Name 3 Guys You Want To See The Bills Draft In 2020

H2o

14 hours ago, H2o said:

1. Chase Claypool / WR / Notre Dame - I've watched the young man play and develop at ND over the last 4 years. He has grown by leaps and bounds despite the inconsistent QB play he has had to deal with. He offers the big-bodied target Josh would love to have, has good hands, excellent body control, runs a solid route tree for a guy his size, has the speed to get behind a defender, and will go up to get the ball at it's highest point. Likely Day 2 selection. 

2. AJ Dillon / RB / Boston College - AJ is a RB in an edge defender's body. He will straight run guys over, throw them off of him, has decently nimble feet for a 250lb RB, and has shown some breakaway speed when he hits the open field. I believe he would be the perfect compliment to Singletary in this offense. He can catch the ball, though he would need to work on that part of his game of course, even though he wasn't really used that way at BC. Likely an early/mid Day 3 selection.

3. Kenny Willekes / DE / Michigan St. -  Willekes is a process guy if there ever was one. He went from being a walk on @ MSU to a 2nd Team All American. He is relentless on the field and has excellent lateral mobility for a DE. He also just seems to have a knack for sniffing out and then getting in to make tackles on running plays. The knock on him, apparently, is his power, but I've I've seen him bull rush his way through or straight throw out of the way the OT in front of him. You also better not let your TE try to block him 1 on 1. He will need to be coached up a bit on not getting caught with his eyes in the backfield so he maintains his edge, but I believe he could be a nice get for someone late Day 2/early Day 3. 

H2O, I typically like you’re posts, and like the choices.  If we can get Dillon in the 5th or later, perfect, and I’m fine with bundling a couple of the later picks to move up for 2 WR’s, and a DE.  You’re choices at those positions are solid.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DCOrange said:

1. Jalen Reagor. I assume Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs are out of reach and Reagor is the next best WR IMO. 

2. Edwards-Hellaire. I love him as a prospect. I don’t think Buffalo will go for him but I would love it if they did. 

3. Amik Robertson. Undersized slot corner and doesn’t really have the elite athleticism you look for to make up for it but the way he plays seems like a good fit with McD and I think he can be had on Day 3.

Just missing out is Bryan Edwards, the South Carolina WR. 

Reagor: 5'11"

Edwards-Helaire: 5'8"

Amik Robertson: 5'9"

That is just what this team needs, to go smaller? Our existing RB's are too small to be of much use in pass pro, our WR's are too short for red zone duty and we need long CB's that can play zone. All three of these guys are intriguing and talented but seem to be the opposite of what we need.

9 hours ago, VirginiaMike said:

With an assumption that you can not be sure who may be available - Here you go:

1.  A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa

2.  Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC

3.  J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State

I'd be thrilled with that draft.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

H2O, I typically like you’re posts, and like the choices.  If we can get Dillon in the 5th or later, perfect, and I’m fine with bundling a couple of the later picks to move up for 2 WR’s, and a DE.  You’re choices at those positions are solid.

H2O, consider you’re three guys, DiMarco is cut for Dillon as he could be a hybrid RB battering ram at 6’0” 250lbs. so a Carson from Seattle type guy, plus doubling up for Singletary as a FB for if Spotrac is right another significant savings.  If you add to a Murphy, Kroft, and Smith cut, that is around $17 mil extra in cap space so just under $99 mil in space affording Ngakoue, and Hooper.  We go to 3 TE’s keeping Sweeney, and Hooper is at the top of the list, a big upgrade at DE and TE, and if we wanted to keep Yeldon or McKenzie as a hybrid pass catching RB or WR for gadget plays, we have more than enough talent added to offense.

Then we add you’re guys in the draft so two more WR’s, another edge rusher where we don’t have to keep Lawson, as well as Dillon, and we can keep up against the AFCW, NFCW, and the Pats less Brady.  Match made in heaven.  Extend who we want, hold back for Milano and White next year, Allen in a couple of years, have a young and growing team, and bye bye Pats as AFCE whipping boys.  There will still be $ in the cap to keep this train running for at least a couple of years and I’m not afraid of any AFC team.

Make it so Mc Beane.  You can still get some economical role players this year.  We don’t need 9 picks as they’ll never all make the team.  Pick up 5-6 by bundling, and getting better players, and we have replenished starters.  Think about a stud WR, RB, TE group, better edge rushing, H Phillips replenishing our interior, and no we can’t have everything, but we don’t go after these 30+ somethings on the decline of their career.

