Olsen to Seattle!

BillsMafi$

TBH, I think the contract would have been around the same wherever he chose to go. His production warrants it.

I also think he could have been a significant upgrade for us, even before we have FA and the draft.

While I believe he would have done well here, I can't say that I blame him for choosing Seattle. Ultimately he's going to a team that has a QB who already has a ring, and is a consistent performer at a high level, rather than to a team that is on the rise, but may still need another year developing, to get over the hump, and win a playoff game, with a young QB who hasn't shown quite enough consistency yet.

40 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Olsen made a mistake. Would have been better off signing with the Bills. 

I'm relieved honestly. Nothing against Olsen either.

Now the Bills need to pursue one of the  younger and more capable TEs Please

Maybe that is where they spend,  and surprise us.

36 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Could be the case right now, but that can change “if” Josh cleans up his game, he is our franchise QB in training at this point. It’s hard for most QBs in the league to measure up to Russel Wilson. It was said Olsen was looking for a ring, and as much as we all root for Josh I think  Seattle is the better option for Olsen at present. 

Go Bills!!!

simple math really
 #Ringworthey @GOLSEN

40 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

7 million. Meh no thanks. 

I'm sure that's more than Beane was thinking. Considering Graham and Kelce make 10 and 9 mil respectively, 7 is way too much for Olsen. Hooper is ready to reset the market at probably 11.5. Go after the young stud instead.

• Like (+1) 1

I see some here a bit hurt by his choice of sweetheart.

lol.
would have picked Seattle as well. free pot i think or something there

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

I'm sure that's more than Beane was thinking. Considering Graham and Kelce make 10 and 9 mil respectively, 7 is way too much for Olsen. Hooper is ready to reset the market at probably 11.5. Go after the young stud instead.

heck yes

11 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Better Coach, Better QB, Better Team.  

He made a wise decision. 

Better Coach?! That’s debatable... Russell Wilson has made that dude. He’s never had to truly start from nothing.

We are also talking about the coach that failed to give the ball to Lynch from the 1 yard line losing the Super Bowl.  Pete Carroll is a good coach at best, but so is McD!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I really hoped we’d sign him but he’s not the only fish in the sea.  Just hope we can add another tight end that is better than Dawson Knox 

I was hoping that they could sign Olsen for a year’s good play and mentorship, but I am not down on Knox and Sweeney - I think both showed promise- especially Knox.  I think he will address the drops which I think (Hope?) were mostly due to being too anxious to start running before securing the catch.  I really think Knox has very good size and speed and we also saw some “want to” on some plays.