What is the significance of wearing "18" at LSU?

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

This is interesting... I believe that DE (Chassion) that some have linked us to this draft season wears 18. 

https://lsusports.net/news/2019/8/1/211808181.aspx

BATON ROUGE – Two LSU standouts – both in the classroom and on the football field – have been awarded the No. 18 jersey as head coach Ed Orgeron presented center Lloyd Cushenberry III and outside linebacker K'Lavon Chaisson with the prestigious number on Thursday night.

Cushenberry, a junior from Dutchtown High School in Carville, becomes the first offensive lineman to wear No. 18. Chaisson is a redshirt sophomore from North Shore High School in Houston.

As an offensive lineman, the rules of college football prevent Cushenberry from actually wearing the No. 18 jersey so instead his No. 79 jersey will be accompanied by a No. 18 patch. Chaisson, who wore No. 4 a year ago, will wear No. 18 on the field.

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Wasn’t Jamal Adams taken #6 while Tre wore #18 and lasted until we took him? Nothing against Adams, but that tells you something about Tre. 

What does the fact that Adams was taken at 6 tell you about Tre, who, as you said , “lasted until we took him”.  I’m confused.

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Off the topic and I’m sure some guys here would hate this, but if we do trade up it’s my feeling we’d do it for a TE, not a WR.

Edit: autocorrect is f’ing out of control.  I typed “DE” not TE, and I meant DE not TE.

I actually agree with you.  Beane is incredibly smart and strategic with his draft choices.  He knows we need a WR.  He also knows how deep this draft class is.  And we all know that DE is on the top of our needs list as well.  I think it's far more important building a defense first and I think a DE is more valuable than a WR.  This is why I think no matter if we stay put, move up, or fall back in the draft, we'll be drafting a DE in the first and a WR in the second.

9 hours ago, mannc said:

What does the fact that Adams was taken at 6 tell you about Tre, who, as you said , “lasted until we took him”.  I’m confused.

It tells me how much the people on the inside of the program thought about Tre. Everyone on the outside knew the big name guy, the guys on the inside thought extremely highly of Tre. 

22 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seriously? 

You come into a thread on its 5th day where the answer was already provided by several people and is being compared to Syr and various players who wore it debated.....

and you bring "let me google this for you"?

This has been talked about a few times on here especially with Tre White.  No disrespect meant but most of what was talked about was readily available in a quick google search.