No wonder everyone on this board is nuts

\GoBillsInDallas/

9 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Bill Burr has a bit on this.

When I last saw his stand up, he jokes about how humans are going to become extinct by being ‘*****’ to death by robots. 

In other words, these sex robots are going to be so close to perfection that we won’t be able to tell the difference between them and us. 

kinda freaky to think about. 

The Amish will still be around.  The only problem is that everybody else dying off puts a hurt on the Amish living on the fringe of society.  Nobody would be around to drive them to town or use a phone.  A conundrum ahead for the Amish bishops.

15 hours ago, aristocrat said:

how long until VR is so real people just don't leave their home and live in that reality?  Perhaps that becomes their life and they simply are hooked to an iv and literally never leave that world?  tech is moving so quick it only takes a couple of advances and that's a reality for some people

So a real-life Matrix existence?

19 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I was watching a show over the weekend on the HISTORY CH that covered this  and AI 

along with 

transferring your consciousness into a robot 

and a movie I've seen a # of times 

MV5BOGUyMDNkMWItOGM1Yy00Y2FjLTk1ZDQtYWQ2

511SJQZGNSL._SY445_.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I was watching a show over the weekend on the HISTORY CH that covered this  and AI 

along with 

transferring your consciousness into a robot 

and a movie I've seen a # of times 

MV5BOGUyMDNkMWItOGM1Yy00Y2FjLTk1ZDQtYWQ2

511SJQZGNSL._SY445_.jpg

Transferring a human's consciousness has been around in SF for generations.  Just one more thing that humanity does not need as the -a-holes will be first in line as they think that their thoughts are so valuable to society.  

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I don't really understand the shock BBF.

I live in New York. Do you? They are letting criminals go with no bail and giving them Mets tickets, Amazon Cards, and Dunkin Donuts gift cards if they appear in court. What would make you believe that the politicians who allow this care about you and/or your family?

Bro, I'm truly not trying to argue. My question is legit.

Mets tickets are more than enough punishment and actually worse for society -who needs more @Gugny's around? :sick:

10 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Transferring a human's consciousness has been around in SF for generations.

It's my unconsciousness being transferred that I worry about.

I have no clue what's going on in there and if anyone did.....?

• Haha (+1) 1

On February 16, 2020 at 5:46 PM, Bill from NYC said:

I believe this article and think that these robots are only a matter of time.

If someone would have came out to the park in Queens where we hung out in the 70s and told us that talking telephones would take us to a destination thousands of miles away, we would have thought the person was tripping.

I also predict that at some point, people will be able to point phones at each other and read the other person's mind. Not in my lifetime mind you, but I think that it is just a matter of time.

Jmo.

They already have that phone mind reading thing but it only works when you point at a Canadian because nothing happens.

All kidding aside...

Let's be honest.  When the day comes that a man can go buy a super hot sexy girlfriend robot and have sex with it in a manner that is convincing enough to replicate 80% or 90% of the real thing...there are going to be a lot of robot manufacturing company billionaires, fewer real human couples, and not nearly as many children running around.

The technical hurdles that need to be overcome for such a challenge are huge.  Imagine how easy it is to detect the differences between a robot with today's technology and a real human being.  It's not even like comparing a modern video game to Space Invaders.  We're not that far yet.  

Having said that, and applying some sort of adaptation of Moore's law to the problem, it stands to reason that the day will come when the super robots do in fact exist. 

No idea how long that will take.  100 years?  A lot more?  But the day is probably coming!  Humans who will be around to see those creations are going to be freaked out.

On 2/16/2020 at 6:00 PM, BringBackFergy said:

... My point is why can’t these brilliant scientists create a female robot who can push buttons, plow the driveway and plant wildflowers at our local canal system? 

oh, they can. they're just ***** with you by not letting you have one.

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

All kidding aside...

Let's be honest.  When the day comes that a man can go buy a super hot sexy girlfriend robot and have sex with it in a manner that is convincing enough to replicate 80% or 90% of the real thing...there are going to be a lot of robot manufacturing company billionaires, fewer real human couples, and not nearly as many children running around.

The technical hurdles that need to be overcome for such a challenge are huge.  Imagine how easy it is to detect the differences between a robot with today's technology and a real human being.  It's not even like comparing a modern video game to Space Invaders.  We're not that far yet.  

Having said that, and applying some sort of adaptation of Moore's law to the problem, it stands to reason that the day will come when the super robots do in fact exist. 

No idea how long that will take.  100 years?  A lot more?  But the day is probably coming!  Humans who will be around to see those creations are going to be freaked out.

but man wants misery in his life

take a look around you, boy, it's bound to scare you boy...  :(

Edited by row_33