12 Great Throws From #12--Offseason Enjoyment

Back in the 90's during the Superbowl Run, I remember (I believe) NBC Football Broadcaster saying.. the Bills never lost a game.. they just ran out of time..  and watching this video I am reminded of that....When you truly have a franchise quarterback you are never really out of a game.

Also.. can't help but notice that two of those passes were from the same Sunday night Prime time game back late in 94 against the Dolphins.  For those that grew up in that era, I think we could all agree.. there was nothing like beating up on those Dolphins... Kelly, Reed, and Thomas always came out to play against them...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If Allen could just learn to throw into those really tight windows like Kelly made look so easy, we’d be in the hunt for the SB every year.  Don’t get me wrong as he is improving with each year, but Kelly was fearless and made it look so easy.  Great remembering those days when all of us were a bit younger.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bills92 said:

Back in the 90's during the Superbowl Run, I remember (I believe) NBC Football Broadcaster saying.. the Bills never lost a game.. they just ran out of time..  and watching this video I am reminded of that....When you truly have a franchise quarterback you are never really out of a game.

Also.. can't help but notice that two of those passes were from the same Sunday night Prime time game back late in 94 against the Dolphins.  For those that grew up in that era, I think we could all agree.. there was nothing like beating up on those Dolphins... Kelly, Reed, and Thomas always came out to play against them...

"Rich Stadium South" I believe is what Joe Robbie Stadium's nickname was during our SB era--we usually took names down there and you can see from Kelly's ridiculous throws in that game for example, I'm sure many a time the Dolphins thought they had em on the ropes only to be burned on the back end. I'm sure to this day Marino would tell you but for the Bills, he would've seen a few more SB games than just the one in '84.  

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

If Allen could just learn to throw into those really tight windows like Kelly made look so easy, we’d be in the hunt for the SB every year.  Don’t get me wrong as he is improving with each year, but Kelly was fearless and made it look so easy.  Great remembering those days when all of us were a bit younger.

The good news is, Allen's already shown the ability to take a phase of his game that needs work (like the short/intermediate game from his rookie year), make it a focus in the off-season and turn it into a strength--I have little doubt this trend can and will continue with him. He's a born leader of men who will follow him into a brick wall and fearless to a fault--both qualities we haven't seen at the QB position since Kelly, which I am very much enthused about.  

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

can that be taught?

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

See @Hapless Bills Fanlatest post on the invincible vid thread...:thumbsup:

i watched Tyrod demonstrate he had zero faith in the concept of leading a WR into a pass, something that a young boy usually starts calculating eternally when he is 5 years old

i don't recall Jim Kelly's polished skill set at Miami, his games were not on TV

• Like (+1) 1

As we all do i remember the glory days & can't wait for the Bills time to come again & think it is very close, not sure if we will ever as fans have it as good as we did when Kelly & the crew were running up & down the field but it could be much better than it has been in a long time !!

But watching that clip i didn't remember until watching that what a great arm Kelly had i always thought in comparison to like Marino he had a very average arm but after watching this it just reminded me how good a QB he really was !! 

If there is one thing i would have wished had happened is that Kelly would have come to the Bills right out of the draft & played his entire career here !! That has always left a bad after taste for Kelly ...

• Thank you (+1) 1