Lions ProBowl CB Darius Slay is on the block - Rams in on it

Reed83HOF

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Missing in all this -at least for me, is WHY? Behavior/attitude/criminal charges? I haven’t seen or read anything about it. If it’s any of these things, he’s not ‘Process’. It would be fantastic though to add ANOTHER great CB!

He wasn’t that good this year

• Thank you (+1) 1

If there's an area to trust McDermott, it's in the secondary. I highly doubt he's doing to trade for a guy and then pay him big bucks when he has had tons of success signing 2nd and 3rd tier guys and getting them to play well, and finding gems in the draft or even undrafted free agents.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Their insistence on getting rid of him has never made sense to me... 

He'd be a great #2 CB on our team but unfortunately wants to get paid like a #1 somewhere else. He's a very good corner who's trying to lock down an elite contract way over his value. And in no way, shape or form is he worth anything above a 3rd round pick as far as draft compensation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

He'd be a great #2 CB on our team but unfortunately wants to get paid like a #1 somewhere else. He's a very good corner who's trying to lock down an elite contract way over his value. And in no way, shape or form is he worth anything above a 3rd round pick as far as draft compensation.

I think he’s worth more to a team that doesn’t have to pay a top corner in the coming years. I could see them getting a second for him, I just don’t understand the decision to trade an all-pro, pro bowl player. My guess is it’s a scheme thing and Patricia cant dare to have guys who aren’t “his guys”

11 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Slay is all about the money. I believe he threatened to hold out before and the Lion’s fan at work said this would happen. I assume he is leveraging for another contract and the Lions want no part of it. 

I’ve never known a Lions fan. What’s it like?

17 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

To me, in this age of football you need two dominant Corners to win in this league. We have one mad need another. If we are ever going to beat the Chiefs especially we need to be really good in the secondary and up front

True on dominant CBs and D lines,  but isn’t that second CB generally  a really good up and comer, or a solid vet and is paid less? A question for those that track contracts, are there any teams with two CBs making #1CB money?

Go Bills!!!

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are obsessed with trading for expensive corners. Do they even have any valuable picks to trade?

If there’s any validity to it, then it most likely would involve Donald, I would think.  But it’s the Lions, so watch it be for Gurely...

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are obsessed with trading for expensive corners. Do they even have any valuable picks to trade?

What are the Rams going to give them for Slay?  They have almost no 1st and 2nd rounders for a while.

How are they going to get him under the cap with everyone else???

This doesn't make much sense to me.