Jets felt Bell gained too much weight last year and wasn't explosive

Reed83HOF

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Not sure what angle the team is taking here, pissing their only good offense player off - who they bid against themselves for and this was also the guy who was rumored to be available at the trade deadline. Now he is pissed about the BS shade from Gase last year and you are tanking any trade value (for a player that no one else was bidding for). Dumb teams do dumb things...

Yeah, this is one of those “sources” things I don’t like.  Your tweet references an article which references another article which just says vaguely “The Jets, who felt Bell gained weight and lost explosiveness as the season went on, have to make it work for another year“.   It’s a Rich Cimini ESPN piece on Jets likely cuts

Doesn’t give a source for that.  Who is “the Jets” in that sentence?  “The Jets, a novel multicellular organism which scientists are examining for signs of higher intelligence independent of its cognate parts....”

It’s he said, he said, the Jets said.....

12 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

The Jets have won 6 of their last 8 and the Bills have lost 4 of their last 5.  

We should get our own house in order before we throw stones at the Jets.

this was just said?  wow.  just wow.

33 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

You should drop by GangGreen.com and let them know things are trending up.  Pretty sure belts and shoe laces were confiscated on that board back in November.  They will be relieved to find its all roses.

• Haha (+1) 6

19 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You should drop by GangGreen.com and let them know things are trending up.  Pretty sure belts and shoe laces were confiscated on that board back in November.  They will be relieved to find its all roses.

#rememberdavidcarradine

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Probably would have been best to keep this quiet but I agree with the Jets. I remember watching him last year thinking he looked awful. He was in slow-motion. Maybe it was the year off but he didn’t look anything like the player that was in Pittsburgh.

If by “he’s fat” they mean “he’s playing behind our crappy OLine” instead of the Steeler’s, then I think they nailed it! 

I’m sure it’s some of both, but maybe they also need to look in the mirror. His running style was so deliberate and patient he needs a good OL to play behind. This didn’t surprise me. He went for the money, and they took a gamble on making a big splash. I hope he comes back in the same shape next year.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

What are you, some Engrish teacher now?

Ridicurous.

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

"Have won"?  Are you trying to indicate the season is still going on?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Not sure what angle the team is taking here, pissing their only good offense player off - who they bid against themselves for and this was also the guy who was rumored to be available at the trade deadline. Now he is pissed about the BS shade from Gase last year and you are tanking any trade value (for a player that no one else was bidding for). Dumb teams do dumb things...

"only good offensive player"?  that's not true

He's not wrong.  Bell tanked last season.  Came in not ready to play.  He sucked and the HC is calling him out.  Why wouldn't McD do the same thing?

Edited by Mr. WEO