4 hours ago, Mickey said:

Reagor: 5'11"

Edwards-Helaire: 5'8"

Amik Robertson: 5'9"

That is just what this team needs, to go smaller? Our existing RB's are too small to be of much use in pass pro, our WR's are too short for red zone duty and we need long CB's that can play zone. All three of these guys are intriguing and talented but seem to be the opposite of what we need.

RB size doesn’t really matter at all IMO and CEH is a tank. 

Reagor is a better “big” WR than someone like Shenault. 

Robertson is legitimately a question mark as far as that goes and that’s why he’ll be taken where later. 

53 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

H2O, consider you’re three guys, DiMarco is cut for Dillon as he could be a hybrid RB battering ram at 6’0” 250lbs. so a Carson from Seattle type guy, plus doubling up for Singletary as a FB for if Spotrac is right another significant savings.  If you add to a Murphy, Kroft, and Smith cut, that is around $17 mil extra in cap space so just under $99 mil in space affording Ngakoue, and Hooper.  We go to 3 TE’s keeping Sweeney, and Hooper is at the top of the list, a big upgrade at DE and TE, and if we wanted to keep Yeldon or McKenzie as a hybrid pass catching RB or WR for gadget plays, we have more than enough talent added to offense.

Then we add you’re guys in the draft so two more WR’s, another edge rusher where we don’t have to keep Lawson, as well as Dillon, and we can keep up against the AFCW, NFCW, and the Pats less Brady.  Match made in heaven.  Extend who we want, hold back for Milano and White next year, Allen in a couple of years, have a young and growing team, and bye bye Pats as AFCE whipping boys.  There will still be $ in the cap to keep this train running for at least a couple of years and I’m not afraid of any AFC team.

Make it so Mc Beane.  You can still get some economical role players this year.  We don’t need 9 picks as they’ll never all make the team.  Pick up 5-6 by bundling, and getting better players, and we have replenished starters.  Think about a stud WR, RB, TE group, better edge rushing, H Phillips replenishing our interior, and no we can’t have everything, but we don’t go after these 30+ somethings on the decline of their career.

Not really sure on AJ's blocking prowess in regards to the running game (though I expect at 250lbs, and with his physicality, it would work out well), but I know he holds up fine in pass pro. I do think that multiple RB sets with both he and Singletary in the backfield at the same time could be quite effective. I don't really expect them to cut guys like Dimarco, Kroft, and Smith (Lord knows I wish they would cut that penalty machine) though. For some reason they like Dimarco, though I don't fully comprehend the purpose he serves. I think Kroft gets a pass in hopes he has a completely healthy offseason/TC to see if he can prove his worth. Smith, :wallbash:, I guess they feel is "needed" for veteran leadership and as a blocker (though he is more a blocker of drives with every false start or holding call). I would personally like if we kept Yeldon and actually utilized him because he's a decent option in all three areas (running, catching, blocking). He's not great in any one, but he is solid and can help spread out the touches more so everyone is fresh. 

As far as FA goes, I don't expect us to chase any of the TE's like Hooper or Henry. I think they like Knox, Kroft, and Sweeney as their young group. I also think that re-signing Lawson is more likely than us chasing Clowney or Ngakoue. Beane is big on re-signing their own and Lawson has shown some solid improvement over the last two seasons. I think outside of re-signing Lawson the only players added will be through the draft. I also think they keep Murphy as the cut would just create another hole in our depth and we already have over $80,000,000 in cap room as it is. I am hoping our main focus in FA will be an accomplished, good RT like Conklin. I just think an OL of Dawkins-Ford-Morse-Feliciano-Conklin would be as solid as we could get and a GREAT help for Josh. 

As far as the draft as a whole goes, I would love it if YGM made it to us in the 1st. Not highly likely, but one can hope. I think YGM is a young Strahan. Penn St. used him in all sorts of weird ways this past season and it affected his production. But make no mistake about it, the guy is going to be a good (if not great) pass rusher in this league for a long time. This is just my personal hope, but I expect him to go off of the board between 10-19. I do believe right now, even with all of the 1st Round WR projections out there, our 1st Round pick will be on the defensive side of the ball. My feeling right now is their target is K'Lavon Chiasson for his outstanding athleticism and versatility. He is an athletic freak who at 6'4" and 250lbs can cover a slot receiver or get to the QB off of the edge with his hand in the dirt. He will be used just like Lorax, but I fully expect him to be much more productive and give us another level of coverage ability, blitz packaging in our base defense. 

