Beane quotes on trading in the draft, board setup and he actually talked about WR busts in RD1

Reed83HOF

Just now, Jauronimo said:

It appears by your ridiculous leap to a conclusion not supported by text that you're prone to ridiculous leaps of logic that are not supported by text.

It remains a FACT that Brandon Beane's  track record of drafting successful NFL WR's is non-existent.

Wow, Maybe less caffeine?? ? just shooting the breeze here is all, nuthin to get up about, have a nice evening. 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

He is a very interesting prospect right now and his ranking is ridiculously fluid. Freely admit I haven't made it to him yet. Allbright has him in play at 15 for Denver!

Gettleman

Reagor is a really talented dude. Obviously TBD to see if he pans out in the NFL, but he’s in that Stefon Diggs/Santonio Holmes mold where they’re under 6’0” but are great at climbing the ladder and making contested catches and have the explosiveness you generally don’t get with other contested catch guys. 

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, DCOrange said:

Reagor is a really talented dude. Obviously TBD to see if he pans out in the NFL, but he’s in that Stefon Diggs/Santonio Holmes mild where they’re under 6’0” but are great at climbing the ladder and making contested catches and have the explosiveness you generally don’t get with other contested catch guys. 

I think that is a better type of player than the 6'4" guy who runs a 4.7.

Not directed at you:

The GM who said we need a WR who is open when he is covered is Buddy Nix - has Beane ever said that or has it just become a board narrative?

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

This regime, sans Beane did do badly with the Zay pick, and I don’t think anyone thought KB would be as useless as he was,  in the end that was on Beane, but he did redeem himself somewhat bringing in JB & CB.  
  This draft will tell a fuller picture of Beane and his teams evaluation skills of college WRs who can make it in the NFL, I am confident they will get it right, fingers crossed ?.
  On game day though, you are right, it all depends on Allen tightening up his game, and using the assets the team provides him successfully. 

Go Bills!!!

If you are confident ? Then why cross your fingers ? lol

This will be a revealing year for McBeanes. I think he remains patient and diligent.
and i expect him to make additions without splash. Such as Clowney

or moving up in the 1st for a WR.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

We have gotten by without 2 on a strong defense so far

Then Bills are signing a FA. Wallace and or Johnson.

Need continuity imo

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Some QBs and WRs develop an embryonic relationship that grows into something that is difficult to explain.  WRs know where they need to go and what they need to do.  The QB knows what the WR is gonna do.  In order for Josh to be that special QB for the Bills, he needs a couple of WRs with that special relationship to him.

Perfect example of that is Stevie Johnson.  He worked with Fitzpatrick when both were backups and when the two became starters the catches exploded.  Stevie did not run perfect routes but he knew where he needed to be and Fitzpatrick was not having fit with WR because he did not "stick to plan".  The result: 3 1000+ yard seasons which had not occurred for Bills before and not duplicated since.  

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

If you are confident ? Then why cross your fingers ? lol

This will be a revealing year for McBeanes. I think he remains patient and diligent.
and i expect him to make additions without splash. Such as Clowney

or moving up in the 1st for a WR.

Then Bills are signing a FA. Wallace and or Johnson.

Need continuity imo

Fingers crossed because I’m a Bills fan, ???.

All kidding aside I do believe that Beane will do what’s needed, although maybe not what some might want him to do... 

Go Bills!!!

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not to sidetrack this but look at that 2014 roster.  It was arguably the best team in the last 20 years.  Whaley isn’t close to as bad as he is made out to be here. 

QB Kyle Orton          
RB Fred Jackson          
WR Sammy Watkins          
WR Robert Woods          
TE Lee Smith          
LT Cordy Glenn          
LG Kraig Urbik          
C Eric Wood          
RG Erik Pears          
RT Seantrel Henderson

uhhhhh.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

EJ played 4 games and was 2-2.  They ended Peyton’s td streak and beat Aaron Rodgers without any offensive td.  They would have beaten last year’s team but I digress. 

LOL they would NOT Have beaten last years bills team are you out of your mind? Some people are living in a fantasy world.  THIS bills team is "the best" bills team we have had in 20+ years and that's a fact, jack. 

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m so split on Shenault or an edge. I would say if Shenault is there with Epeness or Chaisson, I go edge. If both those guys are gone and you’re looking at Gross-Matos or Shenault, I take Shenault. 

I just think his fit and upside in this offense, along with this organizations seeming proficiency to deal with “injury prone” players (John Brown, Mitch Morse as examples), is perfect. I think it would allow Daboll to really show off some creativity. 

7 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I more concerned about guys who can quickly get separation for DBs and those who can stop, adjust for a ball and accelerate quickly once they start again. Players around 5'11 to 6'2 ish will fit in well. We just can't go after a slot only guy who is 5'9".

