Could AJ Dillon be a younger/cheaper Derrick Henry?

On 2/14/2020 at 3:17 PM, Buffalo716 said:

be a mismatch in multiple formations

I like what this guy can do for an offense in creating mismatches other places. When he is in the field you really need to be careful with your personnel package because he will slaughter DBs and little linebackers. Line him up in the backfield with a versatile TE in the field and some speed in the slot and have some fun.

The game HAS changed but there will be teams who have an asymmetrical response to the change. San Francisco made the Super Bowl pounding the ball. You will need to be able to throw, but right now NOBODY has a run stuffing middle linebacker on the field very much and if they do you can make it very very uncomfortable for them.

20 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I like what this guy can do for an offense in creating mismatches other places. When he is in the field you really need to be careful with your personnel package because he will slaughter DBs and little linebackers. Line him up in the backfield with a versatile TE in the field and some speed in the slot and have some fun.

The game HAS changed but there will be teams who have an asymmetrical response to the change. San Francisco made the Super Bowl pounding the ball. You will need to be able to throw, but right now NOBODY has a run stuffing middle linebacker on the field very much and if they do you can make it very very uncomfortable for them.

I don't think I ever said he wasn't good or valuable, I actually think he's a really good prospect

My post was in reference to how teams have changed their approach to drafting RBs over the last 5-7 years

Unless it's a downright elite talent they prefer flexibility and versatility over pure running talent

I prefer a RB that can run... Like AJ

59 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

This is a big part of what I was trying to get at in my OP...you just said it a lot better! Cheers dude! 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mr. K said:

Eno Benjamin is the guy I would like to see the Bills maybe even reach on a little bit. After watching him for the last few years this is the guy I want to see on the Bills. He kind of lacks that high end breakaway speed but similar to Devin the guy has the power and moves when used with the quickness he does have should make him a valuable addition somewhere if not in Buffalo.

I knew I was forgetting a prospect in my OP, you nailed it.

Super impressed with Benjamin despite living in Ireland and never getting to watch the PAC-12 (8 hour time difference is the worst!) but he just never goes down on first contact and can help our team on all 3 downs. 

To be honest, id be ok with drafting one of Benjamin/Moss/Perine in rounds 3-4 and then getting Dillon in the 5th or 6th. A backfield of Singletary/Moss/Dillon would be the dream and allow us to cut Yeldon while using less than a million cap space on our entire RB room. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/14/2020 at 9:31 AM, thebandit27 said:

Can I have all three. I could see the Shiftiness of Singletary, the gadget explosive plays from Leake, and the power of Dillon. Doesn’t have to be those three guys but we need more versatility in the RB room.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/15/2020 at 10:33 AM, thebandit27 said:

I have almost no concern about punching the ball in with Motor and Josh in the backfield 

I feel like I should feel the same......than I think back to this past season and only have memories of frank gore getting stuffed for a loss or barely making the first.  Why wasn’t it Singletary....I will never understand