I think the big fish is Chris Jones.

njbuff

The Bills had Star restructure his contract and the Bills look like they are letting Phillips walk.

I bet McBeane wants to make a really good D elite by signing Jones.

I don't know if KC can/will franchise, but if they do...............

what I just typed above is absolute gibberish.

But I do think that Chris Jones is the one that McBeane go out and spend the money on.

What do you think?

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, njbuff said:

In this scenario, I would expect the Bills to go after an edge rusher in the 2nd, unless one of the big three slip to them in the first round.

Chris Jones can actually play some end from time to time.

Jones is a monster but he isn't lining up  at D end in McDermott's base 43 

And this would pretty much negate our top 10 pick Oliver to lots of less playing time

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

And this would pretty much negate our top 10 pick Oliver to lots of less playing time

If you think it negates Oliver's playing time and McBeane feels the way you do...............

I guess Jones won't be the big fish.

Just now, njbuff said:

If you think it negates Oliver's playing time and McBeane feels the way you do...............

I guess Jones won't be the big fish.

I mean I really love Oliver and think he can be a stud... But Jones is much better than him at this point, super underrated

I think it would be hard for Oliver to crack the starting lineup if he had to beat out Chris Jones

We do run a rotation and of course the goal is better players but Jones will get a big contract and I think Oliver will in 3 years.. so they kinda overlap

26 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills had Star restructure his contract and the Bills look like they are letting Phillips walk.

I bet McBeane wants to make a really good D elite by signing Jones.

I don't know if KC can/will franchise, but if they do...............

what I just typed above is absolute gibberish.

But I do think that Chris Jones is the one that McBeane go out and spend the money on.

What do you think?

End of the day your not beating good teams with guys like Murphy at DE,  cut him and that saves us 8 mill,  you add another 10 to that and pay around 18-20 million.  He can be a difference maker,  guys like Trent Murphy get you beat,  I AM ALL FOR IT !

• Like (+1) 3

While I wish this were the case, I don't believe it is.

First, you have Beane's comments about not wanting to set the market again this year, which they would DEFINITELY be doing if they signed Chris Jones.

Second, they didn't draft Ed Oliver in the top 10 last year just to hand out a record setting contract to a player at the same position the very next offseason. It doesn't make any sense.

IF the Bills hand out big money in free agency, I'd be willing to bet it's to an edge rusher like Ngakoue or Clowney, and even that I sort of doubt. 

None of this is a reflection on what I WANT to happen, because Jones is a beast and I'd love for him to be a Bill. I just don't see it happening.

• Like (+1) 2

I think Beane is too smart to go all in with huge amounts of cash on one player. I’m not a fan of spending big bucks on top free agents, unless you literally have every other piece in place. Even in that rare circumstance, many teams have invested greatly in one player, only to find out he wasn’t the missing piece. Build through the draft, and make smart free agent singings. Only teams with an elite QB should ever dabble in the world of big money free agency imo. 

34 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Exactly. He plays the same position as the guy they just spent the #9 pick on. Not. Happening. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Doesn’t help our pass rush which is needed

I don't want us to sign him for other reasons, but he's literally the best pass rushing DT in the league not named Aaron Donald. To say he wouldn't help our pass rush is just ignorant.

• Like (+1) 1

Right idea, wrong position, IMO. I just can't understand people wanting to reduce the #snaps for Oliver or Singletary in their sophmore seasons. Makes no sense.

We need game changers and I don't care how we get them.

Edited by GreggTX