Could AJ Dillon be a younger/cheaper Derrick Henry?

10 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No but at end of day doesn't matter, NEVER PAY BIG money to a RB you will not get value

He will be a day 3 pick at the draft, unless he proves to be a physical freak at the combine, something I don't expect.  Buffalo should be able to get him in the 4th round, or possibly even the fifth.  That means he would be cheap for 3 years.  After that depends on what he does.

I like the idea in general and he looks great, but the video says 250? That almost seems a little too big. Ron Dayne territory, who was really pretty bad despite the "Thunder & Lightning" thing with Tiki Barber. I'd like to see an updated 40 time first if he's really that big.

I love Dillon. Saw this highlight months ago & started drooling over having him.

What really stood out to me in the highlight, is how many times he broke away & outran the field. I remember watching Motor's college highlights last offseason & was surprised at how few times he broke away, despite the absurb shiftiness. 

6 hours ago, noacls said:

Henry 4.54  40

Dillon 4.56 40 coming out of high school

The high school times are almost never remotely accurate. Probably was more like a 4.65-4.70 in high school and has probably improved his speed since then with training. Whether that’s enough to actually run around a 4.55 we shall see. 

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

The high school times are almost never remotely accurate. Probably was more like a 4.65-4.70 in high school and has probably improved his speed since then with training. Whether that’s enough to actually run around a 4.55 we shall see. 

There is also a big difference between shorts and game speed

Some guys light it up in shorts but aren't that fast in pads, and vice versa

He does have good game speed but I don't think he has Derrick Henry game speed

I literally whipped out my stop watch on Dillon's 75 yard run to try and get a game speed figure. With some momentum I kept getting 4.54-4.59 which is solid

He was also moving and has game adrenaline which isn't replicated in shorts

Remember Josh Allen ran like a 4.7 but 20mph in some games... Way faster.. some guys are just faster on game day

We will see with Dillon at the combine

I just did the same with some Henry runs from Alabama. I consistently am clocking him at like 4.47-4.51. 

Edited by Buffalo716

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With his kind of production in a bad situation, and his impressive tape and potential value, why is he a 5th or 6th rounder?  

This is a guy that looks like he should go much earlier than that like 3rd or 4th.

Isn’t reliable or consistent seeing cut backs, lacks top end speed, no proof of catching ability, narrow stance at contact, will bounce runs outside when there’s an available lane inside, doesn’t have the speed to bounce runs consistently in the NFL, lacks burst, poor jump cuts, can be impatient.....

There are a fair amount of knocks. Kid is a hammer with some wiggle though. Plus he’ll be a nightmare if you can get him into the secondary. I think he has more value to teams with solid run blocking lines than teams that are pass oriented. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Maybe, but I’d really like a speed back. My current favorite is Javon Leake

What do you think of LSU's Edward-Helaire? Although he has some similar traits as Singletary adding him to the mix would enhance the offense. He's one of my favorite players in this draft. Maybe a third round grading to him? 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

Eno Benjamin is the guy I would like to see the Bills maybe even reach on a little bit. After watching him for the last few years this is the guy I want to see on the Bills. He kind of lacks that high end breakaway speed but similar to Devin the guy has the power and moves when used with the quickness he does have should make him a valuable addition somewhere if not in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

Sign me up. 

I think Henry was the best offensive skill player in the game last year. What he did @Bal and NE was ridiculous , it's just so hard to predict how good these RB will be on a year to year basis. Look at Gurley/Zeke . 

Really makes me appreciate a guy like Shady , who performed at a consistently high level for almost a decade.  Probably cause he rarely took the big shots. 

I love Motor though and surprised by his receiving skills. 

But bottom line , we have to improve the run game and be able to be more consistent. Ppl fail to mention how inconsistent it was when talking about Allen. 

23 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Maybe, but I’d really like a speed back. My current favorite is Javon Leake

I do too but my only concern then is Motor in goal line situations. 

13 hours ago, DCOrange said:

DC, normally I would agree with you but this was timed at a regional SPARQ camp that got him invited to the finals at Nike headquarters.  

56 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Straight line speed matters little for a RB. Often times it comes down to agility and being able to move well laterally.

Tell that to Motor who constantly got ran down from behind

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Sign me up. 

I think Henry was the best offensive skill player in the game last year. What he did @Bal and NE was ridiculous , it's just so hard to predict how good these RB will be on a year to year basis. Look at Gurley/Zeke . 

Really makes me appreciate a guy like Shady , who performed at a consistently high level for almost a decade.  Probably cause he rarely took the big shots. 

I love Motor though and surprised by his receiving skills. 

But bottom line , we have to improve the run game and be able to be more consistent. Ppl fail to mention how inconsistent it was when talking about Allen. 

I do too but my only concern then is Motor in goal line situations. 

I have almost no concern about punching the ball in with Motor and Josh in the backfield