XFL Week 2 game threads

PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Another thing I think the xfl shoukd do is allow teams to kick a fg for 1 point after a td, but still allow teams to go for 2 or 3 from the 5 or 10 yard line. I don't love going for 1 from 2 yard line 

The entire point is to get rid of the gimmee point from extra points and put a level of strategy to it. I mean if they do that everyone will kick until they have to go for more just like with two point conversions now.

56 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

McGloin just threw his OC & HC under the bus.  When asked what NY needs to do he said change the entire offensive game plan.  He'll probably be replaced within a couple of weeks talking like that.  If there's a post game presser, I wouldn't be surprised if Gilbride says : We need to change the entire QB depth chart. 

Looks like they started with the QB

13 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Woeful. This is Hackenberg AAF level. 

These McGloin interviews is why the NFL will never copy the sideline interviews, it just stirs trouble 

Well, NFL teams all have individual owners who want to handle their teams differently. Reports of the drama are going to come out later, anyway.

XFL teams are all owned by the same guy. No reason to hide this drama. This lets fans see what's going on in real time, not needing to rely on post-game reports blaming this-and-that. This is a much better experience and I think Vince McMahon welcomes it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I like that the coach covers his mouth calling the plays......... but I can hear every word. Hmmmmm

The other sideline can't can they? I guess they'd have to have someone watching the broadcast and relaying the info. But it really doesn't make a difference either way. The coaches are in constant communication with the QB and receivers so it's much easier to make the adjustment on the fly.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

The other sideline can't can they? I guess they'd have to have someone watching the broadcast and relaying the info. But it really doesn't make a difference either way. The coaches are in constant communication with the QB and receivers so it's much easier to make the adjustment on the fly.

I suspect each team is watching their next week's opponent

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It’s just funny to me. I’d think the other side could just be watching TV in the box. Maybe there is a delay? It just seems funny, and definitely not Astro-level of sneaky. 

I only watched a few minutes, but it was enough to make me watch a few minutes of the game coming up on Fox. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Well, NFL teams all have individual owners who want to handle their teams differently. Reports of the drama are going to come out later, anyway.

XFL teams are all owned by the same guy. No reason to hide this drama. This lets fans see what's going on in real time, not needing to rely on post-game reports blaming this-and-that. This is a much better experience and I think Vince McMahon welcomes it.

It's a big part of the league's appeal. It's part reality show.

2 hours ago, sabres431 said:

Edited by PromoTheRobot