Eagles release Bradham

BillsMafi$

We're kinda thin at LB. Pretty sure we're drafting a LB, but I wouldn't mind signing Nigel too. The contract would have to make sense and seeing how Beane operates, I'm sure it will.

Kick the tires

Get er done

If the price is right

Side note: I met his mom and family and watched a Philly game with them. She said Nigel loved his time in Buffalo. Even as  Florida baby, he loved the city and had nothing but good things to say about Buffalo and how the fans treated him. He's a hockey fan now too.

Edited by Dopey

Coming out of college, he had near elite measurables, but was said to lack some in the area of instinct and football IQ.  Jim Schwartz's system is not schematically all that different from what Sean McDermott does, so I don't think scheme fit is all that big an issue.  His years of experience probably compensates sufficiently for the football IQ issue.  It boils down to his asking price over against what he has left physically at 30-31 years old.   

23 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Me too. 1 year or 2 years with an easy out after 1. Makes a lot of sense. Vet option. Still have Joseph and Dodson in the fold and draft another day 3 guy.

^^^

23 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He took a step back last year after a big year before. I’d absolutely take him back at the right price. I’m not sure that he is a starter but he’d be a nice depth piece for sure.

The Bills need better role and depth players than they currently have at a lot of positions.  Just because a team can't afford to have superstars at all positions doesn't mean that it has to fill its roster only with JAGs, practice squad refugees, and Day 3 draft picks.  Almost all of the playoff teams that actually won playoff games this season have at least a couple of well known but past their prime veterans from other teams who were acquired for limited roles or "just in case".  Some of those older "been there, done that" vets are exactly what young teams on the upswing need to have in the locker room and on the sidelines.

I would love to have Bradham on the Bills in that kind of role.

9 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Wouldn't Sean Lee be a "No Down" linebacker? ;)

Yes but when other guys were only giving 100% he always cranked it up to 111% ;) 

the druids--they invented football. actually it was one guy.named duncan.they only had one name in those days.

On 2/18/2020 at 2:18 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

He was a great draft pick.  Tough dude.  My friend was dating a girl who was really good “friends” with Nigel (she had features that athletes would like).  He loves weed.  And if take him back.  I like having tough guys on the roster.  He would have went after Gronk after that White cheapshot. 

Those 5 games Lee plays would be huge.  Dude is not leaving Dallas. 

Let’s hear more about these “features” ... perhaps accompanied by visual evidence. ?

On 2/18/2020 at 1:32 PM, thebandit27 said:

I would take Nigel Bradham back in a heartbeat. 

Not sure he fits the profile for McBeanes program. regardless of his skillset. and we need a an OLB for sure. Hope we can do better than Nigel though.
Watching the Ravens defense showed me how it's done having a strong LBer presence. Pittsburgh as well.
i want that.

17 hours ago, Augie said:

I’d let him compete. That’s about it. 

I'd hope we had much better competition then.

Bills should make an decent effort to to solidify the position via FA.
Bradham would be low on my list. But on the list 

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Coming out of college, he had near elite measurables, but was said to lack some in the area of instinct and football IQ.  Jim Schwartz's system is not schematically all that different from what Sean McDermott does, so I don't think scheme fit is all that big an issue.  His years of experience probably compensates sufficiently for the football IQ issue.  It boils down to his asking price over against what he has left physically at 30-31 years old.   

I did not know that about the McD and Jim S similars.

Have not seen us do a wide nine since McD arrived  lol : )

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I'd hope we had much better competition then.

Bills should make an decent effort to to solidify the position via FA.
Bradham would be low on my list. But on the list 

I did not know that about the McD and Jim S similars.

Have not seen us do a wide nine since McD arrived  lol : )

I never said Jim Schwartz's defensive scheme is identical to McDermott's.  I said there are similarities.  The wide nine feature of a Jim Schwartz defense is just that, one feature, and I don't believe the ends line up wide on every play in any case.  Schwartz uses mostly a 4-3 formation, as does McDermott.  He tries to generate pressure in the pass rush using mostly his line, without a great deal of blitzing.  So does McDermott.  I believe he uses primarily zone defense in the secondary.  His linebackers have to do a little bit of everything, including dripping into the short zone.  When his line attempts to penetrate, the linebackers are responsible for staying in lanes to limit gains in the run game.  I think Bradham is reasonably familiar with the responsibilities that the Bills require of their linebackers.

On 2/18/2020 at 1:18 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

He was a great draft pick.  Tough dude.  My friend was dating a girl who was really good “friends” with Nigel (she had features that athletes would like).  He loves weed.  And if take him back.  I like having tough guys on the roster.  He would have went after Gronk after that White cheapshot. 

Those 5 games Lee plays would be huge.  Dude is not leaving Dallas. 

He would have attacked Gronk with the fury of 1,000 stolen umbrellas.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I never said Jim Schwartz's defensive scheme is identical to McDermott's.  I said there are similarities.  The wide nine feature of a Jim Schwartz defense is just that, one feature, and I don't believe the ends line up wide on every play in any case.  Schwartz uses mostly a 4-3 formation, as does McDermott.  He tries to generate pressure in the pass rush using mostly his line, without a great deal of blitzing.  So does McDermott.  I believe he uses primarily zone defense in the secondary.  His linebackers have to do a little bit of everything, including dripping into the short zone.  When his line attempts to penetrate, the linebackers are responsible for staying in lanes to limit gains in the run game.  I think Bradham is reasonably familiar with the responsibilities that the Bills require of their linebackers.

I did say similars did not say exact.

and was kinda joking about wide nine pre snap formation.

Loved Schwartz when he was here.

and having similarities in how LB's are used  along with Zone out back  is a good thing between both Coaches !

• Like (+1) 1