XFL Week 2 game threads

PromoTheRobot

48 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

I have watched every game over the last 2 weeks. They don't call ticky tack BS judgement penalties. Most calls they have made are obvious and blatant from what I've seen and the correct call.

That's my beef with NFL officiating.  The Refs call stuff they *think* they see.  Well, they should call nothing unless is 100% obvious and egregious.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I watched the DAL/LA game.  It was the first XFL action I'd seen.  All in all, I thought it was horrible.  I might have just picked the wrong game to watch, but it was just bad football.  Very sloppy.  Lots of fumbles.

I was fine with the rules, etc.  The level of talent and quality was just a lot lower than I expected.  It looked like a bunch of big, old guys who got a lot of nice equipment for a pickup game.  Kind of like an intramural league.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/15/2020 at 1:57 PM, Augie said:

It’s just funny to me. I’d think the other side could just be watching TV in the box. Maybe there is a delay? It just seems funny, and definitely not Astro-level of sneaky. 

I only watched a few minutes, but it was enough to make me watch a few minutes of the game coming up on Fox. 

Jim Zorn got upset after last week’s game when he found out about it 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I watched the DAL/LA game.  It was the first XFL action I'd seen.  All in all, I thought it was horrible.  I might have just picked the wrong game to watch, but it was just bad football.  Very sloppy.  Lots of fumbles.

I was fine with the rules, etc.  The level of talent and quality was just a lot lower than I expected.  It looked like a bunch of big, old guys who got a lot of nice equipment for a pickup game.  Kind of like an intramural league.

The last game was the one to watch, StL v Hou. Even though that failure to stop a 4th and 12 cost me.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

The Bills really need a guy like Phillips.  Would bring something different to their offense

We waived him twice, including the year we had the worst group of WRs in the NFL.  That ship has already sailed and sunk.  

man my beloved BattleHawks were ROBBED on that uncalled Offside where Ta'amu chucked it up...but didn't get the flag, so whoops, pick. It was the worst loss in the history of the franchise!!!

(My Giants fan buddy decided to pick a team to root for for a laugh....thank god we picked St Louis over NY. I saw Guardians fans wearing Jets gear. Eww. St. Louis got the nod due to not having an NFL team, plus the Qbs nickname is "The Throwin' Samoan".)

Edited by Golden*Wheels
  • Like (+1) 2