Sign One, Trade One, Draft One, GO!

Dkollidas

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

With Shaq Lawson having the same as Donald and Ngakoue, in a lot fewer snaps, @ 9 in total. I think it's also good to note that Clowney had 17 QB hurries credited to him if we are making that case, Shaq with 12, and Ngakoue with 9 (Shaq having played the fewest snaps of all 3 players and Ngakoue having played the most). 

Sure.

My point is that yes, sacks are important, but they’re not the only measuring stick when it comes to rushing the passer.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Sure.

My point is that yes, sacks are important, but they’re not the only measuring stick when it comes to rushing the passer.

Agreed. I like Clowney as a player, though I don't see them ponying up the cash to get him nor do I know if he sees this as a situation he wants to come in to. There are many different things to look at outside of the sack numbers. Hurries, knockdowns, pressures, and sacks are all important. They help paint the whole picture. 

1 hour ago, T master said:

This will be my FA pick to fill Lorenzo leaving i think it would be a good get & after last year he could be looking for a new home & like what he sees here in B/Lo ! 

Joe Shobert LB i think he plays the same side as Zo did too ?? He will be looking for a new contract & Beane may be able to dangle a big enough carrot in front of him to get it done not to mention if Poyer may know him he might be able to throw dude a phone call or 2 to give him some incentive to come over ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102190/article/hiring-of-berry-might-bode-well-for-joe-schobert-return

Sign - Shobert to replace Zo 

Trade for -  Devonte Freemon RB it should be a low pick & could bolster the room 

draft -  Laviska Shenault 

Shobert is a great choice since Kuechly retired... I'd rather trade for TJ Watt but we know that isn't happening:cry:

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Because there’s more to pass rushing than sacks.

He’s 4th in TFLs over the last 4 seasons behind Donald, Chandler Jones, and Cam Jordan.

He’s 3rd in QB pressures over the last 3 seasons.

He’s a monster against the run.

And all of that has come in defensive schemes that aren’t tailored to speed-to-power conversion rushers like Clowney (McDermott’s D is perfect for that, which is why guys like Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy racked up sacks in that scheme and didn’t elsewhere).

All that said:

Sign Clowney

Trade for AJ Green

Draft Brandon Aiyuk

Agree with every word on the Clowney explanation and your sign, trade, draft is the best so far. If you have traded for AJ Green (what are you anticipating the compensation being btw?) then I think you absolutely target more of a speed guy in the draft.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree with every word on the Clowney explanation and your sign, trade, draft is the best so far. If you have traded for AJ Green (what are you anticipating the compensation being btw?) then I think you absolutely target more of a speed guy in the draft.

I have no idea re: Green. I think Old Salty will want a 1st, but my gut tells me that a 3rd this year and a conditional in 2021 gets it done.

As for the draft, I really, really like Aiyuk. Speed is there, but there’s so much more to be mined from him. He is athletic, powerful, and I like that he already runs his routes with precision. What I’m finding to be really important for me is consistency with which a guy comes off the LOS. I want to see the same burst/effort coming out of the blocks whether it’s a deep ball, slant, curl, or a run play. When you get to the NFL, you’ve got to recognize that you’re someone’s key on every play. A savvy safety is going to know from film study that you come off the LOS differently on run vs pass plays. I love that Aiyuk has the attention to detail for small things like keeping his body position consistent and really exploding out of the gate on every snap.

Once he learns to really exploit his steps and leveraged against top corners, he could be a legit WR1.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Sign: Jack Conklin / RT

Trade For: Chandler Jones / DE

Draft: Henry Ruggs III / WR

Bolded are spot on for me as well. 

I'm good with Ruggs or Shenault at WR.

Nice job :)

These 3 pieces would serve huge dividends for the Bills over the next few years. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let's sign free agent Jamie Collins to replace Lorax as our veteran at LB. 

Let's trade Cleveland a 2021 1st round pick to take Myles Garrett off their hands. McD can have a come to Jesus talk with him and set him on the straight and narrow.

Then let's draft Kristian Fulton CB in the 1st to add a second shut down corner, Tyler Johnson in the 2nd to be our #1 wr in training and Michael Pittman Jr in the 3rd to be our new big bodied possession wr. 

Edited by Motorin'

Ok hear we go

Sign rt Bryan buligan Green Bay Packers

Move beloved Ford to left guard where he belongs maybe people will stop winning than doubt it

Cut shanks a lot your punter

Sign an xl guy from Dallas that was punting for 50+

Draft move assets 2 5s and a third for another 2 ( we can always dream) 

1 draft edge

2nd wr/lb

2nd rb or best of wr/lb

7 hours ago, nucci said:

why trade out of the 1st round? 

Depth of the draft is at edge and WR the positions most of need.  You will get the same quality player at 35 as they will at 22 and an extra pick. 

2nd round picks would be cheaper. The downside is the length of the contract the team can offer.

Edited by Ethan in Portland

Sign AJ Green - he’s still got a couple elite years left in him. Definitely would take the chance even though he’s been injured a lot lately. Big target, awesome route runner and great locker room guy.

Draft AJ Epenesa - I love Lamb and think he’s an amazingly special talent and if he’s there let’s do it but this is a deep WR draft and if we land Green I think we can grab Denzel Mims (kid has grown on me a lot) in the 3rd round to learn from green. Epenesa is all hustle and is the kind of Linemen I see McDermott falling in love with.

Trade for Darius Slay - Lions and Slay aren’t working out. No idea if he would want to come to buffalo but we could sell him on having the best CB tandem in the league. If we could give up a 2nd rounder and Trent Murphy for him I’d be stoked. 

• Like (+1) 1