XFL Week 2 game threads

PromoTheRobot

8 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

People actually watch the XFL??? LOL it’s from Vince McMahon. This ***** is scripted 

4 hours ago, simpleman said:

This weeks game just show very clearly. It is all about a decent QB. You can make an entertaining game with middling talent on the rest of the field. But without competent Qbs the game is boring. If the XFL wants to not fail like all that came before it, they have to actually pay serious bucks for quality QB talent.

There aren't enough good QBs in the NFL. Where is the XFL supposed to find them? The entire point is to develop talent so they might get to the NFL one day.

Maybe Tom Brady could be tempted?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There aren't enough good QBs in the NFL. Where is the XFL supposed to find them? The entire point is to develop talent so they might get to the NFL one day.

Maybe Tom Brady could be tempted?

Colin Kaepernick was available but his contract demands were too high for the XFL

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/oliver-luck-says-xfl-considered-colin-kaepernick-explains-why-former-49ers-quarterback-isnt-in-league/

Bad quarterbacks a big problem for the XFL

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 16, 2020, 5:39 AM EST

The XFL’s first weekend was a success, with solid TV ratings and generally favorable fan reactions to the upstart league’s innovative rules. Week 2 of the XFL is a different story.

Two more XFL games were played on Saturday, neither of them was compelling, and both of them suffered from bad quarterback play. The quarterbacks playing in the XFL right now just don’t look capable of delivering the kind of football that modern fans have grown accustomed to watching.

Obviously, no quarterback who’s good enough to start in the NFL is going to play in the XFL. But for its games to be entertaining, the the XFL at least needs quarterbacks who are able to play well against XFL defenses. And currently, the XFL doesn’t have enough of those quarterbacks.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/16/bad-quarterbacks-a-big-problem-for-the-xfl/#comments

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Or the NFL, for that matter. Kaep would be in the league if he wasn't demanding starting QB money.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

And after sitting for 4 years, he'd be no better than McGloin. I don't hate Kaep but people need to stop with the idea he can still play. 

On a completely different topic, I went on the XFL Shop yesterday and noticed they are out of 3/4 of what they are selling.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And after sitting for 4 years, he'd be no better than McGloin. I don't hate Kaep but people need to stop with the idea he can still play. 

On a completely different topic, I went on the XFL Shop yesterday and noticed they are out of 3/4 of what they are selling.

....sorry but the lipstick on his arse is his own......he hit the limelight way too early and his focus became "tats 'n poses", forgetting what the hell he was getting paid for.....opposing DC's figured him out.....once that happened, he was not that good and certainly cannot be a consideration 4 years hence.....he's the NFL version of the "SS Minnow".......

Those Renegade uniforms really don't look very Renegadeish. 

4 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

Yeah the attendance in LA doesn't look good here.

They also lowered the ticket prices in LA yesterday.

I imagine this is what a Chargers home game would look like if you removed the away fans

• Like (+1) 1