Trade for David Johnson?

Any interest in taking on the last 2 years of DJ's contract in a Brock Osweiler type of play?  Not sure what it would take but maybe like DJ and a pickswap in the 2nd or 3rd or something.  Would be an overpay, and a highly paid RB in general, but they get to clear all his base salary off the books, and RB2 is taken care of. 

Contract remaining would be basically 1 year 11 million, or 2 years 20 million (only guaranteed 2 mil for injury in 2021).  Lot for a running back... but he's also a better more versatile back than gore.  I'd only do it if the trade was also upgrading my draft selection this year.  

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Any interest in taking on the last 2 years of DJ's contract in a Brock Osweiler type of play?  Not sure what it would take but maybe like DJ and a pickswap in the 2nd or 3rd or something.  Would be an overpay, and a highly paid RB in general, but they get to clear all his base salary off the books, and RB2 is taken care of. 

Contract remaining would be basically 1 year 11 million, or 2 years 20 million (only guaranteed 2 mil for injury in 2021).  Lot for a running back... but he's also a better more versatile back than gore.  I'd only do it if the trade was also upgrading my draft selection this year.  

I don't see us going for that.

Watch.... a team will give up a 5th or 7th or whatever, and Johnson will have a solid season under the right system. Then fans will say we should have made a deal. 

I for one think the Bills should still get a veteran backup, someone who can be counted on, take the reigns if needed and still mentor Motor....

• Like (+1) 1

5 years ago under the same cap situation, sure.  But we are not the destination we once were (in a good way) Taking on a bad salary in order to move up doesn’t make sense right now.  Unless that pick is a really high one or the include Chandler Jones ?

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Depends on what they’d give us to take the cap hit for them. I think he’d be a decent compliment to Motor, but I he’s not worth the money unless it includes a 2nd or 3rd.

I would say the second for sure- and then only if his physical looks good.