Imagine if this were our FA:

Jack Conklin / RT

Logan Ryan / CB

Kevin Johnson / CB (re-signed)

Shaq Lawson / DE (re-signed)

Corey Liuget / DT (re-signed)

Robby Anderson or Breshad Perriman / WR (short, 2 year type of deal)

Then throw in this draft:

1. K'Lavon Chiasson / LB-DE / LSU

2. Antione Winfield Jr. / S / Minnesota

3. Chase Claypool / WR / Notre Dame

4. Kenny Willekes / DE / Michigan St. 

5a. AJ Dillon / RB / Boston College

5b. AJ Green / CB / Oklahoma St. 

5c. Michael Onwenu / G / Michigan (move two 6th's to get back into the 5th)

6. Omar Bayless / WR / Arkansas St. 

I think we would be poised to be in a good position for years to come as far as our cap standing goes and the amount of young talent we would be amassing on this team. 

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

RB size doesn’t really matter at all IMO and CEH is a tank. 

Reagor is a better “big” WR than someone like Shenault. 

Robertson is legitimately a question mark as far as that goes and that’s why he’ll be taken where later. 

Fair enough but I think that when it comes to pass-pro, size and strength matters. Edwards-Helaire is not likely to be any better than Singletary who is awful at pass-pro. Not having a RB on the roster who can take out a blitzing LB is a pretty big roster hole. Not a fan of Shenault, I suffer from post-traumatic-Watkins foot injury syndrome. Maybe Ceedee Lamb will fall to us and we won't have to worry about it. 

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Not really sure on AJ's blocking prowess in regards to the running game (though I expect at 250lbs, and with his physicality, it would work out well), but I know he holds up fine in pass pro. I do think that multiple RB sets with both he and Singletary in the backfield at the same time could be quite effective. I don't really expect them to cut guys like Dimarco, Kroft, and Smith (Lord knows I wish they would cut that penalty machine) though. For some reason they like Dimarco, though I don't fully comprehend the purpose he serves. I think Kroft gets a pass in hopes he has a completely healthy offseason/TC to see if he can prove his worth. Smith, :wallbash:, I guess they feel is "needed" for veteran leadership and as a blocker (though he is more a blocker of drives with every false start or holding call). I would personally like if we kept Yeldon and actually utilized him because he's a decent option in all three areas (running, catching, blocking). He's not great in any one, but he is solid and can help spread out the touches more so everyone is fresh. 

As far as FA goes, I don't expect us to chase any of the TE's like Hooper or Henry. I think they like Knox, Kroft, and Sweeney as their young group. I also think that re-signing Lawson is more likely than us chasing Clowney or Ngakoue. Beane is big on re-signing their own and Lawson has shown some solid improvement over the last two seasons. I think outside of re-signing Lawson the only players added will be through the draft. I also think they keep Murphy as the cut would just create another hole in our depth and we already have over $80,000,000 in cap room as it is. I am hoping our main focus in FA will be an accomplished, good RT like Conklin. I just think an OL of Dawkins-Ford-Morse-Feliciano-Conklin would be as solid as we could get and a GREAT help for Josh. 

As far as the draft as a whole goes, I would love it if YGM made it to us in the 1st. Not highly likely, but one can hope. I think YGM is a young Strahan. Penn St. used him in all sorts of weird ways this past season and it affected his production. But make no mistake about it, the guy is going to be a good (if not great) pass rusher in this league for a long time. This is just my personal hope, but I expect him to go off of the board between 10-19. I do believe right now, even with all of the 1st Round WR projections out there, our 1st Round pick will be on the defensive side of the ball. My feeling right now is their target is K'Lavon Chiasson for his outstanding athleticism and versatility. He is an athletic freak who at 6'4" and 250lbs can cover a slot receiver or get to the QB off of the edge with his hand in the dirt. He will be used just like Lorax, but I fully expect him to be much more productive and give us another level of coverage ability, blitz packaging in our base defense. 

Jack Conklin / RT

Logan Ryan / CB

I think we would be poised to be in a good position for years to come as far as our cap standing goes and the amount of young talent we would be amassing on this team. 

