Levi Wallace the 6th best Corner "on the market"? - So says Deangelo Hall

whatdrought

Wallace is smart and technically proficient at what he does.  His problem is the lack of speed and strength.  That means other teams are always going to be able to create mismatches if they have big, fast, physical WRs.  If the Bills can avoid a mismatch, he'll be fine. When they can't he's going to lose some 50/50 situations or get lost in the receiver's trail of dust.

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

By comparison, sure he makes less than other CBs, but he sure as hell isn’t hurting financially by any means, to make $700 K  annually in the real world means you are in the top Three percent of wage earners in America and even higher on a world wide scale, so I’m not feeling a bit sorry for Levi, not even in the slightest. 

Go Bills!!!

It's not about comparing Levi to you.  It's about comparing Levi to the billionaire owners. 

The fact that undrafteds can get paid so poorly even if they are outplaying first round picks is a boon for the owners, not a boon for those undrafted guys making $700k/year.  

In terms of what his labor is worth, he's getting underpaid and is left with little recourse.  

I think the players' union should definitely bring this up during the new CBA discussions.  Because you know where those pay increases would have came from?  The billionaire owners' pockets.  

Stop sticking up for billionaires, people!

43 minutes ago, Capco said:

It's not about comparing Levi to you.  It's about comparing Levi to the billionaire owners. 

The fact that undrafteds can get paid so poorly even if they are outplaying first round picks is a boon for the owners, not a boon for those undrafted guys making $700k/year.  

In terms of what his labor is worth, he's getting underpaid and is left with little recourse.  

I think the players' union should definitely bring this up during the new CBA discussions.  Because you know where those pay increases would have came from?  The billionaire owners' pockets.  

Stop sticking up for billionaires, people!

Oh boo boo for the guy making 700K a year playing a game for a living, oh, and I never side with millionaires or Billionaires, ever. Levi is a rich man, earning in the top three percent of American citizens.  If you feel so strongly about this sort of thing, How about you go out and support all the union employees who need your help way more than Levi Wallace does, they are struggling far more than any football player currently under contract, support something truly worth your efforts. ?

Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Oh boo boo for the guy making 700K a year playing a game for a living, oh, and I never side with millionaires or Billionaires, ever. Levi is a rich man, earning in the top three percent of American citizens.  If you feel so strongly about this sort of thing, How about you go out and support all the union employees who need your help way more than Levi Wallace does, they are struggling far more than any football player currently under contract, support something truly worth your efforts. ?

Fair enough.  We are on the same page far more than we aren't.  Anyone who supports unions is good in my book.  

My only point was that even situations like this highlight how those at the top will squeeze the absolute most out those that support them, and especially in the absence of collective bargaining.  

Go Bills!  You have a good one Don.  

• Like (+1) 1