Could This Guy be a TE on Beane's Radar ?

T master

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

At this point in the off season, there is a lot of speculation and misinformation being tossed around.  I don't believe that TE is a pressing need.  When a guy like Olsen becomes available, it just makes good sense to kick the tires and see if you can make an incremental improvement in the roster.  If they sign Olsen, one of the other guys will become expendable.  In any event, this isn't going to be a big deal that alters the potential of the team to any great degree.

Our tight ends aren’t that good.  Why are there so many content with having 2 developmental tight ends as our 1 and 2, while Kroft, smith and croom are wasting roster spots 

if we want to win a Sb, we need to upgrade the TE position imo

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Our tight ends aren’t that good.  Why are there so many content with having 2 developmental tight ends as our 1 and 2, while Kroft, smith and croom are wasting roster spots 

No doubt

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

But not with an old, injured TE.

32 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

But not with an old, injured TE.

You can make stuff up if you like, but he’s not injured.  He played fine last year and had double our TEs production and a rookie qb throwing to him.  

wake up

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I just don’t understand the floating of these 30+ guys, when you could have a 4 years vet, 25 yard. Austin Hooper and ATL only has $5 mil in cap space.  He’s unrestricted and don’t have to give up picks, or big $, or worry about the guy getting hurt or wearing down as much as the guy mentioned above.  It’s a business, and whatever he’s done in the past won’t help now.

I would 100% like to see us make a big push for Hooper.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

Has T master and Tipster ever been seen in the same room together?

If only one of them were in the same room they would be together.....

Get me?

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Can we make it a ban-able offense to make click bait titles?

It literally makes me want to claw my skin off 

Do it!!

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

With the needs at WR, O-line, pass rusher, D-line, and CB; the need for TE falls down in the priority.  That was the point of my previous post.  After spending a third and seventh round pick last year on two guys that have shown pretty good potential, Beane won't be giving up on them to spend big bucks or more high round draft picks on more guys.  He may replace Smith, Kroft, and Croom with better second tier veterans.  This is what the whole Olsen thing is about.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I agree completely. Right now there's absolutely zero guarantee Knox develops or improves. He might but who knows. Sweeny is nothing more than a young 7th round project. Probably no longevity there. After that we have nothing. Kroft, Smith & Croom bring nothing to this team and whatever their making is just charity. All 3 need to be cut. Unless we sign Henry or Hooper, our TE group will continue to be awful. And please stop with the 35+ mentorship program Sean is running. Big no to Olsen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I just don’t understand the floating of these 30+ guys, when you could have a 4 years vet, 25 yard. Austin Hooper and ATL only has $5 mil in cap space.  He’s unrestricted and don’t have to give up picks, or big $, or worry about the guy getting hurt or wearing down as much as the guy mentioned above.  It’s a business, and whatever he’s done in the past won’t help now.

True.

But the player has to want to come to Buffalo. 

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

With the needs at WR, O-line, pass rusher, D-line, and CB; the need for TE falls down in the priority.  That was the point of my previous post.  After spending a third and seventh round pick last year on two guys that have shown pretty good potential, Beane won't be giving up on them to spend big bucks or more high round draft picks on more guys.  He may replace Smith, Kroft, and Croom with better second tier veterans.  This is what the whole Olsen thing is about.

I promise you that Sweeney will not be our #2 TE and that we will be upgrading the position.  The two best TEs in the game played in the SB.  The position does matter and Beane knows it must be upgraded if we want this offense it’s best chance to succeed.  

Any other thought process is a failure imo.  We need to upgrade that room

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I promise you that Sweeney will not be our #2 TE and that we will be upgrading the position.  The two best TEs in the game played in the SB.  The position does matter and Beane knows it must be upgraded if we want this offense it’s best chance to succeed.  

Any other thought process is a failure imo.  We need to upgrade that room

Based on your response, I suppose you are expecting a TE to be drafted in the first couple of rounds or obtained in a high profile trade.  I don't see any difference makers being available in free agency.   I guess we'll see if you are correct.  I doubt it but we'll have to wait and see.