Name 3 Guys You Want To See The Bills Draft In 2020

H2o

27 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Traditional DE will be addressed for sure but the way they used Oliver imo shows they have flexibility along the line, you can play him any down at multiple positions. As far as SAM Alexander was pretty much ideal just old...built right and great instincts. It's one of the bigger issues to address 

They will draft a linebacker somewhere - I'm certain of it. Probably day 3. They might sign a cheaper vet too. If they draft Chaisson I think they are drafting him to rush the passer as a defensive end in their base package.

Day One

Jedrick Willis OT Alabama -  I only say this because I did a mock draft last week and he somehow fell to 22. He gets installed at RT, Ford moves to guard and the OL just became better in both run and pass blocking. He'll never fall that low. Ruggs might fall that low though. If not, one of the bigger WRs.

Day Two

Denzel Mims - WR Baylor

The concern was whether he could get off the line, but might have partially ended those concerns at the Senior Bowl. He had a great week. Some said his stock rose higher than any player there.

He was productive in college, he's got size and great hands. He'd be a  fit.

Day 3

Shaquille Quarterman - LB MIami

He wouldn't be the choice of many for LB....but there's something about him. He might be a liability in pass D...maybe..possibly. But he's not exactly slow and he can be used in short area zone. 

On the other hand...he can move through a blitz lane when called on. Most importantly, when he hits a ball carrier, forward progress ends. 

A two time 1st team All ACC player, puts up about 90 tackles per year, team captain and emotional leader. A McD type of player. If you're looking for a guy to back you up in a brawl, its him. So yeah, I'd want him on my team.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Willekes is definitely a guy I want us to draft

1.Judge Jeudy

2.Shane Lemieux

3.Kenny Willekes

Given that Judge Judy is now 77 years old, I don't think she would make for a good draft acquisition.

Her net worth of $500 million would also make her unlikely to accept the health risks of the NFL.  

Hard pass.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Given that Judge Judy is now 77 years old, I don't think she would make for a good draft acquisition.

Her net worth of $500 million would also make her unlikely to accept the health risks of the NFL.  

Hard pass.

Maybe we should hire her as a full time consultant... Tell us what we can get away with and when. Total Belicheat move!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/17/2020 at 2:48 PM, H2o said:

3. Kenny Willekes / DE / Michigan St. -  Willekes is a process guy if there ever was one. He went from being a walk on @ MSU to a 2nd Team All American. He is relentless on the field and has excellent lateral mobility for a DE. He also just seems to have a knack for sniffing out and then getting in to make tackles on running plays. The knock on him, apparently, is his power, but I've I've seen him bull rush his way through or straight throw out of the way the OT in front of him. You also better not let your TE try to block him 1 on 1. He will need to be coached up a bit on not getting caught with his eyes in the backfield so he maintains his edge, but I believe he could be a nice get for someone late Day 2/early Day 3. 

I see Willekes as a replacement for Alexander/Murphy. High floor low ceiling though. I’d be happy if they nabbed him in the 3rd. 

For the OPs exercise I’ll throw a few options for different positions....

DE: Epenesa (1st), Anae(2nd)

CB: CJ Henderson (1st), Bryce Hall (2-3)

RB: Zack Moss (3rd), Vaughn (4th), Perine (4-5)

WR: Ruggs (1st), Reagor (1-2), Lynn Bowden (2-?), V Jefferson (3-4)

LB: not seeing it till late

TE: Kmet (2nd)

OL: no clue this year. If Beane sees value it’ll be from left field or what most consider a drop. 

• Like (+1) 1

OK, I already listed Van Jefferson.   

Here's another guy that's growing on me that seems to fit what Beane looks for (as a good replacement for Alexander):

3. K’Lavon Chaisson, LSU (6-3, 239, 4.64)

Houston (North Shore), redshirt sophomore. Age: 20.74

A two-year starter at LSU, Chaisson played the “Buck” linebacker position in defensive coordinator Dave Aranda’s scheme, lining up primarily in a stand-up rush position. He was awarded LSU’s coveted No. 18 jersey prior to the 2019 season (along with center Lloyd Cushenberry), which is presented to a player with high character who “does all the right things.”

Chaisson screams off the edge with the ankle flexion, body bend and length to capture the corner. Although he tends to slow down once engaged and must develop his counters, his twitchy athleticism also shows in coverage, carrying backs and tight ends up and down the field. Overall, Chaisson wasn’t a big-time producer at LSU and is still maturing physically and emotionally as a football player, but his explosive ability to rush and cover fits today’s NFL, projecting as a high-ceiling edge defender.

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2020/02/18120709/EDGE-Chaisson.mp4?_=2

All-22 takeaway:  The theme of Chaisson’s LSU tape was athletic versatility. On one snap he was lined up across from receiver Henry Ruggs in the slot, and the next he was rushing off the edge versus the tackle. One of the ways he shows that versatility is with his quick feet and bend to stunt/loop through different gaps. Bringing his instant speed from different angles is a nightmare for the quarterback.

Edited by Lurker