Gunner's 2020 Mock Draft! UPDATE - v3.0 (and FINAL) now posted on p.8

GunnerBill

18 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

I know AJ Epenesa is the complete opposite of a trendy social pick, but he'll be a very solid 10 year + pro in this league. Personally I'd take him and you will guarantee B+ every year for a decade

No need for me to read 4 pages of responses when the first one echoed my sentiments. Might depend on what happens with Shaq and the Phillips brothers (one FA, one coming off injury,) but even if all 3 remain Bills I would like to see this pick. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

For those that know the college game who is BPA at 22. They will take BPA regardless of need if what they preach comes to fruition. 

Comparing my mock against my early board it would be Kristian Fulton the LSU corner. I do think he would be in the conversation in that scenario as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

What’s there not to like ?    His floor is Jarvis Landry imo.   

That’s a ridiculously high floor for any prospect.  Just a ridiculous statement to make. 

I think the mock was nicely done in general.  Probably a little high for Wirfs especially with the other OTs on the board and definitely low for Simmons at 14, but a good job overall. 

Edited by BarleyNY

44 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s a ridiculously high floor for any prospect.  Just a ridiculous statement to make. 

I think the mock was nicely done in general.  Probably a little high for Wirfs especially with the other OTs on the board and definitely low for Simmons at 14, but a good job overall. 

Wirfs is my #1 OT. But also I just felt he most fitted what Gettleman tends to look for. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Comparing my mock against my early board it would be Kristian Fulton the LSU corner. I do think he would be in the conversation in that scenario as well. 

staying at #22and looking at BPA- the CBs seem to fall there and I think are a better option that driving WR talent up the board. Where I am on the WRs is that you have the top 3 who are heads and shoulders above the rest, and the next 2ish sets of tiers are pretty close in overall talent. If we don't go for one of the 3, I suspect we will wait until RD2 to draft one

• Like (+1) 1

...uh oh.....GB's prognostications have dashed Tyrod's hopes of being the starter according to Lynn's earlier comments.....

6. Chargers - Justin Herbert - QB - Oregan
The Philip Rivers era is officially over and the Chargers are going to draft a Quarterback. I don't love Herbert and he isn't a lock to be the third QB off the board on my opinion, but he remains the most likely to be picked here.

3 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Shenault all day if he there when we pick, and its not even close.

...so no concerns with his recently published "nagging injury"?.............

20 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Bills whiffed on two Clemson WR's in their history.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

You are forgetting Jerry Butler.

No way Butler was a whiff. Averaged over 800 yards a year under ground Chuck (interpolating the strike shortened 82 season to 16 games.) ROY in 79, first team all pro in 80. Knee injury in 83 really slowed him down (missed half of 83  and all of 84.) Still, almost 800 yards on a 2-14 85 team, held on to the TD pass that resulted in career ending injury in 86. Buffalo Rumblings had him on the Bills' 50 man all time team (in 2009, probably wouldn't make it now.)

Edited by Steve O

Gunner I don't get the Jets trade.

You have Wills, Becton and Thomas taken within 4 spots, which I assume means that you have very similar grades on them. If Jets stay on 11, the way your mock evolves it seems very likely that they still get one of them (Panthers don't take OT, Jags take Brown).

Do you really think it makes sense for them to give up 2nd and 3rd round just to get their choice within three similar players (in terms of quality, I don't watch college so I only rely on your mock)? And then taking guy who might even end up as RT only?

And even if they somehow missed on all four at 11, they still may happily take Jeudy and get two olinemen in next two rounds.

34 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Gunner I don't get the Jets trade.

You have Wills, Becton and Thomas taken within 4 spots, which I assume means that you have very similar grades on them. If Jets stay on 11, the way your mock evolves it seems very likely that they still get one of them (Panthers don't take OT, Jags take Brown).

Do you really think it makes sense for them to give up 2nd and 3rd round just to get their choice within three similar players (in terms of quality, I don't watch college so I only rely on your mock)? And then taking guy who might even end up as RT only?

And even if they somehow missed on all four at 11, they still may happily take Jeudy and get two olinemen in next two rounds.

I think they need a pro-ready guy. Which I think makes Becton less likely for them. I am not sure they will do it but I think a trade up from them is possible. Remember when the Titans traded right up for Conklin and everyone thought they could have stood still and got him and Taylor Decker was still on the board? It does happen.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Bills whiffed on two Clemson WR's in their history.

I guess the third time is the charm in this draft.

Mocks will change about 33.000 times before the draft though.

Are you not old enough to remember Jerry Butler?  They have hit on one Clemson receiver. 

Edited by jjmac

Just now, jjmac said:

Are you not old enough to remember Jerry Butler. They have hit on one Clemson receiver. 

I pointed out my mistake.

I guess I was too consumed with Perry Tuttle being absolute bust to notice Jerry Butler.

?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nice write up. I’m in the camp that there’s 2 WRs that I’d spend a 1st in this deep WR class (Jeudy and Lamb) who I can see as Julio Jones/DeAndre Hopkins type players. Other than that, I’d rather grab a top Edge rusher, CB or OT and see which WRs fall to us in the 2nd or 3rd round. If all our top options are taken by 22, see if you could trade down and gain an extra 2nd/3rd, then I’d package some late picks to move back into the 3rd/4th.

• Like (+1) 1