My worry with that draft and FA pool is that it doesn't give us any true difference maker. Conklin is a good player. I am a big Robby Anderson guy (wanted us to draft him) and Chaisson is talented but I think a bit raw and I don't think he will have a huge impact as a rookie. I think the Bills need more elite talent. Not more good, solid football players. I don't hate any of the moves you have suggested. But this is too steady as she goes for my tastes. I think the Bills need to be aggressive in getting better this offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

Jack Conklin / RT

Logan Ryan / CB

Love it all but Id probably even double dip with WR in round 2.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My worry with that draft and FA pool is that it doesn't give us any true difference maker. Conklin is a good player. I am a big Robby Anderson guy (wanted us to draft him) and Chaisson is talented but I think a bit raw and I don't think he will have a huge impact as a rookie. I think the Bills need more elite talent. Not more good, solid football players. I don't hate any of the moves you have suggested. But this is too steady as she goes for my tastes. I think the Bills need to be aggressive in getting better this offseason.

I think Conklin coming in to play RT and Ryan coming in to start opposite of Tre would have a huge effect on this team as a whole. I think Chiasson could slide right into the Alexander role and be more effective at it, in coverage and still getting 6+ sacks as a rookie because he is that talented. He may not be elite out of the gate, but I do believe he has the potential to be. I think in adding Perriman/Anderson, Claypool, and Bayless that Josh would finally have some play makers, with a huge catch radius, who can be those size mismatches all over the field for opposing team's DB's. I really like Willekes as well, even though I know some are not as high on him due to various reasons, and I think he also would add some juice to our edge group. I think Dillon is gonna do some damage and could easily come in to put up the numbers Gore put up, without all of the runs for no gain or short losses. I do however understand your point though and would not be mad in the slightest if things shake out a bit different, but I do want us to get Claypool, Willekes, and Dillon for sure. :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think Conklin coming in to play RT and Ryan coming in to start opposite of Tre would have a huge effect on this team as a whole. I think Chiasson could slide right into the Alexander role and be more effective at it, in coverage and still getting 6+ sacks as a rookie because he is that talented. He may not be elite out of the gate, but I do believe he has the potential to be. I think in adding Perriman/Anderson, Claypool, and Bayless that Josh would finally have some play makers, with a huge catch radius, who can be those size mismatches all over the field for opposing team's DB's. I really like Willekes as well, even though I know some are not as high on him due to various reasons, and I think he also would add some juice to our edge group. I think Dillon is gonna do some damage and could easily come in to put up the numbers Gore put up, without all of the runs for no gain or short losses. I do however understand your point though and would not be mad in the slightest if things shake out a bit different, but I do want us to get Claypool, Willekes, and Dillon for sure. :thumbsup:

Just on Chaisson I see him as an edge rusher. Not sure he is built to play the LoRax role. He did play as a linebacker for much of the year at LSU but that was on the outside as an edge setter and rusher. When they transitioned to more 4 man fronts later in the season he played more as an end.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Just on Chaisson I see him as an edge rusher. Not sure he is built to play the LoRax role. He did play as a linebacker for much of the year at LSU but that was on the outside as an edge setter and rusher. When they transitioned to more 4 man fronts later in the season he played more as an end.

Nobody can play that role lol they used him at DT, DE, WLB just creating looks...it was a little crazy at times this season

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean he isn't going to line up at DT as noted by GoBills808 for sure, but I think he would do well from an athletic standpoint playing LB for an early down or so and then being put on the line as an edge rusher. I think he truly has that versatility to his game. He has great closing speed when getting after whoever has the ball, be it the QB or someone else. Granted I only expect him to play LB when we are in our base defense then I expect him to be on the edge when we go to our Nickel packages with Milano being the other LB on the field alongside Edmunds. I think an edge group of Hughes, Lawson, Chiasson, Willekes, and Murphy would be quite a formidable one when you look at them as a whole. 

36 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Nobody can play that role lol they used him at DT, DE, WLB just creating looks...it was a little crazy at times this season

Oh quite. There isn't another Lorenzo out there.

My point is more I expect him to be more of an edge rusher even in base looks than someone who plays as a strong side backer.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Oh quite. There isn't another Lorenzo out there.

My point is more I expect him to be more of an edge rusher even in base looks than someone who plays as a strong side backer.

Traditional DE will be addressed for sure but the way they used Oliver imo shows they have flexibility along the line, you can play him any down at multiple positions. As far as SAM Alexander was pretty much ideal just old...built right and great instincts. It's one of the bigger issues to address