A TE who can catch & one who can stay healthy (preferably this is 1 player) could add plenty of size for us in the EZ as well. I feel like at times we get too locked into size and forget about the rest of the picture

One guy who I can’t get out of my head as a match for Daboll’s system is Lynn Bowden Jr (KY). 6’1 200 lb. HS QB who converted to WR, lit it up, then went back to QB this season after injuries to the starter and backup... He proceeded to light up the SEC on the ground like L Jackson (8+ YPC) after racking up 30 receptions in the first half of the season. I have no clue where he’s going to end up getting drafted due to the positional switch, but the kid just balls out.... Plus he screams process. Switched positions for the team, cut his dreads off because he was nominated to represent KY at SEC media day, etc. 

Uniformed claim issue list (to and from providers).pdf

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not to sidetrack this but look at that 2014 roster.  It was arguably the best team in the last 20 years.  Whaley isn’t close to as bad as he is made out to be here. 

So what happened after 2014?

Revisit his drafts in 15-16 for a laugh...

As The Godfather Gil Brandt says the month before the draft is liars month where no staff actually gives any real information, and is only about deception, and I believe that month extends all the way to now for both FA and the draft.  I wouldn’t do anything different, and keep a lid as an organization on any leaks with a risk of termination.  More leaks happen as lies coming from agents MSU ( making s#$@t up) to get the best possible play for their players.

For every 1st rd WR bust in the draft, you can follow up with guys like Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, OBJ ( even though he’s a pain in the ars).  There is risk with any position in RD 1.

13 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

IIRC, it is the same as BADOL's list - QB, Pass Rusher, LT, WR, CB 

Except he (Beane) includes middle linebacker and center. Having drafted Edmunds and give Morse a big deal though he presumably doesn't see either of those as "needs" at this moment. 

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

QB Kyle Orton          
RB Fred Jackson          
WR Sammy Watkins          
WR Robert Woods          
TE Lee Smith          
LT Cordy Glenn          
LG Kraig Urbik          
C Eric Wood          
RG Erik Pears          
RT Seantrel Henderson

uhhhhh.....

I think he meant 2015. The 2015 roster is the best roster the Bills have had in my time as a fan. Sadly it was also the worst coach we have had in my time as a fan. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, WhoTom said:

It would appear that Whaley selected Sammy in order to establish EJ as the QB. If we had a franchise QB in place at the time, I doubt he would have made such a go-for-broke gamble. Doug probably knew that if EJ didn't work out, his own days would be numbered anyway, so he had nothing to lose by giving it a shot. I respect him for going down with a fight, if nothing else.

Oh yeah....nevermind the fact that this move SCREWED the Bills over for a few years.  

Ugh Whaley was such a terrible GM.  Give me one example when a WR made a QB?  It NEVER happens which is why everyone laughed at Whaley and why we all laugh at any Bills fan who has blind loyalty to Doug.  He’s where he belongs - the island of Misfit and defective toys - the XFL

Edited by Phil The Thrill

I'm not a big fan of taking a WR in the 1st round, maybe ever - but especially this year. There will be guys in the 2nd and 3rd round that will out produce the guys in the 1st round and the talent is just as big a reason as opposed to other years when that's true, it's due to primarily where the WR goes (QB, scheme, etc.). People may not want to spend the 1st round pick on Defense, but make no mistake, this Defense needs another good OLB and as much as I like V. Joseph, right now he's a ST player that needs to grow. He can always evolve into a hybrid type of SS / LB to use but the Bills need a day 1 starting good OLB. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Oh yeah....nevermind the fact that this move SCREWED the Bills over for a few years.  

Ugh Whaley was such a terrible GM.  Give me one example when a WR made a QB?  It NEVER happens which is why everyone laughed at Whaley and why we all laugh at any Bills fan who has blind loyalty to Doug.  He’s where he belongs - the island of Misfit and defective toys - the XFL

I have often wondered how important Jerry Rice was to Joe Montana and Steve Young.  Not many teams have back to back HOF QBs.  Both were great QBs, but Rice is arguably the best ever at his position. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

As The Godfather Gil Brandt says the month before the draft is liars month where no staff actually gives any real information, and is only about deception, and I believe that month extends all the way to now for both FA and the draft.  I wouldn’t do anything different, and keep a lid as an organization on any leaks with a risk of termination.  More leaks happen as lies coming from agents MSU ( making s#$@t up) to get the best possible play for their players.

For every 1st rd WR bust in the draft, you can follow up with guys like Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, OBJ ( even though he’s a pain in the ars).  There is risk with any position in RD 1.

Listening to Beane, he in effect talks in circles always hedging his statements during this time of the year, but looking at his actions parred with his statements over a longer time period one can get a bit of an idea of what he may likely be aiming to do. Not that I would ever hedge my statements about his statements. ?

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1