Sign One, Trade One, Draft One, GO!

Dkollidas

Basically like the interview scene in step brothers, except in this version, you’re the Bills, and you have to sign a free agent, trade for a player (either a player still on contract or a hypothetical where a free agent that gets tagged and traded, i.e. Matt Judon/AJ Green), and the one player you want drafted (any round, but preferably someone who would be available at 22. 

Should be switched closer to Marry, F-*****, Kill. Your options seems all win-win. 

You can only do one of each Re-sign, Cut, Trade away (Realistically) for a 3rd or higher. Or something like that. You only get one of each for the season and the rest stay on the roster. 

Lawson, Lee Smith, Singletary. 

Singletary because I think while good, he’s not great nor has the skill set to carry the kid long term. If we could flip his pick even for a high 3rd or low 2nd I’d take it in this scenario. 

Edit: Might be worth it to narrow it to 22 starters for this and make it more interesting. Let’s be honest, most of ya are cutting Lee Smith. 

Edited by Mango

Sign Jadaveon Clowney-  I realize he’s not likely to hit the market but he’s my FA #1 until he’s not

Draft-  still don’t know.  Chaisson, Epenesa, any of the OTs, so many WRs.  I’m leaning towards WR in rd 2 and OT or pass rusher rd 1.  I really want lamb or jeudy badly but they won’t be there at 22.  

trade-  I’d trade Cody ford if I can get a 2nd.

maybe a 3rd.  Watching him play RT made me sad

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, MJS said:

Are people excited for Clowney's 3 sacks in 2019? The dude has never gotten double digits. Why is he so coveted around here?

His name is bigger than his game. But to give credit where it’s due the 3-4 games he actually is 100% healthy for each season are quite impressive. 

38 minutes ago, MJS said:

Are people excited for Clowney's 3 sacks in 2019? The dude has never gotten double digits. Why is he so coveted around here?

His name is bigger than his game. But to give credit where it’s due the 3-4 games he actually is 100% healthy for each season are quite impressive. 

As for the post. I’m signing jack Conklin 

and trading for deandre Hopkins but I can’t draft anyone cause I haven’t scouted as low as we’d be picking if he traded for Hopkins 

This will be my FA pick to fill Lorenzo leaving i think it would be a good get & after last year he could be looking for a new home & like what he sees here in B/Lo ! 

Joe Shobert LB i think he plays the same side as Zo did too ?? He will be looking for a new contract & Beane may be able to dangle a big enough carrot in front of him to get it done not to mention if Poyer may know him he might be able to throw dude a phone call or 2 to give him some incentive to come over ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102190/article/hiring-of-berry-might-bode-well-for-joe-schobert-return

Sign - Shobert to replace Zo 

Trade for -  Devonte Freemon RB it should be a low pick & could bolster the room 

draft -  Laviska Shenault 

Edited by T master

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Because there’s more to pass rushing than sacks.

He’s 4th in TFLs over the last 4 seasons behind Donald, Chandler Jones, and Cam Jordan.

He’s 3rd in QB pressures over the last 3 seasons.

He’s a monster against the run.

And all of that has come in defensive schemes that aren’t tailored to speed-to-power conversion rushers like Clowney (McDermott’s D is perfect for that, which is why guys like Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy racked up sacks in that scheme and didn’t elsewhere).

All that said:

Sign Clowney

Trade for AJ Green

Draft Brandon Aiyuk

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Because there’s more to pass rushing than sacks.

He’s 4th in TFLs over the last 4 seasons behind Donald, Chandler Jones, and Cam Jordan.

He’s 3rd in QB pressures over the last 3 seasons.

He’s a monster against the run.

And all of that has come in defensive schemes that aren’t tailored to speed-to-power conversion rushers like Clowney (McDermott’s D is perfect for that, which is why guys like Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy racked up sacks in that scheme and didn’t elsewhere).

All that said:

Sign Clowney

Trade for AJ Green

Draft Brandon Aiyuk

That's great. But we need sacks. We need a guy who can put the QB on the ground. Period. We don't need another 2nd tier pass rusher like Hughes.

Just now, MJS said:

That's great. But we need sacks. We need a guy who can put the QB on the ground. Period. We don't need another 2nd tier pass rusher like Hughes.

Putting the QB on the ground? Like, say, QB knockdowns?

Cool...because Clowney had more QB knockdowns in 2019 than Aaron Donald (and Yannick Ngakoue for the record).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/defense_advanced.htm

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Putting the QB on the ground? Like, say, QB knockdowns?

Cool...because Clowney had more QB knockdowns in 2019 than Aaron Donald (and Yannick Ngakoue for the record).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/defense_advanced.htm

With Shaq Lawson having the same as Donald and Ngakoue, in a lot fewer snaps, @ 9 in total. I think it's also good to note that Clowney had 17 QB hurries credited to him if we are making that case, Shaq with 12, and Ngakoue with 9 (Shaq having played the fewest snaps of all 3 players and Ngakoue having played the most).