

We cannot compete with that culture of winning at all, yet.....

Along those same lines, I just saw this graphic today too...

I think the "Not Pictured" at the bottom versus the amount Washington and Buffalo show up pretty much seal our point for us. But I do agree we with the "yet" part, we are definitely on our way there...

36dgf8t5wvh41.jpg

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t see either of their teams letting them go.  When healthy, they are top 5 players.  Young top 5 guys rarely hit the market. 

Good point.  I could see Henry getting tagged.  I think Hooper is the more likely guy who gets to FA given the Falcons cap situation.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Good point.  I could see Henry getting tagged.  I think Hooper is the more likely guy who gets to FA given the Falcons cap situation.  

Good point about their cap.  That would suck as a Falcons fan because he’s turned into a really good player. 

Can't blame the guy for taking a year or two shot for a ring with Seattle.

Would have been an ok addition if it was a nearly direct trade off with Kroft.

Honestly I can't understand the TBD love affair with the NFL equivalent of dinged up AARP aged players.

Griffen, Olsen, Sanders, Bradham, Green and on and on.

I also don't understand the love affair with dinged up players in general. Hunter Henry? Really?

The guy has never played a full season in 4 years. His stats in his best seasons are similar to Clay who was a TBD whipping boy.

The 8 TDs last year was nice, can't ignore that, but the yardage and TDs are all on pace with Charles Clay.

Let some other team pay the next Charles Clay contract for Hunter Henry.

Hooper is the only TE worth the look at the contracts being discussed IMO, and that is not a guarantee.

Otherwise I roll with a healthy Kroft, Knox and Sweeney, or spend a 4-5th for another TE to put in the mix.

Just my opinion.

15 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Who is Brittany Williams?

Josh Allen’s girlfriend of several years.  Hometown Firebaugh girl, former Fresno cheerleader.

Lives with him in B’lo during season I think

Could have nothing to do with Olsen, or could be a comment on having teammates who buy-in and want to play with ya.

On 2/19/2020 at 11:06 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If we had a dome do you think Olsen would’ve made a difference choice?

No.  I think it’s wanting to play with Wilson, better contract, or both.

On 2/23/2020 at 3:02 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No.  I think it’s wanting to play with Wilson, better contract, or both.

Indeed...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/24/greg-olsen-couldnt-pass-up-opportunity-to-play-with-russell-wilson/

“I just felt that Seattle’s been special,” Olsen said, via Alaina Getzenberg of the Charlotte Observer. “I just feel like their track record of consistency. We’ve seen it up close and personal here in Carolina at times. And obviously Russell Wilson. He’s an elite, special guy at the quarterback position, and [coach] Pete Carroll. It’s just a really elite situation, and they showed so much interest in me. It was just too good of an opportunity to pass up.”

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Indeed...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/24/greg-olsen-couldnt-pass-up-opportunity-to-play-with-russell-wilson/

“I just felt that Seattle’s been special,” Olsen said, via Alaina Getzenberg of the Charlotte Observer. “I just feel like their track record of consistency. We’ve seen it up close and personal here in Carolina at times. And obviously Russell Wilson. He’s an elite, special guy at the quarterback position, and [coach] Pete Carroll. It’s just a really elite situation, and they showed so much interest in me. It was just too good of an opportunity to pass up.”

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a26fbfce1c5e6724853

• Haha (+1) 1