25. Texans
26. Lions
27. Falcons
28. Bills
29. 49ers
30. Dolphins
31. Jets
32. Patriots

Obviously SOS at this point is going to look a lot different than SOS at the end of the season. But the Bills and AFCE projected to get a bit a karma next season.

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Crazy that the Ravens top the list. You’d think they’d at least have the hardest in their division. 

Agreed. Obviously I didn't make the video (NFL channel video) but some things seems weird...like the Pas having harder schedule than Jets and Dolphins? Should be fairly similar schedule but the Jets and Dolphins have the Pats twice and the Pats have...the Jets and Dolphins twice...granted lots of variation in some of the other match-ups and I'm not sitting here with spreadsheets...

Edited by dayman
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Crazy that the Ravens top the list. You’d think they’d at least have the hardest in their division. 

I thought that too but then I realized it's because they're the only team in their division that doesn't have to play the 14-2 Ravens twice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gobills404 said:

I thought that too but then I realized it's because they're the only team in their division that doesn't have to play the 14-2 Ravens twice.

They also get to play the NFC East like we enjoyed last year.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This means nothing....

Who thought the Rams would be bad and 49ers would be good this year?  

That looking forward to the next season, based upon the last season stuff is often overrated, IMO. I’m not saying it’s worthless, but it seems half the teams who make the playoffs one year miss it the next. Lots of factors, and stuff happens.

Go Bills! Keep going on the right direction! 

The issue I have had over the years with the schedule makers is constantly front loading the Jets difficult games at the beginning of the season. 

Ever notice how the Pats always seem to get a cake walk their first 8 games?

As you saw with the Bills last year its a lot easier to cash in a good season when you get off to a good start. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This means nothing....

Who thought the Rams would be bad and 49ers would be good this year?  

Rams slipping back I had.....  and I did have the 9ers improving.... but I had them 8-8 and Shanahan's seat getting warm. Which was a pretty big miss.  

4 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Equally it is the Patriots having to play them as a 1st placed team that drops them below the other AFCE teams on this list. 

The AFCE has a tough slate this year. I have been saying it since halfway through last season. They play the best division in football and maybe the best division in the AFC too. Highly unlikely that any team from the East gets in as a wildcard in 2020. Wanna get a ticket to the dance? You gotta win the division IMO. Good news is I think we can. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The AFCE has a tough slate this year. I have been saying it since halfway through last season. They play the best division in football and maybe the best division in the AFC too. Highly unlikely that any team from the East gets in as a wildcard in 2020. Wanna get a ticket to the dance? You gotta win the division IMO. Good news is I think we can. 

Yes. We need to focus on winning the Division, which is finally more attainable than at any time in the past 16 years. A lesser W/L record is conceivable, but we only have to have a better record than NE*, NYJ & MIA.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes. We need to focus on winning the Division, which is finally more attainable than at any time in the past 16 years. A lesser W/L record is conceivable, but we only have to have a better record than NE*, NYJ & MIA.

New England is obviously the great unknown here given the QB situation.... but I could see the Bills going 9-7 and winning the AFCE in 2020 and all four teams winning between 6 and 9 games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Absolutely! We need to win the division in 2020. The total number of wins doesn’t mean that much as long as it is better than the rest of the teams in our division. Really like our chances. The Patriots reign is over. Between the Bills, Chiefs and Ravens I don’t see the Pats in another SB for a long time. Within a couple years they will be playing in front of a half filled Gillette Stadium crowd. So long to all the front-runner, bandwagon jumper fans!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So much is unknown at this point.  If Brady doesn’t come back to the Pats, our chances of winning the division increases and a lot of “what if’s”, but if McBeane makes all the right choices in free agency and the draft primarily on offense and some defense, we could still win 10 games.  The nice part is if we actually win 10 games, we will be battle hardened playing against the best in the AFC and NFC.  We would be much better prepared for a deep run in the playoffs as we would have been there.

The SOS is a factor, but as stated above look how many teams go up and down each year.  There really isn’t anything any of us can do anything about it, so just roll with it.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Kind of impossible.  Ravens get two agains the bengals.  Whereas the bengals get two against ravens.  

Just WIN......Beat the Jets & the Fish twice, split NE and go 5 and 6 for the balance of the schedule and the division should be ours.  Easier said than done and the Jets will be better.  but its a tough schedule for everyone!   GO BILLS

Finally, to be the best, beat the best!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The fact that the Ravens have the easiest schedule in their division and the Bengals have the toughest schedule in the division is the fact that the Ravens get to play the Bengals twice while the Bengals have to play the Ravens twice.  The fact that teams within a division tend to be bunched up in a SOS list is due to the high number of common opponents they share.

7 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

The issue I have had over the years with the schedule makers is constantly front loading the Jets difficult games at the beginning of the season. 

Ever notice how the Pats always seem to get a cake walk their first 8 games?

As you saw with the Bills last year its a lot easier to cash in a good season when you get off to a good start. 

I have two things to say:

1- the exact opposite happened with the pats last year, costing them a bye week. 

2- it’s a lot easier to get off to a good start when your team is actually good.