Olsen to Seattle!

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I was hoping that they could sign Olsen for a year’s good play and mentorship, but I am not down on Knox and Sweeney - I think both showed promise- especially Knox.  I think he will address the drops which I think (Hope?) were mostly due to being too anxious to start running before securing the catch.  I really think Knox has very good size and speed and we also saw some “want to” on some plays.

I’m not “down on Knox and Sweeney” either.  I’m a realist.  We really should give Allen better talent at the TE given our cap space, amount of draft picks and the free agents that are available. Many options that are better imo

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m not “down on Knox and Sweeney” either.  I’m a realist.  We really should give Allen better talent at the TE given our cap space, amount of draft picks and the free agents that are available. Many options that are better imo

I actually like Knox and Sweeney......we just need to use them more

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

This tells me we don’t have a good enough QB to attract FA’s...

Yes I am sure that is what that says

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

He looked at Washington because of his coach.

He also decided to not go there. 

It remains to be see if Russel will be better then Allen next year......one has peaked and one is making jump's in production year to year.

I would have liked to have Olson but its not a season killer or anything.....just need to continue being aggressive pursuing offensive talent.

6 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

As soon as Seattle entered thr fray, I figured it was a fore gone conclusion. A catcher of passes will always choose the best thrower of the football, all other factors being relatively equal. I’m sure there’s exceptions to this rule,  but I’m too lazy to research it at this moment ? 

Me too.  I figured the Seahawks would be the choice too.  Most likely offered the most dollars and in win-now mode vs. the Bills who might be a year away from a realistic shot at the SB. 

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That’s fine John. I like them too.  That doesn’t mean we can’t upgrade.  Or do you think that their like a top 5 combo in the league?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloMatt said:

10 games is my over for him in 2020. Being injury prone late in his career makes him too expensive of a risk - Great Job by Beane to pass!!

I would agree he can play about 10 games.  Maybe, 12 tops.  For that price on a one year deal, I would like Olsen.  

If Olsen likes Seattle more than Buffalo (for various/known reasons).  If we paid Olsen $7M, $8M, $9M he wouldn't sign here IMO.  

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s fine John. I like them too.  That doesn’t mean we can’t upgrade.  Or do you think that their like a top 5 combo in the league?

Era I think they could grow into one but I would like to add a good vet TE to go with them....plenty out there.

Olson is just a name.....we can find another good one.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Jesus Christ. Any team that is still developing in their 4th year of a rebuild is a total fail. 

We are not developing....we have made the playoffs in 2 of the last 3 years. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Why does it make you think that? I take it your not a fan of Allen I see

Meh, he’s alright... but it seems more like Olsen is not a fan of Allen’s...

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Thanks John...I have to admit I chuckled a little...?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

As soon as Seattle entered thr fray, I figured it was a fore gone conclusion. A catcher of passes will always choose the best thrower of the football, all other factors being relatively equal. I’m sure there’s exceptions to this rule,  but I’m too lazy to research it at this moment ? 

You being all privy to the negotiations and knowing it had nothing to do with maybe Beane stopping the bidding at $5.5M fully guaranteed and Seattle "sweetening the pot" to $7M?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You being all privy to the negotiations and knowing it had nothing to do with maybe Beane stopping the bidding at $5.5M fully guaranteed and Seattle "sweetening the pot" to $7M?

(Sigh) Happless, why you always gots to be so rational and stuff...? ?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1