2020 Strength of Schedule Rankings

dayman

That’s with having a quarter of their games against the pathetic Fish and Jets

13 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Few injuries and contract disputes change the whole list. Can’t put too much stock in those lists. Only game that matters is the next game. 

men who watch football like to make these speculations

sometimes they put $$$ on their hunches about football

you should have learned both axioms by the time you are 7 years old

Edited by row_33

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agree for the most part, but the Bills schedule this season was historically easy.... it would be a miracle for them to have just as easy a road. 

Its going to be a tougher schedule. 

You won’t know really how tough the schedule is until about 6 weeks in but that can always change.

Teams surprise, teams disappoint, injuries happen, teams get hot, teams collapse....

42 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I have two things to say:

1- the exact opposite happened with the pats last year, costing them a bye week. 

2- it’s a lot easier to get off to a good start when your team is actually good. 

These days you can get 6-8 games in a row against pitiful opponents, this tends to help optimism and playoff viability 

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You won’t know really how tough the schedule is until about 6 weeks in but that can always change.

Teams surprise, teams disappoint, injuries happen, teams get hot, teams collapse....

really

Things won’t be the same next year?

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

These days you can get 6-8 games in a row against pitiful opponents, this tends to help optimism and playoff viability 

really

Things won’t be the same next year?

Some things stay the same.  Just like your father, my father, you and soon to be me....they check the prostate the same way.  

I try to view strength of schedule until about mid-season but last year it was easy to see that was going to be an easy schedule. Basically what I do is look at the QB's. 

Next year there aren't many games against weak QB's. Injuries will obviously change things.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

That’s with having a quarter of their games against the pathetic Fish and Jets

men who watch football like to make these speculations

sometimes they put $$$ on their hunches about football

you should have learned both axioms by the time you are 7 years old

Thanks for the education. I prefer my money to stay in my pocket though. I don’t waste cash on silly bets 

14 hours ago, gobills404 said:

I thought that too but then I realized it's because they're the only team in their division that doesn't have to play the 14-2 Ravens twice.

If you look look at the sorting and see AFC north are close to the top and AFC east are close to the bottom

afc east play nfc west which has the most total wins. AFC north places the nfc east which has the least to total  wins.

in conference it’s east-west and north-south. South and west have about the same total wins.

when you factor in divisional opponents the ravens have the weakest divisional opponents wins

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

The fact that the Ravens have the easiest schedule in their division and the Bengals have the toughest schedule in the division is the fact that the Ravens get to play the Bengals twice while the Bengals have to play the Ravens twice.  The fact that teams within a division tend to be bunched up in a SOS list is due to the high number of common opponents they share.

makes sense. I thought the tried to skew the rest of the schedule, but I get it. 

Certainly not how parity works. 

22 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I know most of you want to dismiss strength of schedule but next season the odds of playing 8 teams .500 or worse is not likely to happen again. 

Actually the odds of that are pretty strong. Its a parity league with salary cap and all. 500 is the center point of the league believe it or not.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The odds of the HISTORICALLY easy schedule that they saw this year are not likely. 

Their best win was the .500 Dallas Cowboys in Dallas. Outside of that they beat absolutely no one unless you consider the Mariota lead Titans a good team.

The Mariota titans were a 500 team coming into buffalo. And the 2018 schedule was just as easy. We just didn't beat as many of the easy teams that year.