Zerovoltz 2020 Mock Draft 1.0

Zerovoltz

My first Mock...pre fre agency...pre good rumors...pre alot. This includes trades. Green is a trad up. Red is trade down/extra pick gained from trade down.

1. Bengals QB Joe Burrow Ultimately, the best QB available goes 1.
2. Redskins EDGE Chase Young Turn down calls and take can't miss edge.
3. DOLPHINS QB Tua Tagavioloa Miami trades up to ensure they get Tua here. They have the capital to make it happen.
4. RAIDERS QB Justin Herbert The Radiers also have alot of draft captial and swoop in ahead of the Chargers for Herbert
5. LIONS CB Jeff Okudah Detroit reaps the benefit of a trade down and still land their guy
6. Chargers OT Jedrick Wills Chargers miss out on the early QB derby, get OT they need instead.
7. Panthers DT Derrick Brown Ultimately Cam Newton is back in the fold and the Panthers add to the D.
8. Cardinals WR CeeDee Lamb Cardinals get WR1 of the present and future. Pass up OT to do so.
9. Jaguars DT Javon Kinlaw Replaces departing talent on the line that the Jags don't have cap room to keep.
10. Browns OT Andrew Thomas Browns get the replacement at LT for Joe Thomas they’ve been missing
11. Jets WR Henry Ruggs In a bit of surprise, Ruggs is first WR off the board. Combo of speed, effort, good combine land him here.
12. GIANTS WR Jerry Juedy Giants trade down, still land big time WR they need for Jones.
13. Colts EDGE K 'Lavon Chaisson Colts miss out on QB derby, don't like Love...take edge rusher they are missing on D.
14. Buccaneers S Xavier McKinney Buccs need help in the secondary, especially at S. This fills a hole.
15. Broncos  ILB Isiah Simmons Denver lucks out and Simmons falls into their lap at 15. Fangio gets the ILB he needs to QB his defense.
16. EAGLES WR Jalon Reagor Eagles, needing WR perhaps more than any team in this draft, move up ahead of Dallas for Reagor.
17. Cowboys CB CJ Henderson Dallas wanted Reagor, but opt for Byron Murphy's replacement here instead
18. Dolphins OL Mehki Becton This pick wasn't part of the deal with Detroit. Miami gets a replacement for Tunsil here
19. GIANTS OL Tristan Wirfs Giants trade out nets them Juedy AND new starting LT.
20. Jaguars CB Trevon Diggs Jags take Jalen Ramsey's replacment here.
21. FALCONS EDGE AJ Epenesa Falcons need help with the pass rush.

22. BILLS WR Tee Higgins Big target for Josh Allen and his cast of smurfs.
23. CHARGERS QB Jordan Love Pats find a partner to trade out with. Chargers get their QB of the future…and local kid to boot.
24. Saints LB Patrick Queen Local guy, fills void of cap cuts at LB.
25. Vikings CB CJ Hendrson Vikings move on from Xavier Rhodes and this guy helps fill the void.
26. LIONS EDGE Zack Baun Detroit adding major pieces to the D with their trade out…get CB and Edge rusher in round 1.
27. Seahawks EDGE Curtis Weaver A bit of a surprise here, but Seattle doesn’t re-sign Clowney, and finds his replacement here.
28. Ravens S Grant Delpit Having let their starter at safety go due to cap, they draft a replacement here.
29. Titans RB D’Andre Swift Having prudently moved on from king Henry, the titans draft his young, cheap replacement.
30. Packers WR Laviska Shenault After Dvonte Adams, the Packers WR corps is crap.
31. 49ers CB Kristian Fulton 49ers secondary was exposed by KC, New Orleans..they attempt to address that here.
32. CHIEFS CB Bryce Hall KC will lose all but 2 Corners in FA and will need to replenish that with draft picks starting with this one.

Not a bad effort and some similarities with mine earlier in the week. Instant reactions:

- You have CJ Henderson going twice - Vikings and Cowboys;

- Love the Raiders trade up idea. Makes some sense. The only issue is Gettleman hates trading. He has never traded a 1st round pick and has said previously he thinks it is almost always a bad idea;

- Don't think Wirfs falls that far. I'd be stunned if he gets to 19;

- The Ravens released Jefferson because they signed Chuck Clark who took over when he was out last year. They paid him starter money. I'd be surprised if the Ravens went safety in the first. Though agree Delpit is in play in that back end of the first range.

- If the Titans move on from Henry (I still don't think they will) then I think running back makes sense.... but is Swift a replacement for Henry? Very different style of runner.

I don’t think you see the Giants trading down from 4 to 12.  That’s a big drop.

Gettleman is vocal about not trading down for what other teams usually offer.

I am not a big fan of Higgins from what I’ve seen so far.  I’d be sad if we miss Espenesa by one slot.

Edited by Beck Water

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree. 

I would love to know why, good sir. 

I respect the research that you do about draft prospects and I respect your opinion in general.

What, in your opinion, would lead to the Bills drafting Higgins above Shenault? Or if it's more your own personal opinion than what you believe the Bills would do, then what leads you to said opinion?

7 hours ago, Logic said:

I respect the research that you do about draft prospects and I respect your opinion in general.

What, in your opinion, would lead to the Bills drafting Higgins above Shenault? Or if it's more your own personal opinion than what you believe the Bills would do, then what leads you to said opinion?

Because I think Higgins is better than Shenault. 

I don't really see Herbert as a Gruden QB. He is too quiet and polished

On 2/20/2020 at 2:52 PM, Logic said:

Shenault has a healthy dose of injury concerns. I'm not saying he would be a bad pick, but he has the waft of the Sammy Watkins about him

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 8:02 PM, Aussie Joe said:

Every mock I have seen has Detroit taking Jeff Okudah...

Seems surprisingly uniform to me..

They're in desperate need of secondary help and Okudah is the best DB prospect in the draft by far.  Assuming he runs a good 40 time he'll be slated for early 1st round and the Lions make a lot of sense.

But, if the Lions decide that Tua is the guy...Stafford could bridge for a year or two while Tua gets healthy and acclimated.  Dead cap if they cut Stafford is $19M in 2021, $14M in cap savings.

51 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

They're in desperate need of secondary help and Okudah is the best DB prospect in the draft by far.  Assuming he runs a good 40 time he'll be slated for early 1st round and the Lions make a lot of sense.

But, if the Lions decide that Tua is the guy...Stafford could bridge for a year or two while Tua gets healthy and acclimated.  Dead cap if they cut Stafford is $19M in 2021, $14M in cap savings.

The Lions are in desperate need of help at a lot of positions..

Anyway... let’s wait and see..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.