Gunner's 2020 Mock Draft! UPDATE - v3.0 (and FINAL) now posted on p.8

GunnerBill

I'm not sure about the Detroit-Miami trade for #3.  I might be alone on this but I can see Detroit going with Tagovailoa with that pick.  Patricia is going into year three and needs to show improvement.  Stanford has been there 11 years and they have 3 wildcard appearances and three loses in that time.  They can draft Tua, play Stafford the year and opt out of the last two years of his deal.  

That might put the Giants pick in play for teams looking for a QB in this year's draft.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Why are KC trading UP? They have half their cap tied up in 8 players and their all world QB to pay. They need as many cheap players as they can get. They are the last team that would trade up. 

It’s a draft simulator. If not Kansas City, someone else. Point is to load up on picks and load the roster.

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m a big fan of trading down. We have holes all over the place. People say that we lack A+ players but I disagree. I could see Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds and Devin Singletary being elite players and then we have TreDavious White who has been elite. We need to move down and accumulate picks. RB2, WR1, WR4, OG, RT, DT, DE, OLB, backup MLB, CB2 are all need areas. I did a trade down on first pick and this was my haul, I think most of the players would stick.

Round 1 Pick 32 (K.C.): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 22: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (A)
Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Darryl Williams, C/OG, Mississippi State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 22: Kenny Willekes, DE, Michigan State (A)
Round 3 Pick 32 (K.C.): Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 22: Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Scott Lashley, OT, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland (A+)
Round 6 Pick 22: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (A+)
Round 6 Pick 23: Stephen Guidry, WR, Mississippi State (A+)

Yeah I am actually thinking the exact opposite

We dont have holes "all over the place" that is why we are 10 and 6.....most of our roster is already signed......and picking in the 20's.

This is where I feel we need to get more specific on exactly what the few holes we have left are

I am not a fan of trading up....unless the top 2 WR's start falling....but I am def not a fan of trading down.

• Like (+1) 4

Thanks for taking the time to do this..

I think Detroit is going to sell that No 3 pick for a kings ransom... more than you have indicated.. ( that’s provided they don’t want Tua themselves)..

I hope Higgins is not the pick in Round 1.... I think there is a chance the Bills trade this pick for an established  WR.. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

4 OT in the top 10..

I noticed that.....and I love gunner and think he really knows his stuff but that is a lot of OT's

I think if a quality OT falls to us you really have to look at it.....right now it is still WR for me

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Thanks for taking the time to do this..

I think Detroit is going to sell that No 3 pick for a kings ransom... more than you have indicated.. ( that’s provided they don’t want Tua themselves)..

I hope Higgins is not the pick in Round 1.... I think there is a chance the Bills trade this pick for an established  WR.. 

I would live with it if they did if they can get a number 1 guy

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I noticed that.....and I love gunner and think he really knows his stuff but that is a lot of OT's

I think if a quality OT falls to us you really have to look at it.....right now it is still WR for me

Bad teams do it every year it seems...

• Like (+1) 1

I like it if we sign Brandon Scherff to play RT and let Cody Ford compete with Feliciano at RG. I still wouldn't mind a DE or CB at 22 because this draft is so deep at WR. I think round 3 would be fine for drafting an OLB to replace Lorenzo. I'd also like to sign an additional outside WR in FA -- Maybe not a #1, but an upgrade from Foster and Williams. Day 3, I hope lands us some guys to compete for OL/DL jobs. I suspect we will sign Greg Olsen whom I believe is still playing at a high level. We can revisit the TE position in another year or 2 depending on how long Olsen stays viable and how well/quickly Knox and Sweeney develop.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good work. I'm personally not that excited about Higgins since I think he's a bit slender and possiby injury-prone in the nfl. Does he have the strength to fight off NFL DBs and battle for the ball/

this is my concern. 

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

this is my concern. 

If I could somehow merge Higgins and Shenault, I'd be thrilled. But I have questions on both. Luckily it's not up to me to make that decision. In Beane I Trust.

I'm also interested in Thad Moss. Big body TE who can definitely go up and "Moss" people. Maybe Higgins in the 1st, and Moss later? Not sure where Moss is slated to go...

Edited by DrDawkinstein

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Shouldn't we get a handle on the combine and FA first before we indulge in these mock drafts.

Doing mocks before that are pretty useless.

Right, because there are so many other compelling threads on the board right now, like the seven "Would you trade our first round pick for [insert name of player you've heard of, who's not even on the market]" threads.... 

Solid work.  Three things from my perspective 

1 - I just can’t see that many OT going in the first round, especially the top 10. 

2 - I don’t think the Panthers trade back if their DT is still there

3 - If Simmons falls that far, which I doubt, I would hope the Bills would trade up for him 

• Like (+1) 3