Gunner's 2020 Mock Draft! UPDATE - v3.0 (and FINAL) now posted on p.8

GunnerBill

I hope the Jets use 3 of their top 4 picks to draft a single OT. That would surprise me and I don't think Jets fans would be happy.

I think Higgins will go at least 10 spots lower than that. If we're going WR in the 1st, I would expect us to take Laviska Shenault since he fits Daboll's offense perfectly. He's an immediate upgrade in McKenzie's role with developmental upside to be a #1 WR. Also - and this might sound unimportant - he has experience playing in snowy Colorado, and reportedly has high character. For McDermott and Beane both those things will matter.

Preferably we would take another WR in the 3rd or 4th to compete with Duke. I'd be curious to know your favorite mid-round targets. The "trendy" names I see mocked a lot are Pittman, Colin Johnson, and Van Jefferson.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I reckon there will be more than 1 team bidding for that pick and it will drive up the price.

44 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

I think that's fairly realistic for Tua. Given the competition from LA and Carolina, Miami will have to offer a late 1 at least 

Good call.  I somehow forgot how top QB prospects can cause teams to salivate.  

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I hope the Jets use 3 of their top 4 picks to draft a single OT. That would surprise me and I don't think Jets fans would be happy.

I think Higgins will go at least 10 spots lower than that. If we're going WR in the 1st, I would expect us to take Laviska Shenault since he fits Daboll's offense perfectly. He's an immediate upgrade in McKenzie's role with developmental upside to be a #1 WR. Also - and this might sound unimportant - he has experience playing in snowy Colorado, and reportedly has high character. For McDermott and Beane both those things will matter.

Preferably we would take another WR in the 3rd or 4th to compete with Duke. I'd be curious to know your favorite mid-round targets. The "trendy" names I see mocked a lot are Pittman, Colin Johnson, and Van Jefferson.

We just disagree on Higgins and Shenault. I have them both in that 2nd tier of receivers but I think Higgins's ceiling is higher. 

Edited by GunnerBill

30 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

What’s there not to like ?    His floor is Jarvis Landry imo.   

IDK.   He seems more limited in his route flexibility to me. 

There is the below, however, which should endear him to McD:

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Shouldn't we get a handle on the combine and FA first before we indulge in these mock drafts.

Doing mocks before that are pretty useless.

I always try and do one pre-FA and one after. It does normally change things and interesting to track how. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I always try and do one pre-FA and one after. It does normally change things and interesting to track how. 

I would love to do a mock before FA, but we have no idea who is going to do what.

I understand why you do a mock, but for me if I posted a mock before FA, I would usually look foolish. ?

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I would love to do a mock before FA, but we have no idea who is going to do what.

I understand why you do a mock, but for me if I posted a mock before FA, I would usually look foolish. ?

I don’t think it’s about being “right” as much as it is a primer for the entire process. GB follows this stuff very closely, and I appreciate it as I really don’t know much about these guys other than the big names. I personally find it helpful and I appreciate the info and opinions. Just my opinion....

Now, do I recommend it for everyone? No, because most people don’t follow it as closely as GB and it is generally too early to be overloaded with this stuff, as you say. A taste is fine with me. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

I don't mind Higgens, but personally I'd prefer Jefferson. I like the size speed ratio of Higgens and the catch radius he has but, I really think Jefferson is going to be the steal at WR. He's got the ability at the line to make the press miss and set up his route against the DB to create separation. Plus he's a hell of a blocker

I’m a big fan of trading down. We have holes all over the place. People say that we lack A+ players but I disagree. I could see Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds and Devin Singletary being elite players and then we have TreDavious White who has been elite. We need to move down and accumulate picks. RB2, WR1, WR4, OG, RT, DT, DE, OLB, backup MLB, CB2 are all need areas. I did a trade down on first pick and this was my haul, I think most of the players would stick.

Round 1 Pick 32 (K.C.): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 22: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (A)
Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Darryl Williams, C/OG, Mississippi State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 22: Kenny Willekes, DE, Michigan State (A)
Round 3 Pick 32 (K.C.): Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 22: Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Scott Lashley, OT, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland (A+)
Round 6 Pick 22: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (A+)
Round 6 Pick 23: Stephen Guidry, WR, Mississippi State (A+)

17 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m a big fan of trading down. We have holes all over the place. People say that we lack A+ players but I disagree. I could see Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds and Devin Singletary being elite players and then we have TreDavious White who has been elite. We need to move down and accumulate picks. RB2, WR1, WR4, OG, RT, DT, DE, OLB, backup MLB, CB2 are all need areas. I did a trade down on first pick and this was my haul, I think most of the players would stick.

Round 1 Pick 32 (K.C.): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 22: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (A)
Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Darryl Williams, C/OG, Mississippi State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 22: Kenny Willekes, DE, Michigan State (A)
Round 3 Pick 32 (K.C.): Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 22: Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Scott Lashley, OT, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland (A+)
Round 6 Pick 22: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (A+)
Round 6 Pick 23: Stephen Guidry, WR, Mississippi State (A+)

Why are KC trading UP? They have half their cap tied up in 8 players and their all world QB to pay. They need as many cheap players as they can get. They are the last team that would trade up. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We just disagree on Higgins and Shenault. I have them both in that 2nd tier of receivers but I think Higgins's ceiling is higher. 

I don't have any strong opinions on which prospects are better than any other. I feel pretty meh about Higgins but I'll be the first to admit I have no clue when it comes to this stuff. I just think Shenault fits what McDermott and Beane look for - athletic, versatile, high character. The only thing that really worries me about him is his injury history but I don't think they'll care.

• Like (+1) 1